• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

Tony's Town Square...second worst meal we've had anywhere on the planet. It was disgusting. Coral Reef was pretty bad, too...everything loaded with salt, and my crab ravioli was definitely not made with anything resembling a real crab. Yucky!

A short list from me:

Sci-Fi Dine In
Pinocchio Haus
Electric Umbrella

Although Sci-Fi often tops lists of the best places to go, the food to me is horrendous and the service is sub par. Plus, the fact that the bathroom is shared with ABC Commissary means that it is always super crowded and dirty. That said, I like the overall idea and car seating, however, if you are a slow diner, be warned that the movie clip track is too short and will re-loop while you are still dining.

For me, CS options are the easiest to critique because they have the most room for error. I am always surprised that the organized chaos behind the registers actually gets food out (somewhat accurately) to the waiting patrons. Because of this, I am not hyper critical on CS except for Pinocchio Haus and Electric Umbrella. Both were dirty and the food was cold on more than one occasion

Chef Mickeys food was not bad but at dinner I felt the choices when we went were not all that good. My main gripe there was that Goofy totally passed my daughter who was clad in head to toe Goofy apparel. How he passed her is shocking.
Mama Melrose is a fav of our family sorry for the disappointed guests.

50's Prime Time. I get the theme of the restaurant it's just not for me. Harassment during dinner is not for me, even if it's good natured.

The last 2 times I ate at Casey's on Mainstreet I regretted it. It was like they didn't even cook the hotdogs and the bread was stale

This^ I really, really dislike Casey's. Never again. I know they get great reviews, and hey, maybe it was an off day. But for me, it isn't worth going back. It tasted cheap, cold, and undercooked somehow. Like bologna. And yes, I had the corndog nuggets.

On that list is also most QS at MK and HS, and Sci-Fi Dine In because after I ordered the Rueben I became sick. And Pepper Market at CSR, it was gross and there were bugs in TWO of my meals. I was done after that and had my fiancé take the bus to DTD to pick up Earl of Sandwich for dinner if we weren't eating out. Lol!

I LOVE Via Napoli though, and can't wait to try more restaurants next time we go!

Ohana, Biergarten, Chef Mickeys (dinner), Nine Dragons.
There are others where I have had both good and bad experiences, but I would give another try.
Looking at everyone's posts, this is definitely subjective.

I'm going with Hollywood and Vine. It's the only place we've eaten at that we swear we'll never go back to. We took our daughters there for lunch a few years back and while they enjoyed the characters, even they didn't care for the food.....everything was lukewarm at best and it wasn't all that clean. My youngest calls it "the place with the cold mac n cheese." Haha. I have heard of people enjoying it there, maybe it wS just an off day, but we won't take the risk!

Rainforest Cafe. I hate being screamed at while I try to eat an over priced meal that is not well executed! I had a roast beef dinner and for my beef I got the fat chunk from the end. Totally inedible. They did credit my meal but hubby got the pizza and no one liked it. Too noisy and the food is sub par. There is one in the Mall of America as well and it is the same story.

Instead of just picking our worst I will categorize:

Favorites: Le Cellier and CRT (overall the most enjoyable)

Great: Teppan Edo (DW favorite), The Wave, Boma, Hoop

Good: Liberty Tree, Whispering Canyon, Kona, 50's, Yachtsman, Capt Grill, Big River Grill, Garden Grill

Fair: Hollywood and Vine, Wolfgang Cafe, Crystal Palace

Horrible, never again: Narcoossee's (worst service), Grand Floridian Cafe, Sci-Fi, Yak-Yeti, 1900 Park Fair

Looking forward to trying on our next trip, California Grill, Ohana's and Be our Guest (CS)

Really? We gave up Coral Reef for a lousy character dining experience, but if Coral Reef was bad, I'm wondering if we made the right choice, lol.

I liked the Coral Reef.:)

If you get anything out of this thread, get that every restaurant is both liked and disliked. If a restaurant looks like it will appeal to you the only way to know is to try it.

I'd have to say the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Poly.

We went to it in 2006 with my (then future) in laws. I wasn't hungry when we got to the show and just wanted a nice cool drink and to relax and watch the show. I had more than one server bug me about ordering something other than something to drink and they all acted like I had four heads or an eating disorder when I said that I wasn't really hungry and that I was okay. While I appreciated that they were willing to have the chef make me something else, it got to a point where it made me feel really uncomfortable. My (then future) husband and I ended up leaving earlier than the rest of our party.

There are a few that we won't do again for a while, too..but may give them a another chance at some point.

Those are:

CRT..it was great in 2006, but disappointing in 2013. The crowd noise when we went in Sept 2013 drowned out all the announcements and the food was meh for what we paid.

Rainforest Café..the atmosphere was really neat but the servers yelling over it was not so neat. The food was huge portions and was generally okay.

I'd have to say the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Poly.

We went to it in 2006 with my (then future) in laws. I wasn't hungry when we got to the show and just wanted a nice cool drink and to relax and watch the show. I had more than one server bug me about ordering something other than something to drink and they all acted like I had four heads or an eating disorder when I said that I wasn't really hungry and that I was okay. While I appreciated that they were willing to have the chef make me something else, it got to a point where it made me feel really uncomfortable. My (then future) husband and I ended up leaving earlier than the rest of our party.

There are a few that we won't do again for a while, too..but may give them a another chance at some point.

Those are:

CRT..it was great in 2006, but disappointing in 2013. The crowd noise when we went in Sept 2013 drowned out all the announcements and the food was meh for what we paid.

Rainforest Café..the atmosphere was really neat but the servers yelling over it was not so neat. The food was huge portions and was generally okay.

I had forgotten about Spirit of Aloha. We did it on our honeymoon in 1988 and it was good. Did it again in 2010, bleck :(

I would never eat at Mama Melrose again. We dined there at the beginning of April 2014 with the Fantasmic package.

We waited over 1/2 hour to be seated, waiter was inattentive and defensive and they got all of our food orders wrong (including my son's with food allergies).

Very disappointing experience.

I may be in the minority, but Crystal Palace is on the list for us. Both times we have eaten there (2007 and 2012) we had to wait way past our ADR. This included the 2007 trip being just me and DW. It's is always cramped and the food is awful. We may give it one more chance for breakfast our next trip since the other times have been at dinner.

Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom! :furious: It was THE WORST dining experience I have ever had ANYWHERE!

The other would be Chefs de France.

Our never return to list:
1) Le Cellier (not worth the price, bland food)
2) Whispering Canyon (my daughter ordered fish and it was undercooked)
3) Garden Grill (awful food)
4) Hollywood and Vine (school cafeteria food is better)
5) Marrakesh (meh)

Victoria and Albert's Chef Table

It is absolutely FABULOUS. I've been there twice.

But the price has doubled and it is just too expensive now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter