• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was just told that the Brown Derby will under rehab for Sept 1-30

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
I tried to book a PS when for Sept when the note came up in the system. Just wanted to let everyone know.

They are booking Fantasmic with Mama Melrose and HWV

Wow, I forgot about this with all the other stuff going arouind. Thanks for reminding us! This certainly effects the Fantamic! Dinner Package. I wonder if they'll subsititue Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time?

I JUST BOOKED THE FANTASMIC PACKAGE FOR THE BROWN DERBY ON JULY 21 AND NOW THEY'RE CLOSING FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER. NEEDLESS TO SAY I'M UPSET. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WERE TAKING RESERVATIONS A WEEK AND A HALF AGO FOR THE BROWN DERBY AND OUT OF THE BLUE THEY DECIDE TO CLOSE DOWN IN SEPTEMBER. I GUESS WHAT I'M MOST UPSET ABOUT IS THE FACT THAT I WAS NEVER CONTACTED ABOUT THIS AND IF I DIDN'T READ THESE THREADS, I MIGHT NOT OF KNOW ABOUT THIS. NOW I HAVE TO DECIDE ON SOMEWHERE ELSE TO EAT AT THE MGM AND WHO KNOWS IF I'LL BE ABLE TO GET A RESERVATION FOR THE SAME TIME AND ON THE SAME DAY. PLUS, I'M NOT TOO KEEN ON THE REMAINING RESTAURANTS. :mad:

You may want to call and confirm your PS. We called and checked and the CM said they are not going down for rehab. They are just not offering the Fantasmic Package....We will probably call again just to double check......

I DID CALL YESTERDAY AND THEY TOLD ME TO SELECT ANOTHER RESTAURANT, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO PICK, SO I SAID I'D CALL BACK LATER. I'LL CALL THEM BACK SOME TIME TODAY AND TRY TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.

WELL, I JUST CALLED PRIORITY SEATING AND I HAD THE CASTMATE CHECK OUR RESERVATION NUMBER. HE CONFIRMED THE DATE AND TIME FOR THE BROWN DERBY AND SAID IT WAS FINE. I ASKED HIM IF THE RESTAURANT WAS CLOSING IN SEPTEMBER BECAUSE OF REFURBISHING AND HE SAID NO. I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS SURE BECAUSE ANOTHER CASTMATE SAID IT WAS BEING CLOSED WHEN I CALLED YESTERDAY AND WANTED ME TO CHANGE TO ANOTHER RESTAURANT, BUT BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT RESTAURANT TO PICK, I SAID I'D CALL BACK LATER. HE PUT ME ON HOLD AND ASKED HIS SUPERVISOR AND THE SUPERVISOR ALSO SAID NO IT WON'T BE CLOSED IN SEPTEMBER. SO I HOPE THIS IS THE CORRECT STORY. AT LEAST I'M HOPING THIS IS THE CORRECT STORY. I'M NOT GOING TO WORRY ABOUT IT ANY MORE. HE ALSO SAID IF IT WERE TRUE, THAT THEY WOULD OF CONTACTED EVERYONE THAT HAD RESERVATIONS AND INFORMED THEM. SO AS OF TODAY, OUR PRIORITY SEATING FOR THE BROWN DERBY IN SEPTEMBER IS A GO AND I'M A HAPPY CAMPER!:p

I also called yesterday for ressies for the week of 9/20-9/27 and was told that they the Brown Derby was closed for PS. The CM I spoke to did not know any specifics (and said this was the first time she tried to book a ressie for the Brown Derby and couldn't for this reason.) It was clear from her that the restaurant was NOT open to take PS ressies (with or without Fantasmic!) during this time period. Perhaps they are unsure of the exact dates but it seems that sometime in September they will certainly be closed.

I'D TRY CALLING BACK TODAY FOR ANOTHER TRY AT GETTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE BROWN DERBY. SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

I just made a ressie for Sept 23 Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg. I called last week and was told it was not available for the month of Sept because they would be doing work on it. I hope this reservation is not an error but I did get a confirmation number.

I just called today for the Fantasmic Package for Sept 21st. I told the CM that there had been some "rumors" that the Brown Derby would be closed for Rehab, but she did not have anything in her system for my date. I booked my PS and got a confirmation #.
So I would suggest anyone that called before and could not get a PS to try again

I called yesterday (8/11) and made my PS for 10/2 at 5:00 (Not Fantasmic package). Nothing was mentioned to me about being closed.

I just called WDW dine and made a PS for 090203, No problem,

Just wanted to let you guys know they are still showing they are open!

:wave:

I just talked to a CM a few minutes ago to double check my ressie for 9/21. She said the Brown Derby is closed for rehab 9/14-9/20 and that there is no problem with my plans for 9/21.

I also got the 9/14-9/20 dates for Brown Derby being closed.

P.S. JANIE G - Please stop using all caps, it is considered yelling when you use all caps online.

YES, I AM ONE MIGHT ANGRY HAPPY CAMPER! WHEN I'VE CALLED PRIORITY SEATING NUMEROUS TIMES AND GIVEN A DIFFERENT STORY EVERY TIME AND I JUST CALLED AGAIN AND WAS JUST TOLD BY PRIORITY SEATING THAT THE BROWN DERBY IS CLOSED THE WEEK OF SEPT. 14-20. I ASKED IF I SHOULD SELECT ANOTHER RESTAURANT AND THE CAST MATE SAID NO. SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE ABOUT READY TO CALL EVERYONE THAT HAS A RESERVATION FOR THAT WEEK AND THEY WILL BE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL TO ACCOMODATE US. I ASKED HER WHAT AND SHE SAID SHE COULDN'T SAY, BUT THEY WOULD BE IN TOUCH VERY SOON. I ONCE AGAIN SAID "SHOULD I SELECT ANOTHER RESTAURANT JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE AND SHE ASSURED ME "NO". SO NOW I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S UP. I GUESS IT'S A WAITING GAME TILL THEY CALL AND SPILL THE BEANS.

P.S - SHANEV - I'M SO VERY SORRY IF I MADE YOU CRY BY USING CAPS.

P.S - SHANEV - I'M SO VERY SORRY IF I MADE YOU CRY BY USING CAPS.

I think that is totally uncalled for.You know you dont have to be rude about it.

I just know ALOT of people dont like the all caps, its very annoying to read, and like I said it is considered yelling online. Im not sure why you would yell at us over your concern with a disney PS. We have no control.

I understand that people might be upset about their PS's being messed around but let's keep it in perspective - this is one meal within what should be a wonderful trip to WDW...so really it's just a little bump in the road - not the end of it :)

Now, for the record, writing in caps <i>is</i> considered bad netiquette, though ultimately I really don't think it's something to fall out over. I'd appreciate it if people kept this in mind before posting further on that particular subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter