• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to see pics of Disney potato heads~

uscgmouse

Mouseketeer
I think it would be so fun to fill a box of potato head parts on our trip next month to Disney World.

I want to see pics of your potato head goodies. How many things can you get in the box? Should I do the box or the giant potato head?

TY

You can fit quite a few things in the box but some items are larger and if you choose those they take up more room. Don't forget arms as they are specially made to hold things.

For 1 child I think a box is plenty, especially if you already have, or plan to buy the body separately. We bought a box for DD when she was 2, then another box last year. A friend of mine bought the big potato head b/c she has 2 kiddos and bought a lot of doubles. And, as PP said, be sure to get arms, as they are designed to hold the accessories. Was hoping to easily insert pic taken from iPad, but can't seem to do it without uploading it to web...sorry!

We've done this a couple times and have a good collection for our four kids. If you get the potato, remember to fill the insides really well. You can get a lot in the box if you are strategic. Have fun! We brought a box home one year for our child's preschool class. It was a big hit.

One box is enough usually. We've done it twice and have soooooooo many parts. We did not buy the head either time, so that meant more room. Do take some heads with you. I hand't thought of that the first time around and so we had parts but the kids couldn't play with it until we got home. I took enough heads for all the kids the next trip and it worked much better!

*Do they get new parts regularly? We got some last in November 2011.

*About the arms - make sure you get both left and right ones. That seems like common sense but I didn't check over it and we ended up with all lefts and no rights the first time around. (And fixed that the next trip!)

We are less than 2 weeks out now. I bought a potato head for $6.99 at Bennys last week and am going to pack it so P can play with the pieces while we are in FL. I am hoping to get some really cool stuff.

We have purchased the box and that is plenty emough parts.

You can stuff that thing to the gills, as long as the sides arent ripped open and the top can close. Some of the CMs are pretty good at stuffing them in and finding another inch of room.

Yes, if you are getting a head, stuff the inside of the head. We saw a few ppl not putting parts inside, and the had no clue to put parts inside the head.

I have purchased two boxes. I didn't get the potato head either time. The second time I decided to purchase one or two piece's seperately (sorry don't recall the cost) as they were larger. I also got a box that was very full, I think the CM ended up giving me the two pieces I couldn't fit in and he tried to repack it but made it worse than when I had it packed.

Definately get enough extra hands, you may decide to get another PH body or two and then you will have enough for them.

I must be a decent packer as I was able to get all of the My Little Pony pieces and the pony in the box with extra pieces of some of the items.

It's been several years, so my pieces probably aren't up to date, but I had a potato head parts addiction when my kids were young. One thing in your favor is that you have a boy and won't need all the princess pieces, lol. Packing parts became a huge challenge for me and was one of my favorite parts of my trips. I would take a shopping basket at Once Upon a Toy at DTD and fill it with all the parts I wanted and then find an empty corner and dump everything on the floor and strategically pack the box to fit as many pieces as possible. Yes, I'm insane, but I got a LOT of pieces in the box! Have fun!

First off, buy your tater head at WM or Target, and save space for just parts in the box.

Stuffing a box with PH parts is one of my fav things to do at Disney (I'm such a freak, lol). Seems to me though that the PH parts haven't changed in several years and some parts are no longer available, which makes me sad.

This last trip I stuff a box for my BFF, but didn't stuff one for me b/c I have all of the current parts.

Mary Potato and Peter Incredible:
IMG_4541.jpg

What a Bunch of Characters:
IMG_4548.jpg

Freaky Heads:
IMG_4540.jpg

can i just buy the head separately, not stuff it in the box? if so, how much is JUST the head??

thanks!!

It's been several years, so my pieces probably aren't up to date, but I had a potato head parts addiction when my kids were young. One thing in your favor is that you have a boy and won't need all the princess pieces, lol. Packing parts became a huge challenge for me and was one of my favorite parts of my trips. I would take a shopping basket at Once Upon a Toy at DTD and fill it with all the parts I wanted and then find an empty corner and dump everything on the floor and strategically pack the box to fit as many pieces as possible. Yes, I'm insane, but I got a LOT of pieces in the box! Have fun!

I have a feeling I will be in a corner doing this as well!

You can get a potato head at almost any box store or toy store. They range from $5-$15

I know, but I've been looking at Wal-Mart, Target, Big Lots, etc, & the ones I see are around $9. I'm not ruling that out, but I just want to know how much just a head would be if I buy it at DTD. Surely someone has purchased or inquired about JUST a potato head at Once Upon a Toy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter