I-Trolley ?'s

tdelano

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to use the I trolley as much as possible on our upcoming trip. We will be staying at a Universal hotel and I do not see it on the I trolley map that I just received. Does anyone know where Universal is on the map and if there is a stop within easy walking distance?
Any other I-trolley tips apprecitated!
Thanks!

tdelano, you are not terribly well placed at Universal for the I-Ride. The Universal hotels are all situated off Universal Boulevard, and you either need to walk across the I4 bridge of Universal Boulevard to International Drive to pick up the Trolley by Skull Kingdom, or take the back route and cross Kirkman Road at Major Blvd to the Radisson Hotel. Either way, it is a bit of a hike, I'm afraid.

Check out their website map here:

http://www.iridetrolley.com/directory/map.htm

thank you SimonV for your response.. I have the map and located Skull Kingdom on it. Could you tell me where the Universal hotels are in relation to Skull Kingdom? Is the bridge you mention made for walking or is it a highway bridge for cars? Could you tell me how much of a hike it would be? My husband HATES to drive in cities he is not familar with so I was really hoping we could use the trolley to eliminate some stress! Would it be possible to park somewhere and ride? One of our very favorite things about a Disney vacation is never once having to get back in the car! this trip we are doing Universal and some other area attractions and I don't want the driving around aspect of this vacation to ruin it!!!

Thanks for your help!

how long is your stay Universal/IOA plus City Walk could easily eat up 4 days.

I won't stay at the Universal hotels unless I was spending the majority of time at US.

there are much cheaper places to stay.

You might call the hotel that you are staying at and ask about their transportation - I think they had a bus that stopped there for Seaworld and Wet Wild - because of those tickets. If not I am pretty sure you can catch one somewhere around the parks.

if all else fails - but I really think the US hotels have a bus to Wet Wild (until they come up with a water park)

http://www.golynx.com/fares/body_linklist.cfm

boy I don't know where my mind is - that is a board on this site for Universal hotels - go there and ask - the Universal hotels have a pretty solid following

It depends which Universal hotel you are at, to be honest. Portofino and Hard Rock are nearest the Major Boulevard junction, while the Royal Pacific is closer to the I4 link. However, I can't for the life of me remember if there is a walkway across the bridge. I think it's unlikely as it is such a main road. But I'm pretty sure you could use the hotel shuttle to Wet n Wild and catch the trolley from there.

I have made the trek from the closest trolley stop to universal and I would not recommend it. It was approximately 2 miles walking on the sidewalk along a busy 4 lane road. If you can get a shuttle from the Universal Hotels to the outlets or Wet and Wild you can hop the trolley. I really enjoyed the trolley and it was one time and nice to ride. I just wouldn't wanna walk from universal to the trolley more than once.

Enjoy,
Charlie

We have walked both directions, from Rodeway Inn, International Drive and back again. There is a footpath over the bridge. A pleasant walk if you don't hurry, and if its not blazing hot!! However, when we said to the receptionist at the hotel that we had walked to Universal, he was astounded!! He didn't even know how far it was.

There is also a Lynx bus which goes to Universal from near Wet n Wild, not International Drive, but just round the corner.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter