• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want my magic band+

I suspect that ordering online will come with a wait time of a month or more minimum.

They need to wait because if they drop them online, people will snap them up so fast that the supply will disappear. People who are actually there need them more. I could see an option for resort guests to buy in advance, but not just available to anyone.

They need to wait because if they drop them online, people will snap them up so fast that the supply will disappear. People who are actually there need them more. I could see an option for resort guests to buy in advance, but not just available to anyone.
Agreed. And Disney LOVES to manipulate their supplies of this type of thing when it first comes out.

From my understanding they will drop in parks/resorts, on shopdisney, and for pre-order resort/AP's all on 7/27. I'm a little worried about timing and them selling out.

I wonder if I can order again.. I already ordered our magic bands for our August trip:/
I wish there was an answer to this. I literally finally broke down and ordered regular bands yesterday for our September trip and now these are coming out. I feel like I wasted that pre-arrival discount now :-(

I wish there was an answer to this. I literally finally broke down and ordered regular bands yesterday for our September trip and now these are coming out. I feel like I wasted that pre-arrival discount now :-(
Can you edit it since you just ordered? I wonder if there is a way.

do you already have a Disney resort reservation active? if yes, you will have way better luck to snag one than going to shopdisney.com.
Yes! I've been holding off ordering hoping they will release MB+ soon. Although, I think anyone with a confirmed reservation will be able to order that way, even if their reservation is a year away.... So that will mean more competition too.

Yes! I've been holding off ordering hoping they will release MB+ soon. Although, I think anyone with a confirmed reservation will be able to order that way, even if their reservation is a year away.... So that will mean more competition too.
still, we are talking about a few thousand resort guests vs several thousands on shopdisney(plus scalpers that will sell on ebay)

I suspect that ordering online will come with a wait time of a month or more minimum.
We'll see what happens, but I strongly suspect that the reason this was delayed was due to supply chain issues. Knowing that, and knowing how much people have been asking about this, I'm hoping that they're confident about their supply now. Hasn't the supply of regular MBs been decreasing? Signs seem to be pointing to a transition to MB+, with maybe some basic, cheaper MBs for people who prefer those.

Ugh I’m arriving on July 27th and I’m assuming I’m going to have to fight resellers to even have a shot at this. Once again Disney dropped the ball, they should have offered this to guests staying on the 27th or after and it would have been waiting at the resort for them.

Ugh I’m arriving on July 27th and I’m assuming I’m going to have to fight resellers to even have a shot at this. Once again Disney dropped the ball, they should have offered this to guests staying on the 27th or after and it would have been waiting at the resort for them.
Once again Disney dropped the ball? Come on man- normally I'm just amused by this stuff, but this one is just beyond ridiculous. You're GOING TO BE THERE when they roll out!!! No one is luckier than you! STOP!

Once again Disney dropped the ball? Come on man- normally I'm just amused by this stuff, but this one is just beyond ridiculous. You're GOING TO BE THERE when they roll out!!! No one is luckier than you! STOP!
I’m arriving later that day, not when the stores open. If they have enough supply that’s great but like any new drop, there will probably be a line of people with no minimums so they can throw it on EBay and it will sell out in minutes.

Yeah, but they are assuming that there will be huge lines fo rthese thigns that morning - which is likely - and they will be sold out. Now, maybe Disney has just a TON of these ready to go, but somehow I doubt it. The resellers will snap them up leaving actual visitors in the lurch. Hopefully the resort gift shops actually get plenty as those are a bit more closed off to the scalpers.

I’m arriving later that day, not when the stores open. If they have enough supply that’s great but like any new drop, there will probably be a line of people with no minimums so they can throw it on EBay and it will sell out in minutes.
There is no way for them to do this that will please everyone. None.

They absolutely need to limit to one per person or per party member as loaded in MDE. That could help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter