I was tossed between Quick Service Dining Plan or Regular

StrwLady

DIS Veteran
This trip will be just me and my son so I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Quick Service or the Regular Dining Plan.

I started running the numbers. For 9 night trip the regular plan is approximately $300 more than the quick service plan. One problem I face with the regular dining plan is finding restaurants that my son will eat off the adult menu. He's 14 and although he is getting more adventurous in his choices he still is a pizza and hot dog kind of kid :) So I went to the menus and picked the places we wouldn't want to miss. Ran to cost of what we would eat when not on the dining plan. Most places we would not get dessert. I picked what TSs we wanted and then crunched the numbers. By my calculations CM breakfast, Biergarten Lunch, Tutto Italia Dinner and LTT lunch would run us about $225. I could even add one more TS and stay at the $300 extra the regular plan would cost.

I decided this is the better way for us to go. First off I felt much more free in our planning. We will have a much more flexibility in our days not having to worry about making an ADR each day. I don't have to worry about how will I use all of our TS credits with the kid not eating off the adult menu all the time.

I know this will be a lot of food. I imagine we will end up not using all of our snack credits but this isn't a problem. It is fun to come home with Disney snacks. So on our last day I will use any snack credits left buying snacks from the gift shop.

The way I figure it you're planning on 4 ADR's for a total of $225, only saving you $75 by not upgrading. Since TS credits can be used for CT if you just plan 1 more TS the Regular plan is now paid for. That gives you the option of 4 more TS if you you decide you want them!

I know some people have good luck with just walking up and asking at the podium (my friend got into CRT that way) so you could always try that, if you walk up and don't get in just do a CT.

Have fun whatever you decide!

FYI, many of the TS locations have what they call "Junior Meals". They are larger servings of their kid's meals. We found this out the year my DD12 turned 10 and still wanted to get kid's meals at some locations, for example, the kid's Mickey Ravioli at Kona.

She ordered the kid's one our first night and I paid OOP so as not to waste an adult TS credit. Then a few days later we heard about the junior meals at 50's PTC. When we returned to Kona she had the junior sized ravioli.

Here's the photos showing the difference in serving size.

102_3494.jpg

Junior version with about 12 or so raviolis

102_3091.jpg

Kid's meal. Maybe 4-5 raviolis

The Junior meals aren't on the menus, ask your server.

Happy Dining!

I agree that Quick Service will give you more flexibility, and you won't be as pressed for time. Also, there's lots of choices on the QS. :thumbsup2

FYI, many of the TS locations have what they call "Junior Meals". They are larger servings of their kid's meals. We found this out the year my DD12 turned 10 and still wanted to get kid's meals at some locations, for example, the kid's Mickey Ravioli at Kona.

Thanks for the info. Like I said some places my son would order the kids meal and at one time he was happy with it. Now he looks at it like "where's the food?" Yes hes only 14 but hes 5"11', large framed and 200lbs :) I will surely ask about Junior means :)

I agree that Quick Service will give you more flexibility, and you won't be as pressed for time. Also, there's lots of choices on the QS. :thumbsup2

I was much easier doing my ADR's only doing 4 for a 9 day trip. Now I am starting to think of a few other places but if I do I will probably just try to get a table at off peek time.

It is nice that QS has such a variety now. I remember back in the early 2000's it seems most QS places were mainly fast food type. It's nice that there are more light or healthy options too.

Euphemy What does TS and CT and CRT stand for? I need to learn these abbreviations...

TS = Table Service
CS or QS = Counter Service/Quick Service
CRT = Cinderella's Royal Table

There is a link to the Sticky thread that will help you with all the abbreviations! It will help a bunch when attempting to figure out what everyone is saying!! It is in the Welcome to the Dis section from the Main Board... I cannot post a link to it yet, cause I don't have enough posts, maybe someone can help me out.

TS = Table Service
CS or QS = Counter Service/Quick Service
CRT = Cinderella's Royal Table

There is a link to the Sticky thread that will help you with all the abbreviations! It will help a bunch when attempting to figure out what everyone is saying!! It is in the Welcome to the Dis section from the Main Board... I cannot post a link to it yet, cause I don't have enough posts, maybe someone can help me out.

Thank you! I'll look this up and bookmark it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter