I was unexpectedly surprised with dinner at ___________.

twe1vestone2

Mouseketeer
So like the Title says! Share an experience w/ me that you thought might potentially stink, dining there wasn't your idea, you remembered bad reviews, etc and you wound up coming out of it thinking WOW!

I tried searching for a thread like this but I couldn't find one. Go!!! :thumbsup2

So like the Title says! Share an experience w/ me that you thought might potentially stink, dining there wasn't your idea, you remembered bad reviews, etc and you wound up coming out of it thinking WOW!

I tried searching for a thread like this but I couldn't find one. Go!!! :thumbsup2
We had an adr for Sanaa which I was really looking forward to. We left the parks in the afternoon for some pool time at POR.

When it was time to get ready, DH and DS's didn't want to leave. Everyone was tired from running around.

The boys wanted the food court. I wasn't going to eat dinner there. We decided to split up. The boys had dinner at the food court and then went to the arcade and we went to Boatwrights.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, but it was great! My prime rib was delicious and my husband loved his dinner as well. Overall a fantastic meal!

I still want to go to Sanaa, though!

Breakfast at WCC. I had read mixed reviews on here but I really wanted to try it. We loved it!

Kouzzina for dinner. I had also read really mixed reviews on here and even after looking at the menu I wasn't sure about what to do. I loved it and even my son has said that we must eat there again this year. It takes so much to get that out of him. He would much rather skip ANY TS meal and eat a turkey leg.

Breakfast at WCC. I had read mixed reviews on here but I really wanted to try it. We loved it!

Kouzzina for dinner. I had also read really mixed reviews on here and even after looking at the menu I wasn't sure about what to do. I loved it and even my son has said that we must eat there again this year. It takes so much to get that out of him. He would much rather skip ANY TS meal and eat a turkey leg.

Hahaha he just wants to get back to the parks! Can't blame him! ;)

Dinner at Kouzzina was also one of my unexpected surprises, the wife wanted to go but I was a little bitter about never trying Spoodles and then missing my opportunity lol. Just goes to show you, if you wanna try something, try it NOW! You never know when it'll be gone! :littleangel:

BY THE WAY:

I know I wrote dinner in the title, but you could equate this to any meal, and any snack at that rate!

Boatwright's. Never heard much about it, but we were staying at POR and decided to give it a try and very happy we did!

My parents went specifically for a squash soup they are famous for only to find out it was not a day that the soup was being served.

My mother mentioned her dismay to her server, and low and behold, he showed up with a bowl just for her. We have to attempt to make it every year for Thanksgiving now. It has been an interesting journey.

My parents went specifically for a squash soup they are famous for only to find out it was not a day that the soup was being served.

My mother mentioned her dismay to her server, and low and behold, he showed up with a bowl just for her. We have to attempt to make it every year for Thanksgiving now. It has been an interesting journey.

That's awesome. People always ask me WHY go to Disney 2-3x a year?? Don't you get bored/sick of seeing the same things over and over?? That, sschmidt, is a perfect example of the kind of care and service you RARELY see anywhere else! And its always one of my #1 reasons for constantly going back!

I had a similar experience. On one of my visits, I was feeling a little sickly, and at the same time craving the Jack/Bailey's Mousse from Coral Reef. My wife took a stroll over to Coral Reef and asked if they would sell her just the dessert, and after explaining the situation about why she didn't wanna sit down, he gave her the mousse along with a "get well" dessert on the house! Just blew me away! Totally amazing! :goodvibes :teeth:

Biergarten!:thumbsup2 It was my DH's pick during our very first trip together. I am a bit picky & I wasn't expecting to eat anything & planning to just have a snack somewhere later. Well, the food and beer were so good, I ended up waddling out of there! Loved the servers, theming, & band as well. I had so much fun, Biergarten is now my must-do for every trip!

That's awesome. People always ask me WHY go to Disney 2-3x a year?? Don't you get bored/sick of seeing the same things over and over?? That, sschmidt, is a perfect example of the kind of care and service you RARELY see anywhere else! And its always one of my #1 reasons for constantly going back!

I had a similar experience. On one of my visits, I was feeling a little sickly, and at the same time craving the Jack/Bailey's Mousse from Coral Reef. My wife took a stroll over to Coral Reef and asked if they would sell her just the dessert, and after explaining the situation about why she didn't wanna sit down, he gave her the mousse along with a "get well" dessert on the house! Just blew me away! Totally amazing! :goodvibes :teeth:

Exactly - you will experience things that you would never expect. The whole experience stays with you forever.

Capt'n Jacks in DTD Marketplace...we were shopping, hot tired and hungy and said why not? We went for lunch and surprisingly enjoyed the food and service. It was very good.

Chef Mickeys for dinner..had gone ther for breakfast (breakfast buffets are usually the safest). DS loves this restaurant and we couldn't get breakfast ADRS so had to do dinner...I heard bad things about dinner and was expecting it to not be good, but told myself we're doing it for DS and sureprisingly enough it wasn't bad. It's not the best food at Disney, but there was a nice enough selection of food and we went away satisfied...and actually thought it was much better than the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare.

Was pleasantly surprised with the Plaza, it's not much more than a counter service so can be a nice break without having to search out seats and carry your trays to the table.

Was unpleasantly surprised with Mama Melrose, will never return there.

Last trip we had Kouzzina booked for our first night. Wasn't sure what to expect, with all of the mixed reviews. It was fantastic!! We ate at many signatures that trip, Kouzzina ranked right at the top among our favorites. It's a must do for the next trip.

Boatwright's. Dinner there so far exceeded my expectations that we made it a point to return on our next vacation. Even knowing what we were getting in to the second time, the restaurant still came up trumps.

Was pleasantly surprised with the Plaza, it's not much more than a counter service so can be a nice break without having to search out seats and carry your trays to the table.

Was unpleasantly surprised with Mama Melrose, will never return there.

What was wrong with Mama Melrose? I've always wanted to go but never had a chance to!

And Am, I dunno if u saw my post earlier but I, too, was pleasantly surprised with Kouzzina!

We only booked the dinner at Biergarten because DH is a huge fan of German food and I thought he might enjoy the entertainment. First off, the chef really went out of his way concerning the food allergies we were dealing with so I was super impressed there, but I honestly didn't think I'd find food I would enjoy and I did! It was one of the better meals we have had at Disney and there was plenty for all of us to choose from.

We liked it enough we will be going back this trip as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter