• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to give a shoutout the the lost and found at Disney!

I'm very happy for your DH and her Nemo. But I suddenly have a hankerin' for Red Lobster....just kidding, of course. I hate to sound jaded, but it just seems so hard to believe that Nemo made it safely from the bus to lost and found. Such a great story.

I had a great experience with the CM's at lost and found too. My lost item was never recovered but all the CM's were very super nice and helpful.

Lost by my Family....Found and Returned by Guests & CMs at WDW Lost & Found:

DH -- Lost small wallet with park tickets :scared1:
DS#1 -- Sunglasses and camera (different trips) :mad:
DS#2 -- Fanny pack (with wallet, camera, pins, etc) :sad2:
DD -- Jacket, pin lanyard, fanny pack :scared:

Note which family member has NOT lost anything at WDW. :thumbsup2 :lmao: :cool1:

we've had 2 experiences with lost and found. The first, ds16 was about 9/10. He rode buzz lightyear and his spray fan, the expensive ones sold at the park that grandma had just bought him, must have fallen out on the ride. The cm's searched the cars and couldn't find it, so ds rode again to see if he could see it anywhere. Sure enough, it was in a place that the cm's couldn't get it without shutting the ride down. They told him to check lost and found later on. A few hours later we tried lost & found. After hearing ds's story, they reached under the counter and handed him a spray fan. When asked if they were sure it was his, they laughed and said they had at least 30 more in the back so they weren't to worried about him taking another child's.

Our 2nd experience was last Sept. We had a mini family reunion and my brother sent his daughters with grandma. I love my oldest neice dearly, but the only way to describe her is clueless airhead. She just has no common sense and is usually oblivious of her surroundings. It was our last full day in the parks and the kids were buying souveniers. Dn had purchased a few things and decided to put her wallet, with cash, in the bag, and insisted on putting her little sister's items in the bag also. You can guess where this is going. Yup, lost the bag. Went back to where she'd been, no bag, tried lost & found, no bag. Now dn is hysterical because she has no money and her sister is not happy either. We spent the next couple hours trying to calm her down. Ds16 went back to lost & found and they had her bag with every thing in it! Cash and all! They wouldn't give him the bag because the cm's had checked her wallet and found her school id. They would only release the bag to the person who matched the picture on the id.

We became pretty familar with lost and found this May. The first incident, dh "lost" his prescription transition sunglasses (he had them in the case, in his pocket, he thought) - he had been wearing another pair of prescription sunglasses, as the transition ones weren't getting dark enough for him. He realise they were missing as we were going into the Lion King show at AK - and thought they had probably fallen out in the bathroom earlier - so he went back there, and we stayed for the show. A few minutes after he left, I found the glasses in the sack I was carrying - which he had handed to me as he left LOL I tried calling his cell phone, but he never answered - so while we watched the show, he was trailing around trying to find where lost things go :):) He was pretty happy to get his glasses back after the show, but his feet were hurting :)
The next thing he lost was a Mickey Mouse baseball cap - he left it in the pocket of the seat at Thunder Mountain - we didn't realise until later, so didn't bother going back (this time my feet were sore, so I promised to buy him a new hat so I wouldn't have to go on a hat hunt). The next day we happened to be passing through the TTC, so went to lost and found - and lo and behold, they had it !! Dh was VERY impressed :)
The last thing we lost was a sack of souvenirs - we were on the Buzz Lightyear ride - I rode with ds, and dh was behind us. He put the sack on the floor, and left it there. We realised when we had walked through the Noodle Station, and I went to the bathroom - and when I didn't have a plastic sack to hang on the back of the door, realised it was missing :) Dh went back to the ride, asked in the gift shop, and then spoke to the CM at the end of the ride (I think). They had the bag, but he had to describe in detail what was in it - thankfully he remembered (among other things, it had the photo from ds's pirate league visit) - so we got the bag back. Phew !!
Needless to say, I got very good at doing hat and bag checks after that :)

DH lost the lens cap for his 35mm camera on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. When we called lost & found they said it would probably be days before it would be found, but we could come to the lost & found & look thru the box full of them that had been found & never claimed to see if there was one that would fit his. He checked & found one that fit. He now has a leash on his lens covers.;) Apparently a lot of people don't even figure that a lens cover will be found, so they don't even check.

I lost (forgot) my hat during our trip last June. Not once but twice. Both times Lost and Found had it for me! They rock!

I'm glad to hear your daughter got her Nemo back.

My kids (both) losts their new sunglasses on our last vacation. We don't stop at lost and found because I thought it's only a waste of time and we purchase some new ones.

If something is missing this year, I will definitely stop there.

I lost one of those expensive spray fans too. I wish I had checked lost & found. Heck with all those that are probably lost I could probably still check! Lol

My dd lost or had stolen her autograph book at the rope drop show at MK near the train station. We told a CM as they were sweeping up the confetti. She helped us look and then walked us to the nearest gift shop and told my dd to pick out a new autograph book and pen (I'm talking those big character pens). DD was a little sad to have lost the autographs she already had but happy to have such nice replacements. Even tho DD had her name and address in her book, we never saw it again. I called lost and found every day and even after we got home. The CM's did the very best they could and I commend them for keeping my dd happy!!

During our trip in 2008, my cousin bumped my camera in the stretching room on Haunted Mansion, and knocked the black, plastic lens cap off. I waited out the crowd a bit, and looked as best I could on the floor, but I couldn't spot it, so I mentioned it to the CM on the way out the door. Sadly, the CM didn't bother to tell me to ask at the front of the park that day. Two days later, when we were back in the park, I asked at guest services. They explained that by then it would be at the central lost and found near the TTC, and gave me the phone number there. I gave them a call, and in a matter of minutes, they reported that they had my lens cap. I figured that they had a similar cap, and I'd just take it and be happy. DD and I made our way to the lost and found, and sure enough, they had MY cap, no doubt about it, it had a few distinct marks on it, it was my lens cap.

To think that something that small would be located, and returned, and safely, in one piece. Somehow it managed to avoid being stepped on, and broken to pieces.

Shortly after that, I visited Wal Mart, and got a cap keeper for it, so it can't fall to the floor again!

great story! I love how out of all the characters, it was Nemo who was lost and finally came home! :goodvibes

hooray for nemo finding his way back!
we had a very positive story about lost & found at hollywood studios on our visit last week,, DD (5) had a stuffed minnie on a backpack that we brought from home,, I was smart enough to realize one on a backpack stood a better survival rate, lol, she insisted to take it to the parks and we did great for many days but at hollywood studios it started to rain and I vaguely remember picking minnie up to put in my backpack off the back of the stroller,, then several hours go by and we are headed to fantasmic and I realize where is minne????? we double back to Ariel show not 100% sure where we lost it but they said every hour a CM comes by all the attractions and gets all the lost and found and takes it to Guest services. We go there but I am not hopeful AT ALL we will recover it but we ask and the guy is like let me check,, voila he comes out with her minnie,, I had even forgot it had her VoluntEAR pin on the front we had gotten that day.
DH had left his hat behind when we had dinner at 1900 park fare and we realized the next morning,, I bet they would have had it but I didn't feel like doing all the transportation to get over there so since it wasn't any special hat we just let it go.

I wonder how long WDW keeps lost and found items then What the heck do they do with them after that time is up,, I can imagine they collect 100s of pairs of sunglasses + hats which people don't go looking for.

Last year my DS lost his favorite cap he had bought at the high school football game. He bought it when he was a freshman and the hat ment a lot. He was wearing it on BTM and I told him to take it off or he would loose it . Of course he knows everything and wore it. Well it blew off and he was devastated. Called Lost and found the next day and they had it. They were the nicest people. I lost my cell phone at the pool at PO the year before I didn't think I would get it back but the maid found it and called my sister in Texas and said they had it. The Maid was very nice and I was so happy but I took a lot of ribbing from my family!

There is a limit to how long they will hold things at lost & found. I forget how long they told me. We were there a few times looking for my son's jacket in Feb. My son left it on the monorail. It never showed up at lost & found :(

But surprisingly everyone I saw walk in the door of lost & found walked out with their missing items from pocketbooks to toys to sweatshirts etc.

At WDW they found my phone at the bottom of Thunder Mountain, it fell out of my pocket.

At Disneyland, I left my wallet on a counter. Which was taken to City Hall, I was looking for it in less than five minutes, when I went to City Hall to claim it, it was there, but without any money.

I applaud the lost and found as well. My dh left his sunglasses on EE. We checked there, then the front of the park at closing at they didn't have them. He called central Lost and Found and they couldn't find them but got a good description from dh and our address. About a week or 2 after returning home from WDW his sunglasses showed up in the mail. I think that's pretty impressive that they kept an eye out for them even though we weren't still at WDW and mailed them back.

we had two positive experiences with lost & found that I posted about earlier. We also had one that didn't work out so well, but it was at the hotel. We stayed at Poly CL and the 2 six year olds in our group had small stuffed animals that they slept with every night. Two days before we checked out one of the animals went missing. We looked every where for that dog, couldn't find it. Grandma assumed it had gotten stuffed in a bag and she would find it when they got home. They notified the resort, but the cm's never found it either. My guess is was left in the bed, the maid changed the sheets and never noticed it, and doggy made a trip to the laundry. We made several calls back to the resort and their lost & found, but no dog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter