• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I turned down a Free trip to WDW!!

JoiseyMom

<font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??
My mil has a time share week she has to use. She at first wanted to take them at the end of June..but they have camp. I told her to do the week before...missing the last few days of school doesn't really matter. Well she booked spring break in April. That isn't so bad...it would be crowded..but we have done Xmas..so ok. Well then she tells me that the men would stay home, that they probably wouldn't want to go and they can take care of the pets. Well..I know my fil wouldn't want to go..but my DH her DS, would! But the killer was..she wanted me and her to DRIVE with the kids! OMG!!!

Now...we did this once before..we drove down during Jersey week one year. Her, DH, me and the kids. It was a DISASTER!! MIL was not a happy camper in the car. She booked us the autotrain going home!! And yet she wants to do it again :confused3 ??

She said I had 24 hours to tell her to cancel or not. Well I cancelled. I would LOVE to go to WDW with the kids...but I want to go with DH too, and I do not want to DRIVE!!!

Too Funny I thought I was the only one turning down trips to WDW!! My family wants to do a magical gatherings next year, and room, and tickets will be paid, but there is no way I can afford the airplane tickets (for 5) or the food and extras. Well, ok, I could pay for it, but at the expense of getting our savings back up after Christmas and unexpected medical expenses. Im the downer in our family, and I really truely hope they go without us, but I doubt they will. To be honest, a trip with 18 other people with kids from 18-4 just doesnt sound like that much fun too me. :confused3

It ain't free, if there are strings attached. I would have paid someone to drive my MIL! (or paid her airfare) LOL!

I'm sorry you have to miss out on your trip, but I agree with you completely.

Of course, OTOH, my MIL could offer to put me up on concierge level at the Grand Floridian, and I still wouldn't go with her...:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

Wow! I'd go and go with my MIL in a heartbeat! Love her to bits. Sympathies to those of you who don't have that kind of relationship with your MILs.

Of course, OTOH, my MIL could offer to put me up on concierge level at the Grand Floridian, and I still wouldn't go with her...:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

We must have the same MIL. There is no way I could go on vacation with my MIL. I would hear about "how she paid for my vacation" for the next 20 years. The 8 hour drive with her and 2 kids would be bad enough. The kids travel well, MIL is different story. :eek:

Wow! I'd go and go with my MIL in a heartbeat! Love her to bits. Sympathies to those of you who don't have that kind of relationship with your MILs.

I love mine too, but one of the reasons I do is that she would never suggest taking a trip to WDW with out my dh.

LOL...your repsonses are awesome!! I have to say...if MIL said we would fly, I would have gone!! I have a pretty good relationship with mil..yes, there are things she does that DRIVEs me CRAZY!!! But she loves my kids to pieces..and she does at times mind her own buisness (well not often). She lives really close, and she means well. She took the kids last year to Mass. We coulda gone but decided to stay home alone!!

LOL, I'm w/ you on that one, i would have to destroy my MIL , :rotfl:

I would have cancelled too. There's no way I would drive to WDW. If I can't fly I wouldn't go.

My DH wont fly and I live 13 hours from Disney. So if we go to Disney we have to drive. its the only way we can go. And I would go anywhere with my MIL. Shes the best.

My mil has a time share week she has to use. She at first wanted to take them at the end of June..but they have camp. I told her to do the week before...missing the last few days of school doesn't really matter. Well she booked spring break in April. That isn't so bad...it would be crowded..but we have done Xmas..so ok. Well then she tells me that the men would stay home, that they probably wouldn't want to go and they can take care of the pets. Well..I know my fil wouldn't want to go..but my DH her DS, would! But the killer was..she wanted me and her to DRIVE with the kids! OMG!!!

Now...we did this once before..we drove down during Jersey week one year. Her, DH, me and the kids. It was a DISASTER!! MIL was not a happy camper in the car. She booked us the autotrain going home!! And yet she wants to do it again :confused3 ??

She said I had 24 hours to tell her to cancel or not. Well I cancelled. I would LOVE to go to WDW with the kids...but I want to go with DH too, and I do not want to DRIVE!!!

YOU'RE A SMART LADY! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter