I want to be under 200 pounds...Anyone else??

Hey everyone! It's been a couple months since I've posted, but I wanted to check back in. My weight loss stopped for a little over a month and a half. It is starting to drop off again and I'm at 60 pounds lost. :banana: It's great to see this thread continuing. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and good luck! :cheer2:

It's turning colder in my neck of the woods so the treadmill will become my friend.

Good morning everyone!

Lost .5 pounds. Doesn't seem like much, but it is still a loss! And since I have been stagnat, I was so glad to see something happen!

Still watching diet, in fact, working harder on watching it.

Not walking nearly as much as I should. The weather has been terrible, and I really hate to have to finally give in to the treadmill. Just going to have to.

Keep up all the great things everyone is doing. Just as martinmnr has said, it is all about the way you feel!

Wendy S

Hi, everyone! I'd like to join your club if I can. I am currently at 217. My highest was 236. I'd love to be under 200! This looks like the perfect place to find the inspiration to keep on going and do so!

Hi there. If there is room for one more, I'm up for this. I have really been enjoying reading this thread. I've been reading for a while now, don't know what time it was that I sat down at the computer! But I'm so glad I found this. Y'all are very encouraging.

And it is good timing for me. I started at the first of the year and had trouble getting going, but by Febuary started to lose and bought a treadmill. I had to get down to a completely unacceptable level of calories to lose at that time, but I figured that if it was the only way the pounds would come off, then I would do it for as long as I could. I lost 50 pounds before I just couldn't live with so little anymore. And then kept trying to tell myself that it was ok; at least I wasn't gaining it back.

Well, 2 weeks ago, I realized by the way my clothes were fitting that I had started to gain again and sure enough. Checked the scale the next morning and I was up 10 pounds. That was motivation enough for me to want to really get back on track.

Unfortunately, I've been sick for nearly the whole 2 weeks! Just cold symptoms, but it has really got me down with fatigue and general yuckiness! So I haven't been able to exercise, but I have managed somehow to get the 10 pounds off as of this morning. So I guess I'm ready to move forward again and hopefully keep losing.

I probably need to buy a new scale. And I definitely need to get over being sick and start exercising again. But for today, I'm eating a somewhat sensible diet, it has carbs and protein, but no refined sugar and no grain products, not even in tiny proportion. The grain thing doesn't have anything to do with my weight loss decisions really. I do lose better when I severely restrict carbs (or include a little more carbs but restrict calories down to almost nothing). But I have also learned that I have other issues with certain carbs. So for the sake of my health and my gut, I'm not eating any grains for the time being. I probably ought to try to get tested for celiac disease at my doctors office. Apparently, you can have this problem and not find out at a young age. I guess it is like a lot of other things that medicine has been learning exist in milder forms than they previously thought. But that is ok, I feel like a far healthier person overall when I avoid grains, so it doesn't matter too much if that is normal or not or if the doctors test tells me it should work that way. I'd rather be able to feel healthy most of the time than to be able to say that I eat like everyone else. Maybe I should look at the grain problem as a learning tool. Now I should be able to apply that thinking to eating less or avoiding a certain food the next time I'm at a party or a potluck and want to eat whatever everyone else is having that looks good. If I can avoid certain foods because of grains, then I should be able to avoid or cut way back on certain other ones for weight loss, right?

I'm at 205 today and I want to lose some more before my December Disney trip! And I want to be able to walk, walk, walk all over the parks and not have to make my kids wait while I rest on a bench a bunch of times!

Thanks for listening!

It has been awhile since I've checked in. I did well during August, went on vacation, and had difficulty getting back on track. I started back THINKING about my food choices before just grabbing food last Sunday. I also walked or went to curves 6 times last week. I am down 3 pounds!!

I haven't checked in in awhile, it's been crazy around here, but I wanted to share that I stepped in the scale this morning and saw 200. Just 200. I can't even begin to tell you how good that felt. I am now just 4 pounds away from losing my first 10% of my body weight. I thought I'd been doing really bad between my daughter being sick and not being able to go to the gym. I've been trying to watch what I eat so I guess that's been working.

We can all do this. I've been waiting to see this number for a long time. It was only 18 pounds away but it seemed really tough to get moving again.

Wow! You people are an inspiration and I need an inspiration. Your huge losses are amazing. It's making me think that maybe it IS possible after all. I was at my all time high weight of 217 six weeks ago. I weighed in today at 205. I am doing great and I know it and I'm thrilled. BUT I am overwhelmed at the thought of having 50+ lbs left to go. A good friend asked me today how much I want to lose and I almost cried when I told her. It seems like such a long, hard road. I do know its worth it. I really want to do it. I am really working hard at it.

I am going to start reading this thread from the beginning. I have a feeling you guys are just what I need!

Katy :sunny:

o2bacelt: Congrats on seeing that wonderful number on your scale.

I am proud of myself. I have exercised every day this month except one. I've kept track of my food intake. I've been losing steadily. I am now down almost 10 pounds and am 51.5 away from 200.

Hello everyone! Have a loss of a pound to brag about! Yippee! It's been so long, certainly didn't think I was going to see a loss that wasn't just ounces!

Good luck to everyone.

Hello to the newest members! This is a great place to be!

Wendy S

Down another 1.6 lbs! Leaving Saturday morning for WDW!

Life is so good that I'm worried about what might be coming around the next bend.
:scared:

Cyndi!!!

Have a great trip, be safe, and hug the mouse for us! Anxious to hear about Everest!

Wendy S

Big hugs to the mouse for everyone! Can't wait! Can't sleep! Have to wake up in 5.5 hours and I'm not sleeping... I'm going to sleep the whole day in the car tomorrow. But, at least I won't be eating if I'm asleep!

Well, we're back from WDW and I weigh-in tomorrow. I think I'm up a couple, but I decided not to let it bother me. I definitely made better dietary choices this year (like sharing desserts, instead of having my own) so even if my weight is up I don't think it will derail me. Still hoping for 199 by 12/31/06!

How is everyone doing?

One does feel better when they make better choices than they would in the "old day", huh? good job!

I see myself giving myself more freedom with treats. I still eat healthy, but I am allowing myself more treats, WHICH I SHOULDN'T BE DOING! I weighed in last Sat. and I remained the SAME. I will weigh in NEXT Sat. I continue to try and be aware of my choices........but it's hard. Last Sat. I was at 204. Gosh! so close to 199! I must remain on track.

OK, the bad news is in. My damage was +2.2 lbs. So I'm at 209.8 again.

Oh well, I knew what I was doing with every bite of WDW food I ate!

Unfortunately, to get to (my initial) goal of 199, I have only 11 weeks and I now have 10.8 lbs. to lose. Anyway you slice it, that about 1 lb. per week.

I really need to start exercising! Does this count?

:woohoo: :cool1: :rotfl2: :cheer2: :wave:
:dance3: :yay: :duck: :dancer:
:worship: :tiptoe: :dogdance:

Cyndi, you can do it! I have 12 to get to 199. It is just over one pound per week, and I too think only increasing exercise will help. Also, at work I am going to be assigned to one store rather than travel (and I will pretty much stay there til next summer) so it will help to get back into a better routine. But, I think all that typing to add in the smileys should count for something!

Lets go and keep up the good spirits!

Otto's doll, :banana: Yeah! You should do that before Thanksgiving!

Hermosa--you are really close! Also, looks like closer to Thanksgiving!

I think you did great by sharing desert. That is the hardest part for me. I don't want to share my deserts! :rotfl:

Wendy S

Cyndiu said:
I really need to start exercising! Does this count?

:woohoo: :cool1: :rotfl2: :cheer2: :wave:
:dance3: :yay: :duck: :dancer:
:worship: :tiptoe: :dogdance:

Ha ha!!! :rotfl: I think you're asking the wrong group here :rotfl2: -I might direct you to the "Only-5-pounds-away-from-size 2" Thread to answer you.
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Congrats to those of you who are so close. I have had a good successful month; I've exercised regularly (except for 4 days in a row this week, but I go up and exercised this am.)

Anyway, I am now 46.5 pounds from 200 , which sounds alot better than the 61 pounds that I started with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter