"I want my soup!" An October 2010 Trip Report UPDATED 7/9 2012 PTR STARTED!

OH my gosh!! I'm so sorry!! I hadn't even known you started yet!!!! But I'm all caught up now thanks to your fabulous chapter links!! :goodvibes

Let me start off by saying you're really pretty and I love your eyes. haha. I was thinking that in all your pics.

Your days look so great. How are you already starting day 3? You better not pass me up!!

We HAVE to go to Jelly Rolls on our "Boy Bands Never Even Went Out of Style...You Went Out of Style, Hater!" trip. I'm just dying to go there. (Watch them go on tour and be in Orlando like 2 weeks before my 21st birthday...I'd be livid!! Haha.)

Oh and I must say...reading your tr was literally magical. I felt like I was actually there because I could literally SMELL popcorn as I was reading. And then I noticed my dad made some. :rotfl:

I was wondering where you were!!!

Thank you for the compliments :) You're so sweet.

I'll be away for work next week (back in Florida!) so I'm trying to get as much as the TR done as possible before I go away again. It's all fresh in my mind right now and then I'm gonna go to Sea World & Busch Gardens and probably get it all mixed up. :laughing:

:lmao: I love the name of our trip! I don't know what's going on with the tour. No one has confirmed it, Donnie Wahlberg has denied it, but it's probably because it wasn't announced on their terms. We'll see what happens I guess. I don't know how he's gonna tour and film his new show. He's on some cop drama now that I don't watch. :rolleyes1

Maybe your dad got the idea to make popcorn from my TR. Did he see that picture of the popcorn? :rotfl:

I totally agree that the AK parade is poorly planned out!! It's also dangerous for me to walk through those stores! :laughing:

Oooh, your snacks and drinks sound good! I love orange creamsicles! How nice Annemarie was staying so close to you! Funny how that stuff happens sometimes.

Woohoo!! You got the giant pineapple! I'm so glad you guys got a table near the Chef! I LOVE sitting near the chefs station in restaurants, so cool! I'm so happy you loved it and had a great dinner! Ohana is the best!

Cute group shot at Jellyrolls! And I love your sister's picture "attitude" picture! :rotfl2:
SO glad you posted your singing/rockin out pictures!! You guys are so funny! Love it!!!

And thank goodness we got some NKOTB in there! Wouldn't have been a proper birthday without it!

EPCOT Day 3:
:rotfl: I love Kris in the leopard ears. He pulls them off so well!

What cute pictures of POP! They just got me really excited- we check in this Friday!! I'm hoping for the 50s building now even more than before since it's purple! :woohoo:
Can't wait to read more!! I'm getting so anxious for your WWoHP post!

your pictures of pop brought me right back. I can picture myself walking to the left of Mowgli, making another left, and there was our room.

I want to go back so bad!!!

I totally agree that the AK parade is poorly planned out!! It's also dangerous for me to walk through those stores! :laughing:

Oooh, your snacks and drinks sound good! I love orange creamsicles! How nice Annemarie was staying so close to you! Funny how that stuff happens sometimes.

Woohoo!! You got the giant pineapple! I'm so glad you guys got a table near the Chef! I LOVE sitting near the chefs station in restaurants, so cool! I'm so happy you loved it and had a great dinner! Ohana is the best!

Cute group shot at Jellyrolls! And I love your sister's picture "attitude" picture! :rotfl2:
SO glad you posted your singing/rockin out pictures!! You guys are so funny! Love it!!!

And thank goodness we got some NKOTB in there! Wouldn't have been a proper birthday without it!

EPCOT Day 3:
:rotfl: I love Kris in the leopard ears. He pulls them off so well!

What cute pictures of POP! They just got me really excited- we check in this Friday!! I'm hoping for the 50s building now even more than before since it's purple! :woohoo:
Can't wait to read more!! I'm getting so anxious for your WWoHP post!

The AK route is the worst!!! I guess it's because Discovery Island is a small area and you can't really leave that part of the park if you're trying to get toward the exit. It doesn't work!

I love the giant pineapple. :rotfl:

We had so much fun at Jellyrolls! I need to go back there next trip.

Have fun at Pop and on your Disney vacation. Stop by the World Marriott near DTD and say hello! :) I'll be there this weekend for my fam.

WWoHP post probably won't be up until I get back!

your pictures of pop brought me right back. I can picture myself walking to the left of Mowgli, making another left, and there was our room.

I want to go back so bad!!!

Me too!!! I think what's getting me through my Disney blues right now is that I'm going back to Orlando for work on Wednesday. But after that, who knows when I'll return?? :(

LOVING YOUR TRIP REPORT!:lovestruc YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE! I JUST GOT BACK LAST WEEK AND YOUR TRIP REPORT HAS HELPED ME "COPE" WITH THE "I'M SO DEPRESSED MY TRIP IS OVER, WHEN CAN I GO AGAIN FEELING".:laughing: LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING ALL ABOUT EPCOT!

LOVING YOUR TRIP REPORT!:lovestruc YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE! I JUST GOT BACK LAST WEEK AND YOUR TRIP REPORT HAS HELPED ME "COPE" WITH THE "I'M SO DEPRESSED MY TRIP IS OVER, WHEN CAN I GO AGAIN FEELING".:laughing: LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING ALL ABOUT EPCOT!

Hi, welcome!

Thank you :goodvibes I can't wait to go again but it probably won't be for a couple years. I know next year when the 2012 rates come out, I'm booking the day of. :rotfl: And I will probably start that PTR way too early to help the time pass. :)

:scared1: I don't think I can make it that long! :lmao:

Have a great time!! :hug:

Thanks!

I'm going to try and get Epcot Day done within the next couple days. I tried updating before but photobucket was going really slow (our work computers are not the best) so it'll have to wait until I get home.

Hey girl! I'm here!:) I just subscribed:) Nice start.. I love all the pics and from the looks of it so far you guys had a great time..that pic from the plane window was soo beautiful!

Gotta love POP! I was in the 50's building back in May.. to bad they didnt give you the king bed as requested.. I forget how many total rooms even have king beds versus 2 doubles...

ahh 15 minutes left in work:yay:..

ooo ! i almost forgot to ask.. what camera did you use for your pictures they came out so clear..

Hey girl! I'm here!:) I just subscribed:) Nice start.. I love all the pics and from the looks of it so far you guys had a great time..that pic from the plane window was soo beautiful!

Gotta love POP! I was in the 50's building back in May.. to bad they didnt give you the king bed as requested.. I forget how many total rooms even have king beds versus 2 doubles...

ahh 15 minutes left in work:yay:..

ooo ! i almost forgot to ask.. what camera did you use for your pictures they came out so clear..

Hi Katie!!

They put everybody in the 50s building! You're like the 5th person in the past two weeks to say they were in the 50s section. Do they put all the DISers there??

It was a simple point and shoot Samsung. I think the model is SL50. The color of the pictures turn out extremely well but it doesn't work great in the dark.

I left off with us about to catch the bus to Epcot. We didn't have to wait long and were inside the park by 12:30.

68453_10150098400929688_833839687_7441291_3451137_n.jpg

Our first stop was the Land pavilion. We needed to get fastpasses for Soarin! Our return time was between 6 & 7 so we had plenty of time to do other things. We decided to head next door to:

SAM_0163.jpg

Mine, mine! I love the seagulls lol

SAM_0164.jpg

It was only about a 5-10 minute wait and everyone thought it was really cute. We spent a little time wandering around the aquarium afterward and Adam got a cool shot of one of the rays.

69168_10150098402834688_833839687_7441349_4233219_n.jpg

I love watching the dolphins swim around, they always look like they're having so much fun! And I find the manitees adorable, chomping on their lettuce. :goodvibes

We also stopped in the Nemo room to check out the fish in there. My favorite, Dory!

33715_10150098403849688_833839687_7441366_2270049_n.jpg

I really need to get that shirt they sell in the gift shop that has a picture of Dory on it and says 'I forgot where I got this tshirt.' :laughing:

After Nemo, we headed over to the Imagination building. We had a little purple dragon to visit! Journey Into the Imagination is almost always walk-on. It's not a must-do for me but since it's always walk-on, why skip it? I wonder if they're going to eventually do away with it? I don't know why they ever changed the ride!

After visiting Figment, we were about ready for a trip back in time...

SAM_0166.jpg

SAM_0165.jpg

I remembered very little about this attraction. When my parents took me to Disney, we definitely did this but I didn't remember ANY of it. I think it's really cool that they put the attraction back. It's over the top cheesy lol but that's because it's from the 80s. Wasn't everything in the 80s cheesy?

I love this fountain

SAM_0167.jpg

Since we could use our fastpasses again, we decided to go over to Test Track to get them for later. On the way, we stopped and rode Spaceship Earth. I told Kris to make a funny face but...our pictures didn't turn out! :( The end video isn't nearly as fun without your face in it. Everybody else's turned out fine so I'm left thinking maybe Kris did something in the photo that Disney didn't approve of to get us blocked. :laughing:

Our TT fastpass return times were between...6 & 7. Sound familiar? Our Soarin fastpasses were for the same time! Uh ohs! It was going to be one crazy hour!

By this time it was around 3 and everyone was getting a little hungry so we decided to head over to WS for a snack since we had reservations at Biergarten for 4:25. Kim, Adam, and I were really anxious to get over to Poland. I mean, pierogies people, how do you not love them??? Sooo good. Before we went over, we stopped to get a gift card to use at the carts. They were so cute, they were tiny and you could wear it like a bracelet. Plus you could use them anywhere else, not just food and wine. Love it!

I took a few pictures here and there before we started our tour around WS.

SAM_0168.jpg

SAM_0169.jpg

SAM_0172.jpg

SAM_0174.jpg

SAM_0175.jpg

We made a quick stop in Mexico for margaritas and continued past Norway to find the Poland cart. Ta-da!

SAM_0176.jpg

You can see the gift card bracelet on my sister there. The pierogies were awesome, as expected. Everyone loved them!

I commented to Alex how I wanted a hat from China, like the kind the guy wears in Mortal Kombat (as I attempted to do the moves from the video game). He said 'like the one your boyfriend has on over there?' I love this picture. :lmao: The people working the pavilion probably wanted to smack us.

SAM_0177.jpg

SAM_0178.jpg

We went into the Germany gift shop to browse before our ADR. They hadn't opened for dinner yet so we had a few minutes to kill before we got in line to check-in. I want this hat.

SAM_0179.jpg

And would anyone like to lend me $37,500?

SAM_0180.jpg

I think I pull this off nicely.

SAM_0181.jpg

Kris and Alex ended up buying beer steins. Well, Alex did. That thing was huge! Kris bought two glasses that looked like boots for him and his roommate. They use them when they watch football lol. They were huge too! How much beer do Germans drink?? haha. Kris also got me Mickey earrings from here since I lost the pair I bought last year. This is my third pair of Mickey earrings! I go through those things like nobody's business!

After our little shopping spree, it was time for our ADR at Biergarten! We would love it? Stay tuned...

I have no idea how I missed the start of your TR! :guilty:

I'm here now! And all caught up!

Edit: So I posted that as you were posting this last update. Now I really am caught up! Geoff & I went around the shop in Germany and I pointed out the tiaras, I told him I'd wear one for the wedding. But I picked the biggest I could find :laughing:

I am truly enjoying your TR! I love how you add everything needed to make a good "read" without having it too involved. Perfection! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to future posts. :surfweb: Your group looked like you got along great and had a terrific time. Disney Magic! :wizard:

Love the EPCOT update so far, can't wait for more!

As for your question about how much beer Germans can drink... A LOT! We lived there for almost 6 years and I was always amazed that by the time I finished my huge beer I would be pretty tipsy but the Germans just kept them coming!:rotfl2:

And I really have no idea how any one can work in the China pavillion. It seems that people are always playing with the merchandise there. We always have to play with the little plates and sticks. Good thing they are plastic! Love the picture of Kris in the hat... so cute!

I have no idea how I missed the start of your TR! :guilty:

I'm here now! And all caught up!

Edit: So I posted that as you were posting this last update. Now I really am caught up! Geoff & I went around the shop in Germany and I pointed out the tiaras, I told him I'd wear one for the wedding. But I picked the biggest I could find :laughing:

You're here now and all caught up so no worries! :goodvibes

I just picked a tiara at random lol. Do you have a picture of this tiara you picked out?? :laughing:

I am truly enjoying your TR! I love how you add everything needed to make a good "read" without having it too involved. Perfection! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to future posts. :surfweb: Your group looked like you got along great and had a terrific time. Disney Magic! :wizard:

Hi and welcome! Thank you!

We got along pretty well for the most part. There were a couple of disagreements here and there but that's to be expected. It's tough to please everyone!

Love the EPCOT update so far, can't wait for more!

As for your question about how much beer Germans can drink... A LOT! We lived there for almost 6 years and I was always amazed that by the time I finished my huge beer I would be pretty tipsy but the Germans just kept them coming!:rotfl2:

And I really have no idea how any one can work in the China pavillion. It seems that people are always playing with the merchandise there. We always have to play with the little plates and sticks. Good thing they are plastic! Love the picture of Kris in the hat... so cute!

All those steins and huge beer glasses, just :scared1: After one, I'd be on the floor.

I saw about twenty people with those panda umbrellas from China. That must be the most popular merchandise spot in WS! I need to buy one of those hats next time I'm there but I think Kris pulls it off better than I ever could. :rotfl:

I left you with us leaving the gift shop with our purchases and heading over to...

67733_10150098412779688_833839687_7441578_7355490_n.jpg

Biergarten!

Our ADR was for 4:25 and there was a little bit of a line to check-in but it moved quickly. The German girl that checked us in was so cute, I loved her accent! She wished me a Happy Birthday (I still had my pin on) and I love the way she said it. I love that the people who work in the pavilions are actually from that specific country.

We waited about 10 or 15 minutes. At this point, Adam was getting on my nerves a little bit because he kept pointing out other people who were being seated instead of us. Dude, chill. It's not like we waited an hour. Our little pager went off and we were sat front and center of the stage with a couple and their daughter. Our server was fabulous, he also had that awesome accent, and he just rocked in general. :thumbsup2 Not long after we ordered our drinks and helped ourselves to some food, the band started to play.

69051_437437247943_620842943_5320314_5845864_n.jpg

My sister is so going to kill me for posting this....:lmao:

69495_437437322943_620842943_5320317_7967124_n.jpg

68590_437437482943_620842943_5320321_4511057_n.jpg

He played the bells, it was AWESOME!

66897_437437522943_620842943_5320323_3134682_n.jpg

68742_437437677943_620842943_5320329_1602480_n.jpg

68170_437437777943_620842943_5320332_7362795_n.jpg

Did we like Biergarten? YES! The food was awesome and the band was very entertaining. You could even dance if you wanted to. We didn't because we were too busy stuffing our faces, as evidenced by my sister's picture, but watching the little kids try to polka with their parents was adorable. I highly recommend Biergarten!

After Biergarten, it was time to hightail it over to Soarin. I was worried we'd have to wait in the FP line (it happens sometimes) but we were on within 5-10 minutes. We got the back row off to the right side. My favorite part of that ride is when you smell the oranges!

After that, we headed over to Test Track with a quick stop at Club Cool. Adam actually WANTED to try Beverly. Uck. He actually liked it too. I like the Mexican one, I forget what it's called. It tastes like sparkling cider. It was at this point that Kris started to get on my nerves. He said I was doing everything everyone else wanted to do but not what he wanted to do. What he wanted to do was stop and look in all the gift shops. I explained to him that we didn't have time for that right now because our fastpasses for both rides were within the same hour but he just kind of pouted and said he wasn't having fun because everything was so scheduled. :rolleyes: We barely spoke as we waited to board TT but I still had fun because that is one of my favorite rides in all of WDW.

After TT, Alex took off. He was tired/hungover and we had a super long day tomorrow and he wanted to rest for awhile. So he headed back to Pop. I figured Kris was only upset because we hadn't had a lot of time alone together so I told him we could walk over to ESPN Zone. He had mentioned wanting to look in the gift shop when we passed it the night before. So we split up. Kris ended up buying two shirts, both football related, and spent about a half hour looking around in there. Since he loves ice cream, I suggested we go over to Beaches n Cream afterward. We were seated at the counter and each ordered sundaes which were HUGE. In retrospect, we could've split one easily. I got the No Way Jose and he got a cookies & cream sundae. I think that made Kris fall in love with Beach Club. :rotfl: He asked if we could stay there next time.

After ESPN and ice cream, we headed back over to meet up with Adam and Kim again. Kris was in a much better mood, thankfully. I think he just wanted some time for us to do something together, just the two of us. Anyway, Kim and Adam had walked around taking pictures, sampling some F&W stuff, and saw Sugar Ray at the Eat to the Beat stage. Adam got some great video of Sugar Ray but I don't have it to post unfortunately :( I used to love Sugar Ray. Had a huge crush on Mark McGrath when I was like 17. :rolleyes1

Blurry, but there he is, courtesy of Adam.

66926_10150098415479688_833839687_7441652_7757770_n.jpg

It was getting close to Illuminations time, which I knew Adam really wanted to see because he'd only been asking me since 4 if we could stay to see it. :rolleyes: We wandered around the countries until it was time for Illuminations to start. I'm not one of those people that stakes out a spot 45 prior, sorry.

We ended up over in England because I mentioned the Beatles cover band they have playing sometimes (the name escapes me) but they were done for the night. We went in the gift shop in England and I spotted a U2 shirt. My sister bought it, of course! Hey, wait a minute. They're from Ireland. :confused: :laughing:

Here's a picture of my sister and a "beatle." They sell those wigs in there!

69405_437437877943_620842943_5320335_6748804_n.jpg

London calling....

33461_437437937943_620842943_5320337_2401869_n.jpg

We ended up in between England and Canada to watch Illuminations, right where one of the cannons is that shoots up fireworks around the perimiter during the show. That surprised me when it went off the first time lol. I'm not a huge fan of Illuminations but I hadn't seen the show in a few years. I ended up enjoying it more than I remembered. Sadly, neither Adam or I took pictures. We were just enjoying the show.

Epcot had EMH that night until midnight so I assumed F&W would be extended too. I had been going on and on about how I wanted cheddar cheese soup from the Montreal cart since before we even got on the plane. I ran over to the cart...

CLOSED! :scared1: WHAT?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU?? Curses Epcot! So I learned that F&W is not part of EMH.

"I want my soup!" became my mantra over the next few days and also, the title of this TR. Will I ever get my soup? You'll have to keep reading!

After Illuminations, we headed back over to Pop Century. We got in at a fairly normal time for once! Good thing too because tomorrow was a BIG day! The most anticipated day of the trip by far and it had nothing to do with Disney...

Hi guys! This TR will be on a little bit of a hiatus until next week. I'm going back to Florida :woohoo: for work this time. I get to tour Busch Gardens Tampa and the Sea World parks with a group of TAs. I'm so excited! I leave bright and early tomorrow morning and come back Sunday afternoon. I'll continue with the TR once I get back. I"ll probably have a mini-TR within this TR of my work trip :) See you all next week!

I love the display in front of the ball for the F&WF!

I really miss the old Figment ride.. I find the new one to be a little bit annoying but still go on it every time. :laughing:

The Chinese version of Kris is great! ;) and girl, you work that tiara!!

So glad you guys liked Biergarten!!

You saw Sugar Ray!! I'm jealous! I loved them!

You need to tell your sister how funny she is! I absolutely love all of her pictures!

I hope you got that soup. Seriously. It wouldn't be a F&WF if you didn't..

AHHH!! THE BIG DAY!!! SO READY!!

While I anxiously await your HP post, have a great time at Sea World and Busch Gardens! We get back on the same day, so I'll be ready to read!! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter