• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want my magic band+

That’s the day I make my ADR’s - ugh I’ll be going crazy that morning! I have a bad feeling these will sell out fast.

If there not one PP in person shopping they will just end up on eBay !

but as chief where my magic band + moaner finally we get them yay

3 days before my arrive window ends so even better discount for me !

They absolutely need to limit to one per person or per party member as loaded in MDE. That could help.
100% agree. I have no idea why they don't do this for all of their highly anticipated merch releases. They put up "2 of each item per person" signs in stores but that rule is never enforced.

Once again Disney dropped the ball? Come on man- normally I'm just amused by this stuff, but this one is just beyond ridiculous. You're GOING TO BE THERE when they roll out!!! No one is luckier than you! STOP!
I completely agree with you. He is super lucky, yet is always looking for the Charlie Brown storm-cloud in the middle of a sunny day.

He's assuming the WORST - that he won't be able to find any. Of course, if his hotel has 24 of the 25 available bands in stock and available for him to purchase, he sounds like the type of person who will be upset that the 'one band he wanted', he can't get, and will call the whole thing a failure.

I completely agree with you. He is super lucky, yet is always looking for the Charlie Brown storm-cloud in the middle of a sunny day.

He's assuming the WORST - that he won't be able to find any. Of course, if his hotel has 24 of the 25 available bands in stock and available for him to purchase, he sounds like the type of person who will be upset that the 'one band he wanted', he can't get, and will call the whole thing a failure.
Way to make up a bunch of hypotheticals about me based on 2 sentences. You act like theres no evidence Disney has sold out of highly anticipated merch with people bringing BAGS full out even though there was a supposed minimum. It happens all the time.

Did I ask for them to bring out a magic band on a silver platter? Maybe I typed it wrong. I literally suggested they do what they did for years, have a band available for a resort guest arriving on the 27th or after that couldn’t reserve one. But instead of that they know these will sell so they rather throw them all into the air and let it be a free for all out of the gate.

I literally suggested they do what they did for years, have a band available for a resort guest arriving on the 27th or after that couldn’t reserve one. But instead of that they know these will sell so they rather throw them all into the air and let it be a free for all out of the gate.
I agree with you. Resort guests should get priority - starting with people at Walt Disney World on the 27th.

I really, really hope Disney does this, instead of making it a free for all. And I'm with you on the pessimism. I doubt they will stop the e-bay scalpers, even though there are ways to do this.

For example, ONLY allow people staying at Disney hotels to get these first. Have a rolling time frame. Everyone can order these that has a reservation up to 60 days out. When they feel they have enough supply, then start selling them everywhere.

I’m worried about them coming to our house in time for our trip. We arrive 8/12. We will try to preorder 7/27 but my last magic band shiipment was very very slow. They parked somewhere mid shipment and stayed there for awhile before heading to our home. I feel like it took closer to 3 weeks. If millions are ordered how will my shipment come out quickly? But I don’t want to pay full price on the 12th so we will prob try. Idk when we will return but I guess the bands will be good whenever that is. Just sad to miss using them if they arrive after we left. Wish I had the option to have them delivered to Pop anyway.

I already ordered my magic bands for our 8/19 trip:/ Not sure I'll be able to order again. I guess if that doesn't work we'll try to get them there.

Makes sense that they would make the announcement today. I purchased our Magic Bands yesterday for our trip in August. Glad I only purchased the $10 version. Now I’m hoping our luck stays the same. I purchased Covid tests for our cruise next month today. Hoping I’m wasting my money with that purchase as well.

100% agree. I have no idea why they don't do this for all of their highly anticipated merch releases. They put up "2 of each item per person" signs in stores but that rule is never enforced.
Ironically, I had it enforced when I wanted to buy 3 of a Winnie the Pooh pin (with the quote about being braver than you think ...). I wanted one for me and my two kids (who weren't with me) and a CM wouldn't budge on the 2 (and so I bought a third at a different store). I'm a rule follower - so I was generally okay with it (but slightly annoyed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter