I was hit by a drunk driver tonight.

How scary!!! I am so glad you are ok. Your car can be replaced, you can't. Thank goodness they found him. What is wrong with people????

:hug: :hug:

Thank goodness you're ok...it amazes me what idiots there are in the world. Hang in there and hope you're not horribly sore tomorrow. :(

:eek:

:hug: So glad you are Ok.:thumbsup2

A car is just a car and can easily be replaced.

How scary!!

Two things.......

be prepared to be hurting a bit tomorrow. It can take a day or so for the aches to show up from a car accident. It's amazing what muscles we use and how hard we use them when we're in a bad accident!

Also, go easy on yourself for a few days. It can be emotional to know how close you came to tragedy...and thank goodness a totalled car can be replaced, but YOU can't be.

:grouphug: I'm glad you're ok.

Thank you. I'm already starting to hurt all over. I have a huge bruise on my thigh, and burns on my arms from the airbags. It's amazing how it's all starting to sink in.

I'm really surprised how shaken up I am. I know I'm ok and everything will be fine, but I almost took my kids with me, but they took too long to put their shoes on! I was just going to the grocery store, and it happened just two blocks from my house. All I saw was a car coming at me head on - I really thought that was it for me.

The guy that hit me hid in his condo. He was seen pacing in front of the condo, punching himself in the face and on his cell phone, asking someone to pick him up. Two women showed up to the condo, and when police and all the witnesses confronted them, they got angry and denied knowing anything about any car. They refused to open the garage or let the police in for about two hours. They were really upset about "all the people" staring at them, and asked the police to make us go away. Unbelievable that someone would try to cover for this guy! The officers told us that because I didn't have major injuries, the most this guy will get is a misdemeanor DUI, maybe a hit and run. Nice huh?

And here's the kicker. Most of you know the drama I've had with my Suburban. Well just yesterday our insurance company agreed to pay for almost $6000 worth of damage due my brake falling apart and causing major damage to the back end. Now I have to call them on Monday for this. We literally are down to one piece of junk car, that is falling apart and can't fit our family. I don't know what we're going to do!

So glad that you are okay.

I really hope he goes to jail.

ETA: Since they got the guy and there will be a police report, his insurance company (if he has one) should pay for your damages.

Oh Steph! I am so glad you are OK. Someone up there was looking out for you...

Unbelievable that someone would try to cover for this guy!
yup, that is unbelievable! :sad2:

I too, am so glad you're OK, but sorry you have to go through all this. :hug: :hug: I think it's completely natural to be shaken up for a while after such a scary situation. Maybe a glass of wine would help?

Hang in there. :hug:

I'm glad you are ok and that the kids weren't with you. It really makes you think how lives can be changed forever in an instant.
The sad thing is, when someone drives drunk and gets into an accident, they are usually the ones who walk away unharmed while the innocent victims are injured or killed.

I'm a little banged up but otherwise ok. The guy swerved into my lane doing about 45-50 mph, and hit me when I swerved to avoid him. He drove from the scene, but witnesses followed him to some nearby condos. He was taken to the hospital and will be arrested. My car is totaled.

I'm thankful to be ok, but I'm so angry. What the heck is wrong with people?!

Thank God you are ok. My parents were killed by a drunk driver back in 1981. Guy had six prior dui convictions and at the time of the accident he did not have a license. He was driving on the wrong side of a highway at night with no lights and hit my parents head on. They died instantly. Drinking and driving is just plain stupid. People who do it should face serious jail time even on a first offense.

I'm sorry. I just realized how insensitive my prior suggestion probably sounded.

A nice hot bubble bath might be a better way to relax. :hug:

OMG! How awful! I'm glad you're ok, but I'm angry at that ******* who did that to you. I hate drunk drivers. How scary that must have been for you. :grouphug:

:hug: Glad to hear that you are ok. I will never understand why people drink and drive. We are drilled with DONT DRINK AND DRIVE from such an early age how is it that these people dont learn. :confused3

Hang in there, thank goodness you were not hurt.:thumbsup2

I am paraplegic thanks to a drunk driver. I am sooooooooo glad you are ok! :)

Oh Steph, thank God your kids were too slow getting ready! I'm so glad you're okay. :hug:

The officers told us that because I didn't have major injuries, the most this guy will get is a misdemeanor DUI, maybe a hit and run. Nice huh?
The hit and run part alone should be a SERIOUS crime in any part of the country. When you run you don't know what condition the other person is in.

His actions indicated he knew he did something. Hopefully there's a good prosecutor on the case, it goes to court with a good judge, and he has priors.

Cases like this are the start of the all to frequent news story about people with 20-30 dui's (some involving fender benders or 'harmless accidents' like in the OP) and driving with suspended or revoked licenses, etc and then they kill a car full of people.

Glad to hear you are OK. I hate drunk drivers!!! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter