I would appreciate help with dining plan question

gomets

Earning My Ears
I have learned so much by reading through these threads! My family will be at the the Yacht Club in late August with an 8 day dining plan. I am not sure how to best utilize my 8 dining credits. We have 2 signature meals and 5 "regular" table service meals scheduled. This leaves us with a 1 credit deficit.

I would very much appreciate your expertise to decide which meal for which we should pay and save the credit.

We have reservations at: La Hacienda de San Angel, Cape May Cafe, Restaurant Marrakesh, Hoop de Doo Revue, Biergarten, Tutto Italia and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Can you tell we love the World Showcase?! :-)

I would pay OOP for one of the ones that is not a buffet. The buffets always seem to be the most expensive, and you can't share meals. I think La Hacienda de San Angel or Restaurant Marrakesh would be your best bet for OOP. Another reason I like paying OOP for non-buffets is because to me, the appetizers are often the most interesting dishes on the menu. You can't get them with the dining plan. We might share some appetizers and a dessert at a table service restaurant when we pay OOP.

It depends on what your would order. You can look at the menus and prices online. The most economical use would be to pay OOP for HDDR and add another TS meal.

Generally I think PP is right, paying OOP for one of the non buffet meals should save a few bucks, especially if one is a lunch ADR as they tend to sometimes be a little cheaper. You should go to the Allears.net website and look at the menus and price it out to get a rough idea, and then make a decision. That is what we usually wind up doing.

I'm not sure if the other posters misinterpreted "deficit" or if I am. It sounds like you'll have one credit left over. If you're paying for the dining plan, you might should reconsider. If you have credits left over, you're going to lose money on the plan.

I'm not sure if the other posters misinterpreted "deficit" or if I am. It sounds like you'll have one credit left over. If you're paying for the dining plan, you might should reconsider. If you have credits left over, you're going to lose money on the plan.
The signature restaurants will be 2 TS credits each plus the 5 regular is 9 so they will be short 1 credit. :)

I would look at allears and then pay OOP for the meal that would cost the least. We lke Rose and Crown, so this one tends to be an OOP meal for us.

Use the DDP to pay for the buffets, they tend to be the moreexpensive options. I would also consider how my family would dine on an Epcot day. If you snack your way through, then choose one of the meals that you would not order as much, or that you might share a meal.

Since this is your first time on the DDP, I just want to make sure you're understanding it correctly. The DDP is based on the NIGHTS you are staying. You said you have an 8 DAY plan. Are you staying 8 nights?

At the non-buffet restaurants, you may want to do both. Pay for some meals with a DDP credit and pay for some OOP. This way you will still have desserts to share and if someone wants a lesser expensive entree or just an app, you're not wasting a credit.

Since this is your first time on the DDP, I just want to make sure you're understanding it correctly. The DDP is based on the NIGHTS you are staying. You said you have an 8 DAY plan. Are you staying 8 nights?

At the non-buffet restaurants, you may want to do both. Pay for some meals with a DDP credit and pay for some OOP. This way you will still have desserts to share and if someone wants a lesser expensive entree or just an app, you're not wasting a credit.
Sharonabe makes a good point. If the OP is staying 8 days/7 nights, then they would have 7 TS credits on the dining plan.

Sharonabe makes a good point. If the OP is staying 8 days/7 nights, then they would have 7 TS credits on the dining plan.
Yes true. I totally missed the 8 DAYS, not nights. I just went on what OP said the credit count was. So they'd have a 2 credit deficit then.

Thank you all so much for your help! I'm the OP and we will be there for 8 nights and (if I figured correctly) I need 9 credits for my reservations.
Based on everyones recommendations I'm sure we will be able work it out.

It never ceases to amaze me how knowledgeable and kind you all are to take the time to help. :)

:thanks:

Thank you all so much for your help! I'm the OP and we will be there for 8 nights and (if I figured correctly) I need 9 credits for my reservations.
Based on everyones recommendations I'm sure we will be able work it out.

It never ceases to amaze me how knowledgeable and kind you all are to take the time to help. :)

:thanks:

The reservations you listed do add up to 9 credits per person. I like one of the previous suggestions that you maybe split some credits at San Angel and Marrakesh, depending on how many people are in your party.

For example, if you have only 2 people, one of you could use a table service at San Angel and then pay OOP for an appetizer or two. That would give you one more TS credit at Marrakesh and one of you could use a TS credit and the other pay OOP for an appetizer or two.

Make sense?

It does make a lot of sense, thank you. Sounds like the most economical way to stretch out the available credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter