• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want the monorail AND a villa!

addlepated

Earning My Ears
We stayed at the VWL last summer and really loved the room. The extra space, the separate place for the kids to sleep, the big fridge, the washer and dryer, the closets, the tub, and on and on. I think what was most important to us was having a separate bedroom from the kids.

The only thing we didn't like was not being on the monorail loop. Getting to the parks was a major excursion. If we drove to MK, we'd have to go to the TTC and then transfer to the monorail. If we took the ferry, we ran into problems like a 45 minute line in the August sun!

Where can we have the amenities of a villa, first and foremost the space, and be on the monorail? A suite somewhere? Connecting rooms? Any ideas?

Cross your fingers and join us in waiting with anticipation for the official announcement that the construction currently under way at the Contemporary Resort is indeed an expansion of the Disney Vacation Club.

yes BirdsOfPreyDave I agreed completely!!!

the construction looks just like the architect designs that Tink10 found over a year ago.

the designs definitely said DVC resort.

so hoping and wishing that this is indeed a DVC resort.

disney has tried to change the outlook at times to CR suites.

Personally I think the reason for no annoucement is that management is still fighting over it.

CR was the first WDW resort - I think the Polyn opened a few days later (might be wrong here). So can understand the top management not wanting it for DVC.

but DVC is their best seller these days. We were promised a DVC resort on the monrail. and the CR is the best fit at this time.

so hoping.

the VWL now has a bus that goes to directly to the MK. so next time try that route.

The above post is correct, we are all waiting to see what kind of announcement will be made about the Contemporary constructrion. In the meantime consider the Epcot resorts. Both the BWV and BCV are walking distance to Epcot and MGM. We also hop on the monorail at Epcot and head over the the MK....but you do get dropped of at the TTC.

Brownie

Yes looks like your on the wish list for CRV....

I'm sure the CR has some big suites....they will break the bank though.\
Kerri

What's the construction looking like at the CR? I don't guess it'll be completed by this summer, will it? :lmao:

Your options are simple book a suite at the Poly, GF or the Contemporary. You can try for adjoining rooms but the suites are really nice. Expensive but nice.

B.

I guess I am in the minority. As I am not a villa girl(don't want anyone to suggest I should be cooking on vacation!!) I would LOVE it if they added some more family suites.:thumbsup2

But at this point you could do suites at the GF or Contemporary.(does the Poly have suites?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter