I was in bits...

We have annual passes... But Wishes gets me everytime! Everytime they say wishes I start bawling!!! It's part of the Disney magic ;)

2012DisneyWorldBride said:
We have annual passes... But Wishes gets me everytime! Everytime they say wishes I start bawling!!! It's part of the Disney magic ;)

Awww! I think it will make me cry! :)

I am so glad to see I am not on my own :rotfl:

I am sure my boyfriend will also take delight in taking a photograph of me while I am mid sob to show everyone when we get back :rotfl2:

I just tell DH I am leaking and he just laughs and gives me a moment. I think we just have such a good time that its just getting caught up in the moment.

I cry when we get on the ME to the resort, Wishes, Illuminations, walking down mainstreet for the first time each trip and so it goes. Going back on the ME is a whole different kind of tears.:sad1:

I just tell DH I am leaking and he just laughs and gives me a moment. I think we just have such a good time that its just getting caught up in the moment.

I cry when we get on the ME to the resort, Wishes, Illuminations, walking down mainstreet for the first time each trip and so it goes. Going back on the ME is a whole different kind of tears.:sad1:

I think when I see the castle I will cry! I think we are going to Epcot for our first day so I will have a day to prepare myself :rotfl: Although saying that I will probably cry when I get to Epcot too :goodvibes

Illuminations is another one of those tear/lump-in-the-throat situations for me. The We Go On song at the end is beautiful and very moving.

I'm crying just thinking about it now! When they add on "Let there be peace on earth" for Christmas (which is one we sang many times in Catholic school) - it's over. I'm sobbing into my funnel cake.

But as my daughter used to say, it's a happy cry. ;)

No sweat, it happens to the best of us! I almost lose it when I simply log on to YouTube and listen to the Space Mountain Star Tunnel music...:sad:

The "liberty" singers at the American pavilion get me crying every year...along with illuminations...you aren't the lone ranger!

OP, I cry watching Illuminations every single time! And it's right when that woman starts singing, "We go on to the joy and through the tears..." (something like that :laughing:). I even cry when I watch it on Youtube :laughing:. Glad I'm not the only one! :goodvibes

I am a 33 year old Midwestern man and I cry every time I see the castle and every time I walk down mainstreet. There is just something special about that place. It always brings back the great memories of going there with my dad and having an absolute blast. I also proposed to my wife in front of the castle back in 2003. So that place will always have a great place in my heart.

I am planning a trip in 2014 with the whole family. My parents having been there in about 15 years and my MIL hasn't ever been there. They are going to think I am crazy when I start crying. My wife understands though.

It's lovely to hear everyone's stories of what makes them feel emotional at Disney! It has also worried me about how much crying I think I will be doing on this holiday :rotfl:

Last year we were watching the glass blower and I happened to turn around to see everyone with their cameras up. I went out to check it out and the castle was all lit with the Xmas lights. It was like "light it and they will come". I was totally in awe, tears rolling down my face walking down Main Street just saying "it's so beautiful." and taking pictures. Some magical power took us all over!!!!! :goodvibes

I'm a big kid at heart so I still have tears coming when I see Mickey!

Have a great vacation!:wizard:

Oh man u guys got me going! I'm bawling reading all of your posts! All I can think of is holding back tears going under the sign checking in seeing the castle on the first day hearing the little girl at the end of the song "wishes" ect ect ect! Maybe I can get some of it out now lol!at least I'm among friends here !

Oh, I love the We Go On song from Illinations and Golden Dream from American Adventure. I listen to them a lot on my ipod and it does help a little to get yourself conditioned to them. They don't get to me nearly as much as they used to. Ok, the little kids singing the Christmas Canon, yeah that still gets me, even when I hear it on the radio.:sad1:

As a 19 year old teenage guy, Its embarrassing to think how much I tear up when I watch it/Listen to it on You-Tube! Last Time I went to WDW I missed the Wishes, But Saw illuminations and that was rather embarrassing too because of the tears! BUT Wishes is the one that gets me- Especially the last minuet and a half! Ohh and of course the main street entrance and seeing the Castle! :D Meeting Peter Pan for the first time was rather rather interesting too- Totally got caught up in the moment- In those few minuets there was no telling me that He wasn't the real life true Peter Pan! pixiedust: This year i need to make sure I hide tears at Wishes :lmao:

It's lovely to hear everyone's stories of what makes them feel emotional at Disney! It has also worried me about how much crying I think I will be doing on this holiday :rotfl:

Oh trust me once I last posted there were way more things I thought of. DH reminded me that I cried on the Safari when I saw the elephants last year. The new baby was with them so cute.

Waterproof mascara is one of the first things I buy before an up coming trip. :lmao:

Last year we were watching the glass blower and I happened to turn around to see everyone with their cameras up. I went out to check it out and the castle was all lit with the Xmas lights. It was like "light it and they will come". I was totally in awe, tears rolling down my face walking down Main Street just saying "it's so beautiful." and taking pictures. Some magical power took us all over!!!!! :goodvibes

I'm a big kid at heart so I still have tears coming when I see Mickey!

Have a great vacation!:wizard:

Oh man. I can't wait for what my reaction is going to be when I see that castle with the holiday decorations for the first time.

Also, during Wishes, if the music and fireworks alone aren't enough to open the flood gates and start the deluge, try looking at the audience. Look at the faces of the little kids that have never seen this spectacle before. Look into the eyes of the mothers who have been dragging their screaming kids around all day who finally get a moment of peace as they and their kids stand transfixed by the fireworks.

It's like Lily Tomlin's act with the alien and the audience watching a movie. The aliens watched the audience because they weren't told to watch the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter