I want to buy a Nintendo DS, should I wait?

corie161

DIS Veteran
I want to buy a Nintendo DS for my DD for Christmas. Everywhere I look the price is the same. Should I hold out for a deal closer to Christmas and take my chances they won't sell out, or should I buy it now counting on that the price won't get much better. What would you do?

My theory on buying any type of technology is to not buy it until you need it b/c something is inevitably going to come out better/faster/cheaper.

Now since its an XMAS present, I would wait until a little before thanksgiving, and buy it at a reputable place that has a price adjustment policy. Usually its about 30 days, so then you are almost guaranteed the better price if there is one, and you will have the product in hand in case there is a super high demand.

corie161 said:
I want to buy a Nintendo DS for my DD for Christmas. Everywhere I look the price is the same. Should I hold out for a deal closer to Christmas and take my chances they won't sell out, or should I buy it now counting on that the price won't get much better. What would you do?
I was having the exact same dilemma! I did finally break down and order one today....here's why: I know DS wants the Nintendogs game. Nintendo is releasing a special Nintendogs DS bundle on 10/25. You have a choice of teal or pink and it comes with a special version of the nintendogs game called "best friends" which is a combo of several of the nintendogs games out there already and only available in this bundle. The price at Amazon was only $149 to pre-order this bundle. The DS by itself is $129.99 just about everywhere. This makes the game only $20. It was a good deal and I was afraid they would run out so I just went for it.

Put one on layaway at Walmart - that's what I did, then IF you find it cheaper before Christmas you can always cancel your layaway and if you don't find it cheaper you already have one.

OMG! Thank you for this information...That's exactly what I was looking for, but it says the pink is currently unavailable. Am I doing something wrong?

corie161 said:
OMG! Thank you for this information...That's exactly what I was looking for, but it says the pink is currently unavailable. Am I doing something wrong?

Never mind I see the pink must be gone already or just not available yet. No biggy I just went ahead and got the teal. Thank you so much for this information. You were a lifesaver! I was planning on getting the Nintendogs game and this makes it even more exciting!

corie161 said:
I was planning on getting the Nintendogs game and this makes it even more exciting!
Yup, those were my thoughts too. i was planning to get the game anyway and this saved me a little money(the game is $29.99 or $39.99 by itself) and now I won't have to stress over getting it or not. It's done! Yay! :cool1:

By the way, for the last month or so I've been searching all the deal forums and all over the place online looking for a better deal and there really aren't any deals out there unless it ends up being a black friday deal but I doubt it. Either way, I'm happy with the price I paid and now I don't have to worry about it.

cruisnfamily said:
Yup, those were my thoughts too. i was planning to get the game anyway and this saved me a little money(the game is $29.99 or $39.99 by itself) and now I won't have to stress over getting it or not. It's done! Yay! :cool1:

By the way, for the last month or so I've been searching all the deal forums and all over the place online looking for a better deal and there really aren't any deals out there unless it ends up being a black friday deal but I doubt it. Either way, I'm happy with the price I paid and now I don't have to worry about it.

I agree, and the great thing about this Nintendogs is it has them all wrapped up in one, 6 dogs first and the option to earn more as they go along. Now, I'm just going to wait for the Lizzie McGuire/Raven game that is coming out later this month or in November. Then she'll be in 7th Heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter