• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I won a basket of CM stuff!

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I completely forgot to post about this!

My daughter's school had a tricky tray. It's an auction where you buy tickets and put them into boxes in front of different prizes. After everyone uses all their tickets the tickets for each prize are put into a bowl and one is pulled. If it matches your number, you win. This tricky tray had three different levels of prizes with three different value tickets. They were $1-50, $50-100 and $100 and up.

One of the $50-100 baskets was Creative Memories. It was donated by a person I'm friendly with. She is very into scrapbooking and even will "do" scrapbooks for you. Up until that point in the evening I hadn't won a thing. I was getting depressed. We were coming to the end of the baskets and so far ziltch.

My friend wanted to win a gift certificate for dinner from a local restaurant. When they got to that basket she announced to our table that she was winning that backet. Sure enough, she did.

When they got to the CM basket I announced to our group that I was winning it. Imagine my surprise when they called my number! I haven't taken the basket apart yet, but I know if has stickers and cutting tools in it. I will look later and repost to tell you the complete rundown of what is in the basket.

How cool Beth! Ryan's school carnival was today and they had something very, very similar. I wanted to win the CM basket, but didn't. :( Glad you had better luck than I did. If there's anything in that basket you don't want, you can always send it down here to me! :D ;)

Your good luck prediction worked. Congratulations on winning!

Basket bingo is a very popular fund raiser in our area. You win Laugerburger (sp) baskets. The contents are donated by local businesses people. My LSS owner always fills a basket. When they announce the donors of the next basket there is usually applause, but when they announce hers the room brakes out in a standing ovation.

It is just too funny.

Congratulations, Beth! I can't believe you haven't torn it apart to see what's in there! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter