I wished there were a BOY-focused character meal...

theelfqueen

Mouseketeer
Just for fun -

As a mom with 3 boys... I've always wished that there were a character meal to appeal to boys, to balance out the may princess meals. Our boys always loved meals with Stitch..we did Ohana at the Poly and Surfs Up at PCH at DLR.

If you were to make your own... what would it be?

My first idea would be maybe an Out of the World breakfast with Buzz and Stitch.... and maybe Goofy in his FutureWorld getup!

What would be your idea?

I have 2 girls but i think some good themes for more boyish characters would be
-toy story(woody,buzz,jessie,green army man)
-peter pan(hook,smee,peter)
-phineas and ferb(pineas,ferb,perry)
-a bugs life
- the incredibles

I think a great boy meal would be Peter Pan, Captain Hook, & Captain Jack. You could even throw in Pirate Mickey to stick with the pirate theme. I've always thought they should have more boy character meals too besides just the fab five.

Or another idea I thought was princes or villains. I think both would be fun for the boys.

I just wish that the pirates weren't the only boy them available. I'm not really thrilled about my son wearing a skull and being a pirate. I wish the princes were a bit more....exciting...fleshed-out? He likes Jake and the Neverland pirates, but even that, there's a skull on the ship. But at least they are a "lighter" version of pirates.

I like the idea of Peter Pan.

A pirate themed meal would be great, especially if you paired it with the pirate adventure. Capt. Hook, Peter Pan, Pirate Mickey and maybe even Capt. Jack popping in.

While they have the Disney Princesses, why not do a meal featuring all the Princes in the movies? My DS loves to see the princes and pretends to be the hero of the story(well, he also likes to be Gaston LOL)

A Toy Story meal would be awesome! I don't know any child that wouldn't love that :)

I just wish that the pirates weren't the only boy them available. I'm not really thrilled about my son wearing a skull and being a pirate. I wish the princes were a bit more....exciting...fleshed-out? He likes Jake and the Neverland pirates, but even that, there's a skull on the ship. But at least they are a "lighter" version of pirates.

I like the idea of Peter Pan.

We were thinking the same thing!

Toy Story would be great! Although I know just as many girls who love it as I know guys. :P Having a Cars meal would be cool too, only if large cars had the ability to walk...eh, drive... around a crowded restaurant :lmao:

I seem to remember in 90s there was a lion king meal? Rafiki, timon. Come to mind. Maybe in Epcot?

Old Yeller - the boys would be required to shoot a deer and butcher it before they can eat :thumbsup2

Or maybe Monsters Inc :)

I only have one child, a daughter, but I completely agree with you! There are numerous Princess meals scattered throughout the World but nada nothing for the little guys. I can only hope that Disney is able to recognize

That said, developing a character meal for a male demographic would be a challenge. Cars is the only movie that I can think of that was geared towards them and those characters aren't exactly able to greet. I do have a couple of ideas though that I feel would be a huge hit.

1: Toy Story! It's such a classic movie and having dinner with the gang would be something that all would love.

2: Pixar. Do a mish-mosh of characters - Toy Story, The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc.

3: Pirates! This one would definitely be for the little gentlemen! They love pirates, "famous" or not. However, if Capt Jack was the main feature I think the ladies would be lining up! ;)

My boys would love a star wars themed character meal. Maybe they would eat their veggies if Darth Vader was staring down at them.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My boys would love a star wars themed character meal. Maybe they would eat their veggies if Darth Vader was staring down at them.

I think even the big Disney boys would love that. My dh would freak over a Star Wars character meal.

I have non-princess girls and agree!

Hollywood and Vine needs to change to Toy Story Meal - Buzz, Jessie and Woody.

Peter Pan meal at Ohana's with Hook/Smee for pirate pictures and then Wendy, Tink and Peter wandering for talking characters.

Some hero type breakfast meal at BOG where the Beast invites some guys over :) Hercules, Prince Eric, Tarzan, Aladdin, Flynn Ryder, etc...

Just for fun -

As a mom with 3 boys... I've always wished that there were a character meal to appeal to boys, to balance out the may princess meals. Our boys always loved meals with Stitch..we did Ohana at the Poly and Surfs Up at PCH at DLR.

If you were to make your own... what would it be?

My first idea would be maybe an Out of the World breakfast with Buzz and Stitch.... and maybe Goofy in his FutureWorld getup!

What would be your idea?

Yes I have always said this too, I have 2 boys and 1 girl. We have done all the character meals and they need a boy themed meal Peter Pan and those would be nice but don't really care.

My DS would LOVE a Star Wars themed character meal. He is a huge fan and this would be a great fit for him.

In addition to the great ideas mentioned, "Planes" is coming out soon. I know my DS would love a "Cars"/"Planes" meal. That would have to be a pretty big venue, though... ;)

I'm over pirates, and I don't even have a pirates-obsessed little boy. The "Toy Story" and "Star Wars" meals seem like no-brainers to me. Come onnn, Disney!

We're a family of girls here, but I agree that a Toy Story meal should be a no-brainer! Love the pirates idea and the Star Wars one too :)

We would love a Peter Pan/pirate-themed character meal. Peter is really the only character who has regular meet & greets in the parks. It would be a nice way to see Captain Hook, Smee, Captain Jack, etc. I also love the idea of a Pixar meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter