i will be glad when this month is over

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
i'm almost overwhelmed.:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

with all the payments we have for disney cruise, disney vacation, annual dues for dvc, adr's for our wdw and booking for dvc stuff.

i know we're going to have fun and i'm totally looking forward to the cruise but all this is killing me right now.

I'll probably get flamed, but I can see that. We looked at DVC, and found that the cash outlay was far more than we spend on vacations each year even considering the discounts, etc DVC offers. Since vacations are to relax, I just can't see stressing to pay for vacations.
Consumer Reports rated DVC among the best among time-shares, but noted, in this Price-Line, Hotels dot com, Dreams Unlimited world, you can probably do better financially online than with a time-share membership.

Well, at least you can afford to go and the recession hasn't hit you.

Have a great first cruise!

I'll probably get flamed, but I can see that. We looked at DVC, and found that the cash outlay was far more than we spend on vacations each year even considering the discounts, etc DVC offers. Since vacations are to relax, I just can't see stressing to pay for vacations.
Consumer Reports rated DVC among the best among time-shares, but noted, in this Price-Line, Hotels dot com, Dreams Unlimited world, you can probably do better financially online than with a time-share membership.

Totally agree with you...I have never liked time shares

Rob

thanks guys but this isn't a timeshare complaint

just needed to vent a little

there is nothing wrong with our dvc nor are we in over our head just a lot to do in a short period of time

thats all

thanks guys but this isn't a timeshare complaint

just needed to vent a little

there is nothing wrong with our dvc nor are we in over our head just a lot to do in a short period of time

thats all
I feel your pain but with other issues. Why does everything crop up all at once? :confused3

Just keep thinking about the cruise!!! :cloud9:

We got Final Cruise Payment and Property Tax Payments all in the same month... at least I can stretch the cruise payment 6 months because of the Disney Visa and get a couple of "adult drinks" on the ship in return.
What do I get for the property taxes? very little :lmao:

Our good friend who is also our realtor told us that if we ever bought a time share he'd disown us :lmao: Although I have to say that DVC looks appealing and I know that for a lot of folks it is a great way to go. Maybe someday when I become rich and famous.

ya - that's what i'm talking about - we decided last minute to do the cruise instead of extending our wdw so we have to pay the balance of the cruise before we get the refund for the wdw.

so it's like a double hit.

Our good friend who is also our realtor told us that if we ever bought a time share he'd disown us :lmao: Although I have to say that DVC looks appealing and I know that for a lot of folks it is a great way to go. Maybe someday when I become rich and famous.
Likely because they'd lose out on their commission, LOL. In many ways one can compare timeshares to cruises and especially DCL to DVC. I'm the first to say that a lot of people own timeshares, esp DVC, that really have no business owning. Same could be said for cruising. It is interesting that people will pay 30-50% or more higher to go on DCL (I have too) than they could to go on a very comparable cruise otherwise. Some people do the same for DVC in many ways. One difference is that cruises go on the same water to the same places but DVC is on property where other timeshares are not with one quasi exception of Bonnet Creek. DVC is a much better deal financially and otherwise for many, even at retail prices, than paying for on property (often even with discounts ). If any group can see the allure of DVC, it should be those willing to pay a lot more for Disney because it's Disney. The difference is that many, though not all, DVC owners either save money OR get a lot better accommodations for around the same money compared to other on property options. Off property is certainly even cheaper but that's another thread.

For most retail timeshare purchases I'd agree with your friend. For those that do their research and get appropriate buy in prices, timeshare can be the best deal going for many people. For example, we were in HI last Jan for 15 nights with first class tickets on FF miles and timeshare accommodations and our total costs for 2 including all expenses (even indirect timeshare costs) was under $2500 and we stayed in great 1 BR units in perfect locations (Beachwalk development Waikiki and Kaanapali Beachfront). We're seen that scenario repeated for HI in 2002, Puerto Vallarta in 2003, HI in 2007 (Daughters Honeymoon) and Aruba this past month. This past June we had nine 2 BR units in Gatlinburg using our timeshares and had 35 people, all accommodations at our expense, priceless.

I am ready for this month to be over also. I leave in 26 days!!! Plus my family has been hit by a bad stomach virus.....so....we need to get away.
We lost the whole last week with the virus. Both my parents (71), my youngest dd, husband & I were out of commission all week. Only one dd escaped the misery.......hoping she still doesn't come down with it.

We need a vacation!!!~!

i'm almost overwhelmed.:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

with all the payments we have for disney cruise, disney vacation, annual dues for dvc, adr's for our wdw and booking for dvc stuff.

i know we're going to have fun and i'm totally looking forward to the cruise but all this is killing me right now.

Its a hard life:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter