I truly apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

normr

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

I want to apologize for not being able to deal with my rental post, tonight was the first time I've had any time to get on the computer and come here, my mom had a stroke and I've been the sole person caring for her in addition to everything else in my life.

Thanks,

It's just amazing this whole health care issue and how the insurance companies and HMO's are screwing everyone, my mom got maybe a dozen home health care visits from her HMO and then that's it, and now I'm fighting for speech therapy, you know what, we're all screwed when we get older, cause if you're not rich or at the poverty level it's all on your shoulders.

Dr. Kevorkian was right,

After my mother's aneurysm and dealing with insurance, you realize that they don't really work for you or to help you. it's a fight the whole way. We were fighting to cover therapy in the nursing home since the therapists there said she was stuck so they cut her off. If she's stuck, then you need to be more aggressive, not cut her off. Nursing homes don't work for you either, despite the $20,000 a month to be there and that's minimum at a sucky place.

Sorry you are going through this and I feel your pain. going through similar right now and it messes with your whole life.

I do improvement for a living for companies. The biggest way to improve things is to eliminate was. I was just thinking this moring what a waste insurance companies really are. They provide no value to customers (the patients). So much of the cost of health care is lost to insurance.

It would be as if to make your disney reservations and pay your bill, it took 3 days work time and over 4 weeks to get done. Disney would go out of business.

I can certainly empathize with what you are going through. I had a very similar situation with my mom. Working on the logistics was a full time job in addition to having to show up to work everyday. I have no love for the heath insurance-industrial complex. I have to agree with Tigger031266: What do insurance companies do besides collect premiums and use loopholes to deny services? You and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,

It's just amazing this whole health care issue and how the insurance companies and HMO's are screwing everyone, my mom got maybe a dozen home health care visits from her HMO and then that's it, and now I'm fighting for speech therapy, you know what, we're all screwed when we get older, cause if you're not rich or at the poverty level it's all on your shoulders.

Dr. Kevorkian was right,

:hug: I hope things get better for you. It is a very difficult situation.

Just seen this and realised that around the time your mom had her stroke, my mom had a serious car accident. It has been life changing for both of us! Since that time, my father (her husband) was diagnosed with cancer during mom's recovery, and passed away a few short weeks after she retuned home after rehabilitation. Mom was dad's full time caregiver and that became my responcibility, along with a full time job. It gave me an oppurtunity to become closer with my dad than I had been since before I was married. I'll forever cherish those few short months! Dad was a Veteran, and I can't say enough about the help and support that they provided to us and for my father. It was MUCH different than what we went thru for mom who just had Medicare!

All that being said, I just wanted to check in and see how your mom is doing and send positive thoughts. It's so easy for the folks around you to realise the changes, and every day life is very different than before.

The sandwich generation is truely a change in life.

Thanks,

Dr. Kevorkian was right,

I totally, 100% agree with you!

:grouphug:

This thread was originally started in August, 2011. The DIS does not allow political discussions where this now appears to be headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter