I wish the ships had live webcams

PizzieDuster

DIS Veteran
Just watched the Fantasy sail away.

I wish the ships had live webcams so I can watch the deck party then watch the ship sail away.

RCL, Princess, Carnival has them.

Just a thought. pixiedust:

But then again, I'd never get anything done. ;) I'd be watching chair hogs for days. :duck:

That's a great concept! I'm already addicted to the web Saturday and Sunday watching them sail away, much less be able to see the ship action 24/7!!!! That would defiantly help with the cruise blues

I wonder if having webcams on the ships would affect the internet speeds onboard? They are already pretty slow.

I'm not sure but Disney has historically liked their captive audience. As in, you have to pay for the park, movie, cruise ticket to see their experience. Having the cams would allow those 'outside the berm' to see in.

Not saying this is their reason, but...
The Internet thing sounds more likely.

Awesome idea. I would totally watch. I always turn on the channel that is the view from the bridge and watch that while we get ready in the am. Would be cool to watch that from home.

I remember they had a live stream of the Dream christening, that's the closest thing I've ever seen :thumbsup2

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if there are security cameras on the ships? Just out of curiosity.

I remember they had a live stream of the Dream christening, that's the closest thing I've ever seen :thumbsup2

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if there are security cameras on the ships? Just out of curiosity.

While I don't know for sure, I think there are.

Most ships have live bridge cams facing forward. DCL has none. :confused3

I wish DCL had a night vision bridge cam facing forward 10/26/12 pm on the Fantasy, to have evidence of the Force 11/12 we encountered. ;)

But I suppose this is exactly why the don't IMO. :lmao:

Some ships do have interior live cams. Although some are better than others.

Most ships have live bridge cams facing forward. DCL has none. :confused3

I wish DCL had a night vision bridge cam facing forward 10/26/12 pm on the Fantasy, to have evidence of the Force 11/12 we encountered. ;)

But I suppose this is exactly why the don't IMO. :lmao:

Some ships do have interior live cams. Although some are better than others.

I'm pretty sure I remember a channel on the TV having a bridge cam.

...Yeah, just checked our last cruise there's a "View from the bridge" channel.

Maybe the new ships don't? I know the Magic & Wonder did.

They all have the bridge cams. They aren't NV though so at night, it's usually just a black screen. They just aren't streamed anywhere besides the tv and might be recorded by DCL somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter