I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

Ours is 50s PTC. Went on our first trip in 2009. The food was not great, but granted I'm from the south so frozen Mac and cheese and waxy cold green beans don't cut it for us. And, IMHO, I do not want to go somewhere and get picked on after a 90 degree day in the parks. I was tired and admittedly irritable, but our waitress took my MIL phone from her and took it to the kitchen because she took a call from family back home. Ehh. I know it's part of the theming but totally drove me bonkers.

After reading some of these reviews I'm totally rethinking a couple of ADRs for our trip this fall. :(

Pizza Planet-what a disappointment.

CRT-WOW! I spent how much on that meal? Bland food. Bad service.

Pollo Campero-Seriously the worst meal in Disney ever. We still joke about it.

Pizza planet - we are NEVER going back into that noisy, crowded pit of awful food. When my kids won't even eat the pizza, it HAS to be bad.

BoG- poor service, mediocre food and while every other restaurant we've encountered at disney will let kids have fries if they have them, BoG said no. .. adults could have fries, children could not. Left there -very angry- on my birthday. adults could have fries but kids have to eat whole wheat pasta.

Garden Grill- mediocre service, mediocre food, and motion sickness to boot.

Akershus - downright -rude- service, from check in to dessert. The food was not authentic and wasn't even good.

those are permanently off our list.

We're on our first trip to WDW right now. Yesterday while at the MK we decided to stop at Pecos Bill to get the fries (and add cheese sauce to them!). I took our 2 two-year olds to the table while DH got in the line. He was 2nd person at his register. All he ordered was fries and water. We waited probably 20-30 minutes for those fries. If you were there about 10:30am yesterday I was the one with a runner trying to get out the door who later poured out a cup of water :(

When DH finally got to the table he said it was so slow because they were screwing up everyone's order. They were bringing out entire trays of food that didn't belong to anyone. they brought out a taco salad without the meat (yes just a shell). He said people who ordered more items (including fries) got theirs before he got ours. It seemed to be very unorganized.

I wouldn't say I wouldn't go again b/c maybe they just had some new staff, but honestly, it was pretty bad.

Chef Mickeys. The character interaction was rushed and disorganized and the meal (b) was subpar. Our waitstaff seemed to disappear for most of the meal. Extremely limited choices and just not as good as the other buffets. Our family just has no desire to return.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Exactly!!! Seems like Chef Mickeys is mentioned a lot. And we avoid Garden Grill-food is bland.

I have seen Akershus mentioned a lot. We went about 5 years ago and loved it and are planning on it again. I hope it's still good as we remember it.

Garden Grill! I know a lot of people love it but not us. Food was bland, boring, barely passable. Service was terrible (only time we've had bad service).

Worst part was the characters got to our table just about the same time we were at the front of the restaurant--that whole spinning thing--so there's now a crowd of people standing at the entrance taking pictures, trying to get a glimpse of Chip & Dale, etc. Felt like we were on display.

Once and done for us...

The CS place in China at Epcot. Used to be yum 10 years ago but really bland the last time I ate there.

The only one I can say for sure is a never again is Electric Umbrella. The food was just terrible and the upstairs seating area was just kinda depressing. Before eating there we always referenced a meal we had at Sesame Place as the worst theme park food ever. After this meal DH and I said to each other, "that was worse than Sesame Place!":rotfl:

We've had a few TS experiences that I left initially saying "never again" but as time went by for whatever reason we decided to give them a second shot and the second time was better so my "never again" doesn't always last!

I've been viewing newest reviews as we are presently offered free DDP with Pkg vacation.

But, where is a "good" place to eat? :surfweb:

This would be our first WDW on Site vacation.

I've been viewing newest reviews as we are presently offered free DDP with Pkg vacation.

But, where is a "good" place to eat? :surfweb:

This would be our first WDW on Site vacation.

Well for us its Boma, its our absolute favorite, closely followed by California Grill and Artist Point......that of course is just us

Pizza planet - we are NEVER going back into that noisy, crowded pit of awful food. When my kids won't even eat the pizza, it HAS to be bad.

BoG- poor service, mediocre food and while every other restaurant we've encountered at disney will let kids have fries if they have them, BoG said no. .. adults could have fries, children could not. Left there -very angry- on my birthday. adults could have fries but kids have to eat whole wheat pasta.

Garden Grill- mediocre service, mediocre food, and motion sickness to boot.

Akershus - downright -rude- service, from check in to dessert. The food was not authentic and wasn't even good.

those are permanently off our list.

Did you go to BOG for lunch or dinner, no fries for the kids seriously. My kids would be okay with that most of the time, but I know a lot of kids that think fries are the only side that comes with a meal lol.

Casey's corner is my one place I don't go back( pizza planet will be on my list since alot of people give it horrible reviews)to me that is not a hotdog. I would rather have a good foot long hotdog in a normal foot long roll than in that big,grinder roll. I threw out most of the bread.

Chef Mickey don't care for the food and not worth the $
Crystal Palace - got food poisoning

I stay away from anything with tomato sauce at WDW. We live in the NYC area and way too many good restaurants to deal with sauce that taste like it came out of a jar
The exception is Tutto Italia as I find that authentic and very much like the food we had in Italy. Didn't like Tony's but DD had two appetizers and they were very good, she had the Mozzarella and tomatoes plus the cesar salad. The restaurant is too busy and always feels dirty to me as they don't have time to pick up all the dirt that falls on the floor.

This was our experience as well! We enjoyed Crystal Palace for breakfast last year but several years earlier we went for dinner and got food poisoning. Never again for dinner!

Mickey's Backyard BBQ. The characters never even got to our table. Everyone was screaming and yelling and it seemed like a crazy camp fiesta.

Wow, just read all 15 pages and information is very interesting. Here are the ones we probably won't do again:

Rose and Crown--sat outside on a scorching day. Asked to be moved inside after we sat and sweated through our clothes in the first 10 minutes. We were told there were no tables inside--but the place was literally half-empty. This was in early September. And the food was only ok.

Mama Melrose--took FOR EV ER to get seated. This was also in early September. The food was NOT good. Our travel party is always myself, my mother and my son. None of us finished our food. We went there for the F! package. Since then, we go to Hollywood and Vine for the F! package. Despite the reviews here, we really like H&V and go each time.

Coral Reef--I had wanted to try this place for YEARS and so did DS. My mother LOVES trout and it was on the menu so we were thrilled. This was mid-May. We didn't wait long to get seated, but our server was horrible. She chastised my son for ordering steak in a seafood place. We laughingly said that he just doesn't like seafood and orders steak anytime we are in a seafood place. She scoffed and said "well what are you doing HERE then?" WELL, in case you didn't NOTICE, there are TWO OTHER PEOPLE dining here and we ENJOY seafood!!! EXCEPT this time!!! When my mother's trout came out, it literally looked like the bait you would use to snag fish, not something you would eat. It was rubbery and only about 3 oz of fish. We asked for the manager. We waited and waited. I went up to the hostess stand and asked again for the manager, but there was no manager to be found. We went to guest relations at Epcot to tell them of our issues, since we got nowhere at Coral Reef, and they were less than sympathetic. We were told we should have taken it up right then and there. It wasn't worth the hassle anymore. We ALWAYS tease my mother about her fish bait meal and everytime I make ADR's, DS says "don't forget Coral Reef!! We KNOW grandma wants to go THERE!!"

That being said, we have favorites, as I'm sure everyone does. We LOVE CP, LTT, and 50's. We go to them each time. We have ADRs for Chef Mickey's for breakfast this time. We haven't been there in a very long time. I've seen all the really negative reviews here, and it may be a mistake, but we are going to keep the ADRs this time and just give it a try. Call me adventuresome!! ;)

Did you go to BOG for lunch or dinner, no fries for the kids seriously. My kids would be okay with that most of the time, but I know a lot of kids that think fries are the only side that comes with a meal lol.

it was dinner.
my son has autism and his diet is extremely limited. he refuses all meat, and most fruit and veggies. He does eat fries though ( although refuses mashed, texture issue I guess, he's non verbal). That's why it pissed me off so bad, he wouldn't eat their kid offerings and they -had- something he'd eat, and they -gave- it to adults at the table, but refused it to him.

ABC Commissary at DHS hands down is the one place I would NEVER EVER EVER eat again. Never in my life have I found inedible french fries- but neither my DH nor I could eat them here! Between that, his inedible burger, and my inedible fried fish, there was literally nothing we could eat AT ALL. Apparently there have been menu updates, but we won't be going back!

We also had a really bad experience at CRT. We were at WDW for our honeymoon and went to CRT for breakfast one morning as a special treat (neither of us had ever been). The waitress refused to give either of us the sword/wand (we wanted them for the memory!), and she also refused to take our picture even though she had plenty of free time and was just standing around doing nothing (the people at the table next to us ended up offering instead!). The one time she came over to us, she told us that she didn't know what we were doing there and that it really was a place for kids and she didn't understand why we would ever want to eat there! We had our reasons, but we didn't feel like we needed to justify them to our waitress! When I tried to get her to take my TiW card for the discount she dismissed it and told me it was a holiday and they didn't accept it. When I pointed out that it was July 6th (which is definitely not a holiday that I know of!) she proceeded to say that it was "close enough to July 4th". I tried to politely point out that it didn't say that on my TiW information, to which she said "well I say it" and walked away. Not exactly an ideal memory from our honeymoon! ;)

Uh oh...we are going for our honeymoon in December and was looking forward to CRT for breakfast(for something special/different). I'm so upset to hear about this rudeness! How long ago were you there?

For me: I don't dislike any of the places we have tried, as my fiancé and I are not very picky. We aren't foodies. I have not had poor service or cold food. I would say 50's Prime Time was probably our least favorite so far. Probably because the pot roast was kind of dry and they give you way too much food!

Uh oh...we are going for our honeymoon in December and was looking forward to CRT for breakfast(for something special/different). I'm so upset to hear about this rudeness! How long ago were you there?

For me: I don't dislike any of the places we have tried, as my fiancé and I are not very picky. We aren't foodies. I have not had poor service or cold food. I would say 50's Prime Time was probably our least favorite so far. Probably because the pot roast was kind of dry and they give you way too much food!

My experience at CRT was awesome , both the food and the service were excellent !! We ate supper there for my DGDs 16th birthday !!! If it weren't a 2 TS I would be a regular!!!

The only place I would never go back to at WDW is Marrakesh. The food was very bland and did not have the flavors of Morocco at all. I got the veggie couscous and it had only about 5-6 chickpeas and just a few veggies over the couscous. I thought about getting the mint and fruit dessert but seeing that it was just bright green mint ice cream and looked like the type in every supermarket with plain apples and other basic fruit I made a wise decision that it was not worth it. We should have known when we did not have a reservation and got in immediately during busy season and prime dinner time.

The counter service at the Moroccan pavilion is so much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter