• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was disappointed with Whispering Canyon....

Think Pink Tink

Mouseketeer
First we had the MOST difficult time getting to the Wilderness Lodge from the Poly...my mom is in a wheel chair so a CM suggested taking the water ferry to the MK THEN taking another ferry from there to the Wilderness Lodge. That took almost 45 minutes...we also had to wait for a special ferry that could accomodate my mom in her chair...since she can't get out of the chair we needed a bigger boat.

We chose to do breakfast instead of dinner because I heard the skillet was YUMMY. The restaurant was empty when we arrived, only 3 other tables, and our server was less than enthusiastic. He spoke so quietly I could barely hear him and when I asked him to repeat what he said he seemed annoyed. I almost thought he was joking or that he was "acting" that way as part of the "show" but after awhile I realized he was just not very friendly. Given that there were only 3 other tables it took quite awhile for our food to be served, and everyone got their food except my 8 year old....we waited another 10 minutes for her waffles...which doesn't seem like a long time but when we all had our food and she had to wait it seemed like forever.:confused3

We did ask for "ketchup" which was cute. Maybe my expectations were just too high. They had the horse races but since there were only 4 kids there besides my two it was pretty timid.:guilty:

The food was good...but not great. I liked the skillet but again, nothing spectacular about it. Can anyone share dinner experiences, I'd be willing to try it again but not for breakfast. :sad2:

TPT sorry to hear your experience was less than great.

I would have thought your best bet would have been Monorail to MK and a bus from there. Wheelchair bound passengers get that extra special treatment by all the bus drivers.

Anyway we did dinner and breakfast at Whispering Canyon at our last visit to WDW (We were stayinga t WL).

We found dinner atmosphere much livelier than breakfast. The restaurant was full of families and the kids had a great time with the horse race. The servers we had were fantastic and really got into their act.

I must agree we all lover the skillet, the dinner version was good fun food. We certainly left with a smile on our faces.

Don't do it! We ate there three weeks ago and it was terrible. DD, DH and I had the skillet. It was greasy. The mashed potatoes were hard. I didn't even bother to try the corn or beans. The dressing on the salad was okay, but nothing great. DS had the rib eye that he said was nothing great. We will never go here again.

Don't do it! We ate there three weeks ago and it was terrible. DD, DH and I had the skillet. It was greasy. The mashed potatoes were hard. I didn't even bother to try the corn or beans. The dressing on the salad was okay, but nothing great. DS had the rib eye that he said was nothing great. We will never go here again.

I agree...our experience was very similar. We waited over 25 minutes for our table; it was just DH and I and we were there for over two hours for dinner--and never even ordered dessert. DH got sick on either the chicken or the ribs (or both) in the skillet--and we know it was that becuase it was the only two things I didn't try after I found the rest of the food awful (DH said the ribs were fatty and greasy and the chicken undercooked and gross.

Hmmmm, we have reservations for a late dinner there, sorry to hear that its not that great.

Perhaps others have had a better experience with different dishes served there?

I totally agree. We had 2 fantastic meals 1-2 years ago and couldn't wait to return. We went 2 weeks ago and were SO disappointed. What we thought would be the high point of our meals was the worst. As you said the mashed potatoes were a hard lump (they were delicious 2 years ago!), and my rib eye was greasy, and my DS was disappointed the shrimp was no longer with the skillet. Our waiter was playing up the 'shtick' too much (really forcing it) and was really irritating. We couldn't wait to leave and skipped dessert to get out of there:scared1:

We ate there last month..the corn bread and salad were good. We didn't like anything in the skillet this time, I have to say..."YUCK!!"...we are not going back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter