I waited too long :(

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by PrincessEmilysMommy, Nov 25, 2009.

1. PrincessEmilysMommy

PrincessEmilysMommy Mouseketeer

I had planned on upgrading our resort to the Contemporary, but got busy & forgot to actually call. I called today & they're sold out. :(

What are the chances of a cancellation before next Wednesday?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

I can't imagine too many people will be canceling their trip a week away...but it could happen I guess. I definately wouldn't plan on it though. :sad2:sorry. Are there any other resorts available that you would consider? :confused3 I think with the pre-holiday crowds, free dining, Xmas parade taping on the 5th, all have the resorts pretty much booked up. Good luck!

4. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

I am not sure what the chances would be so I don't want to even guess a number. However my only advice is to keep looking online and maybe you will find a room, plus if you were to call each day 7:00 AM that's when cancelled reservations go back into the system and could be a good chance to find one.

5. sherry8253

sherry8253 <font color=blue>The TF hopes to brighten your day

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think you can cancel room only bookings can cancel up to 5 days before check-in without penalty. If cancelled bookings don't go back into the system until the next morning, I would be sure to call 4 days before you are going to check in. Good luck. We stayed at the CR last Dec and loved it there.

6. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

With the parade taping, those dates have been soldout for awhile so don't beat yourself up.

7. disneyfan55

disneyfan55 DIS Veteran

Anthing can happen. It can't hurt to call. We were trying to book a second room on our PIN in MAY and called for about a month before the first day of stay. No additional rooms were available. About a week before the first day, I called and there was a room-a preferred room. I booked it. The first room was a standard room and I just kept it that way. When we arrived, we were in 2 preferred rooms!!! No extra charge. It was odd that all the preferred rooms came up a week before. (I could have changed mine and paid more, but didn't-just ended up with it upon arrival)

8. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

I think Slim left town.

9. amccu18007

amccu18007 DIS Veteran

JUst wanted to say Good luck! I hope that you get the room that you want!