"I want my soup!" An October 2010 Trip Report UPDATED 7/9 2012 PTR STARTED!

I left off with us having just gotten off Toy Story Mania. Kris beat me :( When I looked back at the entrance, the wait was showing 110 minutes. NOW you tell me TSM! Since we had missed our ADR at Sci Fi and none of us felt like doing a table service at that moment anyway, we decided to go to...

PIZZA PLANET! I love that place! :)

Adam had kept talking about Backlot Tour, so since it was right there and it said there was only a 10 minute wait, we got in line. Well guess what? We waited 10 minutes and...the ride went down. Was this a theme today? Rather than wait any longer, we got out of the line and headed toward Pizza Planet, with me and my sister promising Adam we'd come back to Backlot Tour.

My sister spotted this infamous photo op on the way over.

SAM_0294.jpg

She loves old movies/musicals. You should see how many pictures of Frank Sinatra she has in her living room!

Not the greatest shots but parts of the Streets of America section.

SAM_0295.jpg

SAM_0296.jpg

Muppet Vision 3D

SAM_0297.jpg

We had a quick lunch at Pizza Planet, with everyone getting Rice Krispee treats for dessert except Alex, who got a cookie. What's up with that, Alex? Mickey Rice Krispee treats are a must! We were planning on going to see the Indiana Jones stunt show at 4 and had some time to kill so after lunch, we went to Muppet Vision 3D. Kris was getting antsy because he REALLY wanted to see Indy (he loves Indy!) and I had to keep assuring him that we'd make it in time. It was just right around the corner after all!

As much as I love the muppets, they really need to upgrade this show. Compared to It's Tough to be a Bug and Philarmagic, Muppets 3D is showing it's age. I'd be sad if they got rid of it but it's in need of a make-over.

We made it to Indy with about 5 minutes to spare. We found seats near the front, off to the right side of the sound stage. They were in the process of picking volunteers. I told Kris to volunteer but he said he wanted to watch the show rather than be in it. Plus, he's super shy and would probably be embarrassed, just sayin ;) So I told my sister to volunteer. Did she get picked?

SAM_0298.jpg

Yup! The woman asked her to laugh like a princess and she cheesed it up! We'd see her later on in the show. The first scene is the famous scene where Indy runs from the giant boulder and gets run over by it. But he's ok, of course! Phew!

SAM_0305.jpg

My sister was up in the next scene. Dressed like this.

SAM_0307.jpg

She was one of the extras for the next scene. If you've never seen the Indiana Jones stunt show, I suggest you do! It's a good time, especially if someone you know gets picked to help out!

SAM_0310.jpg

SAM_0311.jpg

SAM_0313.jpg

SAM_0315.jpg

SAM_0317.jpg

If you've ever seen Indiana Jones, you know that he fights the Nazis. I noticed on this plane, they painted what look like + symbols on the plane. For obvious reasons, they wouldn't paint the real thing on the plane. I found this interesting.

SAM_0319.jpg

SAM_0321.jpg

Continued in next post

Continued from previous post...

After my sister's fifteen minutes of fame were over, we headed over to Star Tours. I knew it was closed but there's quite a few cool photo ops there.

SAM_0322.jpg

Plus, there's this guy.

SAM_0323.jpg

Can I just tell you how much I love the Jedi Training Academy show? We were only going to watch for a few minutes but everyone got sucked into it. The kids are just adorable and the actors are great. When they all went up one by one for their 'fight' one of the older kids got an extra shot at Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers came running up, pointing their weapons at him like they were going to attack. No one cheap shots Darth Vader! The best one out of the group was a little girl. She kicked butt!

Look at this little guy! :)

SAM_0325.jpg

One cool thing about this show is that they have a photopass person hanging out near the stage, taking pictures of all the kids. I love the little touches Disney thinks of so the parents can just enjoy the show rather than taking pictures the whole time.

After seeing the kids kick some Vader butt, we ended up near the little gift shop outside of the Indy show. Kris wanted to buy a shirt. I tried to talk him into buying these ears but he wasn't having it.

SAM_0326.jpg

After the stunt show, we headed back toward the Backlot Tour. Sigh. I really have no interest in the Backlot Tour. I don't think any of memorabilia they have on the tour is all that interesting anymore. I liked it better when they had the Golden Girls house and the whole set wasn't taken up by the LMA set. It's just a giant time-suck to me. I think Alex felt the same way.

SAM_0327.jpg

I don't even know what this is. Kris was taking pictures. Anyone? The steamroller I know was from Roger Rabbit.

SAM_0328.jpg

After that was over, we walked through the gift shop (everything has to empty out into a gift shop!) and this was the only Wall-E merchandise I saw anywhere, the whole trip.

SAM_0329.jpg

Too bad Kris already has one that I bought him. He's a big Wall-E fan! Why no Wall-E love WDW?

Teehee.

SAM_0330.jpg

We finally, FINALLY started walking over to Tower of Terror. It's about time people!

The most beautiful sight in all of DHS.

SAM_0332.jpg

SAM_0333.jpg

I love that ride. It's one of my, if not the number one, favorite rides in all of Walt Disney World. They could've made it like any other drop ride but the theming is spectacular and the ride itself is so much fun. I love that you can't see anything when your dropping and there's no telling what the ride will do next! If I could marry ToT, I probably would.

RnRC had been down ALL DAY (what is this, 3 on the day now?) We walked over to see if it was open yet. It was but the line was 60 minutes. If it had been 30, I would've waited. 60? Nope, sorry Aerosmith. I did take a few pictures though.

SAM_0334.jpg

SAM_0335.jpg

SAM_0336.jpg

Continued in next post...

Continued from previous post...

From here on out, camera? Dead. Sigh.

My sister really wanted to see the American Idol show so off we went. It was the last show of the day, which meant all the best performers from the previous shows of the day would be in this one. I am not an American Idol fan, at all. I watched the first season and after that, I was over it. Ryan Seacrest's voice makes me want to run in the other direction when I hear it. I'm convinced he signed a deal with the devil. But I digress. For not being an Idol fan, I really enjoyed the show. The singers were talented, I liked that we got to vote, and the actors portraying the judges did a great job. Luckily, Adam managed to get some pictures.

37136_10150098428859688_833839687_7442005_6697805_n.jpg

68824_10150098428969688_833839687_7442006_4172677_n.jpg

The contestants. The guy second from the right won the show. I'm not saying this to be mean but doesn't AI have an age limit? Because the prize was to skip the line to audition for the real AI. I voted for the girl in the green dress. She was awesome! I'm surprised she didn't win.

71661_10150098439714688_833839687_7442244_1079677_n.jpg

Dude looks just like Randy Jackson. Dog.

69158_10150098439819688_833839687_7442248_2478042_n.jpg

After AI, it was closing time at DHS so we hoofed it out of there. I still wanted my soup from Canada and the boys wanted sausage stuffed pretzels from Germany, so we took the boat from DHS to Epcot. Well, not all the way to Epcot. If you've ever taken that boat, it makes a lot of stops and practically crawls towards Epcot. So we got off at the Beach Club stop and walked the rest of the way to Epcot, while the boat went on to Boardwalk. We split up, my sister and I headed toward Canada and I was practically knocking whoever was in my path out of the way. It was already 8:30 and I was on a mission!

Did I get it? You're darn right I did! I wish the servings were bigger but I was in heaven. I also got my sister a soup & Moosehead beer for being a good sport and putting up with my craziness.

Then it struck me. We had agreed to meet the boys at the big red sign in Japan. "I want sushi," I said. So we high tailed it to Japan and I got a California roll. I bought my sister a Japanese beer. We had hit two stands and the boys hadn't even gotten through the Germany line yet. This proves girls are superior ;)

Illuminations was about to start as we were finishing our food so rather than fight with those crowds, we left via the International Gateway. We were heading over to DTD and caught the bus from Beach Club. We had a little drama at DTD. My sister and I were starving (that soup and sushi did nothing to curb my hunger) and wanted to go to Planet Hollywood. The boys wanted to go shopping. (I know! Alternate universe right?) I had make a quick stop to get my nephew Jacob personalized Mickey ears but the guys wanted to go to the World of Disney store. That place is huge, I knew we would lose each other. I was cranky from lack of food so my sister and I just walked over to Planet Hollywood and text them to meet us there. Alex and Adam were fine with this. Kris was not. He was annoyed that I 'left him in the middle of nowhere.' Seriously? It's not like I left you on the side of the road somewhere. It's DTD and you were with Alex and Adam. He was pouting by the time he got to PH and I tried to make nice but he wasn't having it. So then I got annoyed with him and we barely spoke to each other. I decided I just wanted to get the hell out of there so I left and Kris left with me. Joy. We argued the entire ride back to the hotel and at the hotel itself. I was upset because it was our last night in Disney and we were fighting about something SO stupid. I went to bed frustrated and upset. :( What a crap ending to an otherwise awesome day. At least I had some food in my belly.

Coming up, our last day in Disney. Would Kris and I be in better moods? How would we spend our last day? Stay tuned to find out!

JENNY! OMG, I just read your HP review! OMG!!! I cannot wait to go. Ahhhh!!!!

When I have more time, I am going to catch up :)

So glad you got some Pizza Planet! YUM!

I totally agree about the Muppets. I LOVE them but the show needs a makeover.

I am thrilled your sister got picked! LOVE HER!! :laughing:

We've never seen the Jedi Training Academy but it looks adorable! DH is a Star Wars freak so I'm sure he'd think it was cute.

ToT is the best. Hands down! And I don't blame you about RRC. It feels fun at the begining but it's over so quickly and isn't all that impressive, IMO.

I feel you about Ryan Seacrest. Ugh. And I never watched American Idol.. everytime I tell someone that they look at me like I'm crazy. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the show though! I've heard good things about it!

WHEW! Thank goodness you got the soup!! And, :rotfl:, I love that you girls got through two lines and the guys hadn't even made it through one. Girls rule, boys drool. Duh.

So sorry about you and Kris. That stinks. :( It always is so frustrating to fight about something dumb, especially when you're at the Happiest Place on Earth. But hey, between the heat, walking, etc. crankiness happens. :hug:

Can't wait to hear about the last day!!

JENNY! OMG, I just read your HP review! OMG!!! I cannot wait to go. Ahhhh!!!!

When I have more time, I am going to catch up :)

You are going to LOVE it when you go there! Everything looks awesome and the ride is spectacular. Try the butter beer!!!

So glad you got some Pizza Planet! YUM!

I totally agree about the Muppets. I LOVE them but the show needs a makeover.

I am thrilled your sister got picked! LOVE HER!! :laughing:

We've never seen the Jedi Training Academy but it looks adorable! DH is a Star Wars freak so I'm sure he'd think it was cute.

ToT is the best. Hands down! And I don't blame you about RRC. It feels fun at the begining but it's over so quickly and isn't all that impressive, IMO.

I feel you about Ryan Seacrest. Ugh. And I never watched American Idol.. everytime I tell someone that they look at me like I'm crazy. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the show though! I've heard good things about it!

WHEW! Thank goodness you got the soup!! And, :rotfl:, I love that you girls got through two lines and the guys hadn't even made it through one. Girls rule, boys drool. Duh.

So sorry about you and Kris. That stinks. :( It always is so frustrating to fight about something dumb, especially when you're at the Happiest Place on Earth. But hey, between the heat, walking, etc. crankiness happens. :hug:

Can't wait to hear about the last day!!

I love Pizza Planet! I know a lot of people don't like Disney pizza but I don't mind it.

I am forced to watch AI. I managed to avoid it for plenty of seasons and then I met Kris. And he watches it. Ugh. So if I'm over there and AI is on, guess what we're watching? Most of the people who win don't even go on to do anything else, they have maybe one single (with the exception of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood). I don't even think the kid that one this season had a song out. I could go on and on about how much I dislike Idol lol. Can you tell? Hopefully after this season it will be done since there's no more Simon! At least he made things amusing.

Disney may be the happiest place on Earth but there is some serious crankiness to be had because of the heat and walking. :rotfl:

Hey Jenny!
Finally read up on your TR! It's been forever, I know.
I have to say, Universal looked pretty cool. We may have to check it out next time we're in Orlando (but only for a day, ya know ;) ).
That stinks about all the shut-downs at DHS! And we missed the the Backlot Tour last time. I'm sure I would have been disappointed because I will still expecting it to be the same with the Golden Girls's house and all! What a bummer!
And I totally agree about Muppet Vision. I loved that so much as a kid, but they need to bring it into the 21st century.
We will definitely have the Cheese Soup again in Canada, too! Except we'll probably both order our own bowls. It was a little hard to share that tiny bowl with ONE pretzel bread! :scared1:
Sorry to hear you guys had a little tiff the last night. Doesn't it always seem that something irritating happens on the last day!
Anyway, can't wait to read more!!

Jenny- I just had to tell you that DH surprised me with a trip to WWoHP this weekend and omg, it was everything you said it was! AMAZING!! I tried the butterbeer and at first I was like "hey, this is pretty good!" but then after a few more sips it was just waaayyy too sweet. We got the frozen butterbeer. But wow, I'm still amazed by how awesome it looked. And Forbidden Journey was mindblowing. Loved it. And all the merchandise.. I could go on, and on, and on..

But yeah, hijacking over. :)

Hey Jenny!
Finally read up on your TR! It's been forever, I know.
I have to say, Universal looked pretty cool. We may have to check it out next time we're in Orlando (but only for a day, ya know ;) ).
That stinks about all the shut-downs at DHS! And we missed the the Backlot Tour last time. I'm sure I would have been disappointed because I will still expecting it to be the same with the Golden Girls's house and all! What a bummer!
And I totally agree about Muppet Vision. I loved that so much as a kid, but they need to bring it into the 21st century.
We will definitely have the Cheese Soup again in Canada, too! Except we'll probably both order our own bowls. It was a little hard to share that tiny bowl with ONE pretzel bread! :scared1:
Sorry to hear you guys had a little tiff the last night. Doesn't it always seem that something irritating happens on the last day!
Anyway, can't wait to read more!!

Hi!! How are you??

Universal is a lot of fun. One or two days is enough for me though. I stayed there last year and in 2008 for a full week and I was semi-bored by the end of it. Not like Disney. I could spend a month in Disney and that probably still wouldn't be enough!

DHS was just out to get us that day! :laughing:

It always seems to happen toward the end of the trip. The heat, plus the walking around and constantly being tired leads to inevitable crankiness! That's the downfall of a Disney vacation!

I'll be updating again soon hopefully!

Jenny- I just had to tell you that DH surprised me with a trip to WWoHP this weekend and omg, it was everything you said it was! AMAZING!! I tried the butterbeer and at first I was like "hey, this is pretty good!" but then after a few more sips it was just waaayyy too sweet. We got the frozen butterbeer. But wow, I'm still amazed by how awesome it looked. And Forbidden Journey was mindblowing. Loved it. And all the merchandise.. I could go on, and on, and on..

But yeah, hijacking over. :)

I told you!! I wouldn't steer you wrong! :laughing: I'm glad you enjoyed it. That was my opinion of the butterbeer too. Did you feel giddy after you drank it? Cause I totally did. :rotfl: I was acting like a wacko. I wanted to buy everything I saw there, especially the robes! But they were way too much $$! Did you get the pumpkin juice?? I wanted to try it but never got around to it.

I told you!! I wouldn't steer you wrong! :laughing: I'm glad you enjoyed it. That was my opinion of the butterbeer too. Did you feel giddy after you drank it? Cause I totally did. :rotfl: I was acting like a wacko. I wanted to buy everything I saw there, especially the robes! But they were way too much $$! Did you get the pumpkin juice?? I wanted to try it but never got around to it.
I was so excited about that Butterbeer! And so excited in general!! I wanted a wand (but what on Earth would I do with it?) and those robes!! So much fun! They really did an amazing job from the merchandise to the scenery. It was Heaven.

I didn't try the Pumpkin Juice. I wanted to but it really didn't look appealing. And I just can't get over how cool the FJ was!!

I want to go back. Like tomorrow. DH and I saw HP 7 pt. 1 at midnight on Thursday/Friday and I already want to see that again too!! :banana:

I was so excited about that Butterbeer! And so excited in general!! I wanted a wand (but what on Earth would I do with it?) and those robes!! So much fun! They really did an amazing job from the merchandise to the scenery. It was Heaven.

I didn't try the Pumpkin Juice. I wanted to but it really didn't look appealing. And I just can't get over how cool the FJ was!!

I want to go back. Like tomorrow. DH and I saw HP 7 pt. 1 at midnight on Thursday/Friday and I already want to see that again too!! :banana:

I wanted a wand too! I really liked Voldemort's wand. :rolleyes1

I was going to get a pumpkin juice but a) I wasn't sure if I'd like it and b) it was like $7! Too much money to spend on something I wasn't sure I'd enjoy.

I saw the movie last night. How did you like it?? I thought it was awesome!

I was going to get a pumpkin juice but a) I wasn't sure if I'd like it and b) it was like $7! Too much money to spend on something I wasn't sure I'd enjoy.

I saw the movie last night. How did you like it?? I thought it was awesome!
Exactly. I was already a little put off by the price of the Butterbeer.. and I've heard mixed reviews about the Pumpkin Juice.

I absolutely LOVED the movie! My only complaint is that Voldemort doesn't seem as scary as he should be. I don't know why I feel that way but when I read the books, I imagined him a lot more frightening. That and Ginny Weasley is booorrrriiiinnnnggggg in the movies. But, those are general series feelings. The movie was fantastic. It needs to be July now. :rolleyes1

Exactly. I was already a little put off by the price of the Butterbeer.. and I've heard mixed reviews about the Pumpkin Juice.

I absolutely LOVED the movie! My only complaint is that Voldemort doesn't seem as scary as he should be. I don't know why I feel that way but when I read the books, I imagined him a lot more frightening. That and Ginny Weasley is booorrrriiiinnnnggggg in the movies. But, those are general series feelings. The movie was fantastic. It needs to be July now. :rolleyes1

I think Voldemort is pretty creepy! I wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley! That being said, there wasn't much of him in the actual movie. I'm sure he'll play a much bigger part in part 2. Maybe he'll scare you then. ;)

Ginny doesn't really do anything for me lol. I love the twins. The actors that play them are excellent!

I think Voldemort is pretty creepy! I wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley! That being said, there wasn't much of him in the actual movie. I'm sure he'll play a much bigger part in part 2. Maybe he'll scare you then. ;)

Ginny doesn't really do anything for me lol. I love the twins. The actors that play them are excellent!
Bahahah! Let's hope!

And yeah, I feel you about Ginny. Harry should've wound up with Cho. Just sayin'..

Hi, any readers I have left!

I was going to write an update today but I realized I didn't upload the pictures of our last day to photobucket yet. Oops. So I will try to have those uploaded and another post up by the end of the week.

The Disney fams were announced for 2011 and I really want to go! There's one in March and one in September. I'm hoping to do the one in September. That'll be my excuse for a Disney 2011 vacation :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Hi, any readers I have left!

I was going to write an update today but I realized I didn't upload the pictures of our last day to photobucket yet. Oops. So I will try to have those uploaded and another post up by the end of the week.

The Disney fams were announced for 2011 and I really want to go! There's one in March and one in September. I'm hoping to do the one in September. That'll be my excuse for a Disney 2011 vacation :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Looking forward to the new post!!

Crossing my fingers for a September '11 trip!! :woohoo:

Have a great Turkey Day!

Looking forward to the new post!!

Crossing my fingers for a September '11 trip!! :woohoo:

Have a great Turkey Day!

I think you're the only one who still keeps up with my TR :)

I'm hoping that if I do get to go on the Sept 2011 fam, I can add a few extra days on. I've heard they work you hard on that fam and I'll need a couple days to relax! :cool2:

You too!

I'm still reading...I just haven't been posting lately.

I hope you get your Sept 2011 trip! I'm going to keep pushing for a 2011 trip, but my DH says no. :sad1: I keep reminding him that there is free dining next Aug/Sept and that would be perfect....but still no.

I'm still reading...I just haven't been posting lately.

I hope you get your Sept 2011 trip! I'm going to keep pushing for a 2011 trip, but my DH says no. :sad1: I keep reminding him that there is free dining next Aug/Sept and that would be perfect....but still no.

Oh yay, hi Meghan! :)

I hope DH changes his mind and you get to go in 2011. If I don't get into this fam, I won't be back until the end of 2012. :( Hey, since your a disney specialist and registered with DTA, can't you apply for the fam?? Something to think about ;)

:rotfl:i resorted to the Disboards to keep me sane at work girl and when i saw your green light lit where it shows if the diser is on or not im like she read my mind! i came on the Disboards as well! hahaha

I'm all caught up on your thread.. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter