I WAS so excited about WDW, now I'm not...

You never know. One day in the parks and they could be hooked. I was really disappointed in our March trip this year. It was a last minute thing. SIL wanted company so MIL said she'd take the kids for the week if we would accompany her (she was 20). I had high hopes of exploring Epcot since I wasn't able to very well last year with my two two-year olds and my other SIL. I also had hoped that DH would get the magic by going on the rides that were the kdis' favorites last Sept so he could tell them about them ("you were right baout that Buzz ride, it was awesome" type thing). Nope, him and SIL decided the first day (that I had planned on Epcot and everyone else agreed as it was a non-busy day) while we were standing in line for Test Track that after Mission Space tehy wanted to go to the "big rides" at MGM. So much for my exploring the countries. Well, we ended up back at epcot for a couple of evening hours and then headed to MK as it was open late. You shoudl have seen my 20 year old SIL catch the magic when I pointed out Pooh at Epcot. I then told her abou tmeeting the characters at MK and she was hooked!!! That girl was flying high as a kite that she was able ot meet Cinderella!! She still tells my girls about it! So, moral of th estory, don't count it out yuntil you are there. DH even got into the magic of it!!!

I am a compulsive vacation planner - I have been planing our next trip to Orlando since February and have changed everything around a couple of times (including the week of cruising). It drives my family crazy but once we get there DH is very happy that I read everything possible to get everything so organized. He swears that I am happier planning everything than the actual trip - anyway - #1 I just cancelled Discovery Cove for four Thanksgiving day - yes it is a bit pricey but I think it sounds wonderful. The reason I cancelled was because DS's were upset to miss Universal Studios - so now we are spending a few days at Royal Pacific before we cruise. We have done Disney once with my mother - my boys were 5 and 3 at the time. I would do it anytime - we had such a great time. I would also love my in laws to come with us - but DFIL would hate every minute of it. Now some other people in my family - no can do. We are trying to talk my youngest sister into getting married at Disney - if she did I don't see us going thru the parks as a group. Families - gotta love em............

I'm surprised that so many extended families seem to WANT to tour the parks as a group. I think that after the 2nd day we'd all want to kill each other. Our extended family of 13 is going in Nov. and we are not touring together. We're getting together to eat and my DH and I will probably spend some time with our little neices and nephew to see their first Disney experiences. My teens would have my hide if I insisted that they tour with the whole family - with DH and I yes, but everyone, No.

I think if you have to go with a group you need to make sure that you don't compromise your fun for someone else grouchiness. Do what you want on your own(they most likely will not mind if you do)! One morning while at WDW my family wanted to sleep in until 10-11am and I didn't. So I got up early and hit AK before opening. I had a great time by myself and then we all met up for lunch around 11:30 am. It was exciting to tell them what fun I had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter