I was just blown away by Nick Jonas

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
OK, I never thought I'd utter that phrase. I'm watching the Les Mis 25th Anniversary Concert from London's O2 Arena. Nick Jonas is playing Marius. I had no idea he was in this, and he's very, very good. He really threw himself into the role. Impressive.

I'm watching this right along with you! I checked out the reviews for this show over on Amazon and people are really critical of him. I think he did a fine job.

I heard about this awhile ago and was skeptical about any Jonas brother playing any part in Les Mis - let alone Marius. I had no idea when it was being aired and I missed it! Does anyone know if/when they're showing it again? I'd love to watch - that's not an easy part, but I'm willing to go in with an open mind. (Though I don't think anyone can beat Michael Ball in my mind!)

I think it really helped me that I had no idea that Nick Jonas was in this show. He appeared on stage and my DD13 kept saying "that really looks like Nick Jonas." We finally looked it up, and sure enough, yup it was. So I had a totally open mind, and thought he did a good job.

OK, he could have held some notes longer, but, hey, he sounded really good. Plus, he looked like he was totally into the part. I was impressed.

I watched bits and pieces while doing other things, but DH watched it and he was surprised at Nick's performance. I think of the three brothers he is the most talented - didn't he do a jazz cd as well?

I was so surprised by it I actually looked him up on Wiki. According to the interwebs, he actually made his start on Broadway, including playing Gavroche at one point. The whole Jonas Brothers things came later. Who knew?

I thought he held his own. It was an impressive show, though I think I prefer the 10th anniversary version still.

I watched that last night and I was very scared that he wouldn't have the chops to do it, but he did a good job.

I agree that he could have held some of the big notes longer. The way he cut sometimes made it seem a bit choppy, but overall, I was impressed.

But of course, every time I hear some of the songs from Les Miz, I cry like a little baby.

I heard about this awhile ago and was skeptical about any Jonas brother playing any part in Les Mis - let alone Marius. I had no idea when it was being aired and I missed it! Does anyone know if/when they're showing it again? I'd love to watch - that's not an easy part, but I'm willing to go in with an open mind. (Though I don't think anyone can beat Michael Ball in my mind!)

In the initial press release about the concert - PBS said a DVD or Blu-ray version of the show would be released at a later date.

OK, I never thought I'd utter that phrase. I'm watching the Les Mis 25th Anniversary Concert from London's O2 Arena. Nick Jonas is playing Marius. I had no idea he was in this, and he's very, very good. He really threw himself into the role. Impressive.

Sir David,
"Blown away?" Really? :)

He was ok - but nowhere near as good as the Marius in the 15th anniversary concert at Royal Albert Hall. Best thing about this cast: Lea Salonga as Fantine.

- D

You're right! Wasn't that Michael Ball that was singing during the encore?

I watched bits and pieces while doing other things, but DH watched it and he was surprised at Nick's performance. I think of the three brothers he is the most talented - didn't he do a jazz cd as well?

He also was just at the Motown Celebration. Although what he has to do with Motown is beyond me...

I was so surprised by it I actually looked him up on Wiki. According to the interwebs, he actually made his start on Broadway, including playing Gavroche at one point. The whole Jonas Brothers things came later. Who knew?

I thought he held his own. It was an impressive show, though I think I prefer the 10th anniversary version still.

Totally agree with you! And Teri Hatcher's daughter on Desperate Housewives played the young Cosette.

I watched that last night and I was very scared that he wouldn't have the chops to do it, but he did a good job.

I agree that he could have held some of the big notes longer. The way he cut sometimes made it seem a bit choppy, but overall, I was impressed.

But of course, every time I hear some of the songs from Les Miz, I cry like a little baby.

They played "On My Own" on Sirius on Broadway this morning. Love that song.:cloud9:

In the initial press release about the concert - PBS said a DVD or Blu-ray version of the show would be released at a later date.

It looks like it is out, I checked out the Amazon website and it was there. Most people did not like Nick Jonas.

Sir David,

He was ok - but nowhere near as good as the Marius in the 15th anniversary concert at Royal Albert Hall. Best thing about this cast: Lea Salonga as Fantine.

- D
She is so awesome!

Sir David,

- D
Maybe blown away was strong, but I was very impressed with his performance. Marius is not my favorite character in Les Mis, and I actually liked him. I didn't see the 15th anniversary concert.

I saw the touring company in Chicago, and it was a very emotional, significant date for DW and I. Then we saw the show again in Detroit.

when les miz was on broadway I saw it 6 times...I loved it! that being said I have not listened to my cds or even thought about the play in quite some time. I just randomly stumbled upon the 25th anniversary show last night and I thought the performances were amazing. Love the quartet at the end...classic..and I was truly touched that the lead alfie had tears in his eyes as he was singing some of the songs..i def plan on buying that dvd when it is released.

It looks like it is out, I checked out the Amazon website and it was there. Most people did not like Nick Jonas.

The DVD/blu-ray is definitely out. I got it last week. :thumbsup2

I didn't think Nick was as terrible as people made him out to be, but he looked like the entire show was going to eat him alive at times. It was like he hasn't quite grown into those pipes yet, although he does have a nice voice.

I've seen Les Miz 9 times (8 on Broadway, once in London) and Nick was in the cast as Gavroche when I saw it back in 2003 (he's listed as "Nicholas Jonas"), although he wasn't performing the night I saw the show. Had no idea he was even in the show until years later.

He was pretty good. But the one who blew my socks off was Alfie Boe. =)

Hi, I think Mr. Nick Jonas give a surprisingly great performance! Although we all knew he is the multi-talented brother; the other 2 just look cute and sing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter