I was never prejudiced until today, I hate all WHITE...

Ahh, its that time of year. Tis the season! :)

I let DH have his way this year.....the white lights I like went up in the attic, and our house looks like Clark Griswold himself decorated the place. :rolleyes: Its colorful, I'll say that! :eek:

disney4us2002 said:
Surely Charlie is playing with us. The HOA isn't really coming after him, I hope!

Actually, when we were in San Angelo, we knew a couple who kept getting nasty grams because they were the ONLY ones in their subdivision with colored lights!! The one nasty gram said that his "decorating choices were going against the integrity of the community" or some such nonsense!!! :rolleyes: I'm glad out HOA is so low key. I couldn't imagine being told how to decorate my house.

this story is so old that by now the HOA doesn't vcare what color lights charlie uses...

We change every few years. A few years ago we had all colored lights outside and in. Then we went to white lights outside and colored on the tree. Last year we did all white. We bought a fake tree with the lights already on and they're white plus we have all white lights outside. I like it for now, but I'm sure in a few years I'll be bored of it and we'll go back to colored for a while.

(suddenly scared to admit it)
I only have white lights on my tree and house. Even my animated deer family has white lights. I just don't like colored ones. I (cringing) even have the aforementioned white lights hanging on a string. They look real pretty reflecting off the real ice hanging down from our house and they match the snow on the ground. No lynching me...ok?

what drives me crazy are those neighbors who leave the white icicle lights out ALL YEAR LONG and then just turn them on for the "season" - how lazy can you be? we are a colored light household and love them. For outside, this year I bought those "line" ropes of color lights - so easy to put up, take down and store and they look great and colorful at night. TAKE YOUR LIGHTS DOWN BY END OF JANUARY PEOPLE!!!!!

Solid red and only C9's. I am purist.
Sick of all white too and can't stand the fake icicles either.
We are the only ones in our subdivision w/ red.

this story is so old that by now the HOA doesn't vcare what color lights charlie uses...

How do you know if you've only been registered since Nov.?? :confused:

I like the classics that are brought back to life each season..... and there are plenty of new DISers who have never heard these stories.

We have both. We went a few years with just white lights on the tree, but now we have a mix.
The problem with getting red or orange bulbs for the candles is that they look even less realistic than the white. Our neighbor's only exterior decorations are window candles that have red bulbs. We call their house the demon house! Last year my DS asked if they knew that Halloween was over.

WOO HOO!!!!! I agree completely. White light haters UNITE! My dh and I are the same way. First let me clear something up: We're not completely against white lights; every so often a tastefully done house in all-white can look nice. What we are against is the fact that sooooooooo many people use white and it looks so BORING! There is one neighborhood nearby where all they use are the white icecicle lights; not any other color or style anywhere nearby...they all look identical, like little clones of each other. Can't those people see how uniform and boring it looks? I know, I know, to each his own, everyone likes different things, but c'mon...how about a little more individuality here?

Good luck with the problem you are having with the HOA, that is completely ridiculous...man, I'm going to read your post to my dh today and just I know he will go ballistic in regards to your neighbors complaining...I can just hear him now! Knowing him, in response to the complaints he would probably put up 10x as many colored lights just to spite them and would not take them down even if he was ordered to by the HOA!

Laura :wave:

Outside, we have red,white, & green on the bushes, and a 9 ft. tall blow-up Mickey. Inside, we have white & green on one tree (in honor/memory of my late in-laws, who were very Irish!), and all white on the other tree. The all-white tree is a fake one that had the pre-done lights. The green & white tree is a real one that we put lights on.

We have both. I don't mind the white lites so much, but my wife loathes them. In fact, the other day she sounded almost word for word like your rant, er, discussion of the issue.

Ahhh, I think I love you charlieNJ:) I'm also sick to death of the mind-numbingly dull all white lights. They're so boring in their conformist 'tastefullness'. And there's something about defying the Nazi-HOA that appeals to the romantic individualist in me. I only wish I had an HOA to fight against:)

I didn't do much decorating this year as we're a bit short on cash (and time) after our vacation, but when I do my annual day after Christmas shopping I'm going to pick up as many strings of clearanced colored lights as I can carry and string them around the porch next Thanksgiving.

My neighbors all have colored lights. I have white. I'm the non-conformist. I can't fathom why anyone would care what color of lights someone else had on their house, and that goes for colored or white.

I admit. I'm a white light lover. :earboy2: I have nothing against other people's colored lights, I just don't like them for myself.

But I gotta ask about "colored icicles." I have yet to see these. :confused3 They don't quite make sense to me. They're supposed to look like icicles! It took me a long time to get on board the icicle thing to BEGIN with, but now that I am and I smile when I see them, what do COLORED icicles have to do with anything?!

The idea is strange to me. :) But, to each his and her own. :rolleyes1 I'll be interested to see when colored icicles hit my neighborhood... we must be behind! Right now, the hit around here are the lighted candy canes...

Julia

JuliaEeyore said:
I admit. I'm a white light lover. :earboy2: I have nothing against other people's colored lights, I just don't like them for myself.

But I gotta ask about "colored icicles." I have yet to see these. :confused3 They don't quite make sense to me. They're supposed to look like icicles! It took me a long time to get on board the icicle thing to BEGIN with, but now that I am and I smile when I see them, what do COLORED icicles have to do with anything?!

The idea is strange to me. :) But, to each his and her own. :rolleyes1 I'll be interested to see when colored icicles hit my neighborhood... we must be behind! Right now, the hit around here are the lighted candy canes...

Julia

I didn't even know that colored icicles existed! I admit that is kind of strange. My mom has a bunch of the white icicles that she usually puts up but I think she's getting bored with them because she didn't put them up this year. I wonder if I can talk her into buying colored lights with me for next year... :3dglasses

We have the big bulb old fashioned kind too, love them! But I also like white lights too.

Count me as a member of the "I hate white Christmas lights," too! Boring, boring, boring. I love my large multi-colored lights for outside! We have small multi-coloreds inside. So much more cheerful and festive!

I have only colorful ones....red, yellow, blue, white, green. They're all important in my yard and on my tree!! Oh that's right, I don't have any on the tree because Kitten ate thru the cord. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter