I traded my stroller for a wheelchair...A mom & daughter trip to WDW

princess&her4princes

DIS Veteran
Hi and welcome to my TR!!!:cutie:

Let me introduce myself if you haven't "met" me before, my name is Kristen, I'm a 36 Disney addict and have had 8 trips to the World to date.

The details of the trip?
September 14-18, 2009 at POP Century

Why?
To celebrate my Mom's 60th birthday!

Who?
My Mom and my sister, Jodi

Jodi and I decided to surprise my Mom with a trip to Disney World for her 60th birthday, not only was it exciting to be going back to WDW together but it was a big surprise to my Mom to spend 5 days alone with us. Jodi lives in SC and Mom & I live in MA, so we only get to see each other maybe once a year and when we do it with husband and kids, so it's not a lot of one on one time together and here we were offering Mom a trip alone with us girls and to one of our favorite places in the world to visit as a family growing up.:cloud9:

Here is a picture from our last trip to WDW together
(Jodi, Mom and me)
Moremarch060.jpg

Jodi was up visiting last February and I invited them all up for lunch one day. Jodi and I had motives..we were surprising Mom! After lunch, we pulled out a special gift bag with all of our goodies.....

Miscdisney007.jpg

and a few of the goodies to surprise her with....
Miscdisney010.jpg

Miscdisney011.jpg

Miscdisney006.jpg

Miscdisney004.jpg

Miscdisney009.jpg

Mom couldn't believe it! A whole 5 days alone with her girls and no interuptions!:cloud9: We just had 7 mos. until the big day and lots of planning to do...stay tuned!

If interested in reading my PTR, please see my signature! Thanks for joining me and hope you enjoy reading about our special trip!!

Hurrah! You've started!! Can't wait to hear all about it! I love how you surprised your mom and am sure that the trip is full of magical moments. :goodvibes Love your TR title too although someone needed a wheelchair? :scared: Was that part of the plan??

Looking forward to more! popcorn::

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it!

Allyson:surfweb:

Hurrah! You've started!! Can't wait to hear all about it! I love how you surprised your mom and am sure that the trip is full of magical moments. :goodvibes Love your TR title too although someone needed a wheelchair? :scared: Was that part of the plan??

Looking forward to more! popcorn::

WOW...you are FAST!:eek: I'm so excited to start and that you're here!!!!!

I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it!

Allyson:surfweb:

YAY! Hi Allyson!!! And away we go!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

:cool1: Yeah you started.

I can't believe how much you look like your mom in that picture. But you must get that all the time.

:cool1: Yeah you started.

I can't believe how much you look like your mom in that picture. But you must get that all the time.

Yay, you're here!!!:banana:

We do/have got that forever....I went to the same high school as my Mom and some of the teachers had her there and without knowing it would ask me if I was her daughter!! Not sure my Dad had anything to do with me...lol!!:laughing:

I'm in!

Can't wait to see all your pictures. I wasn't too happy with our Photopass pictures but I still am going to order the CD.

I'm in!

Can't wait to see all your pictures. I wasn't too happy with our Photopass pictures but I still am going to order the CD.

Hi!!!!:yay:

There will be A LOT of pics, I promise!! I took 600 with my camera and there are 100 plus on photopass AND the GF photo shoot....stay tuned!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Aw! How exciting for your mama to get a surprise like that from her girls! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about it!

And away we go!!!

Mom and I decided since we live an hour from Boston and our flight was at 7 a.m. which meant we needed to be to Logan no later than 5:30ish, it was best to head to Boston the night before.

Mom has timeshare with Marriott, so she found a Courtyard Marriott that was minutes from Logan and she could use her points for our stay. Works for me!:banana: We decided that she would come up about 1ish to my house, say hello to the kids and we'd visit a bit and go on our way. Well, she got here at 1 p.m, I was on the verge of tears and said, we just need to go..I can't stay and visit....I was a BASKETCASE!!!!!! :guilty: For those who are just joining in, this was the 1st time I was leaving my boys for 5 days, the 1st time I was going to our famililies favorite place in the world AND my kids had just started school for the year and my oldest, Ethan, was going through a VERY ROUGH time leaving Mommy all day long. My Mommy guilt was in FULL FORCE the days before my trip and that day, especially. My DH, Todd, encouraged me to get on my way, knowing that we'd all be fine once we left and moved on....he was SO right. So we said our goodbyes and I think by 1:15 we were out of my house and on the road to Boston!

We got to the Courtyard Marriott by 2, checked right in, had a great view and tried to decide what we'd do with ourselves....well, there was NOTHING around there, we didn't know the area well enough to leave and come back...sooo.....we watched some t.v., I read and we just relaxed. It was actually really nice. I apologize for the lack of pics, I wasn't in my DIS mode yet....but promise to make up for that ten fold once we get there!!;)

We had an early dinner in the restaurant at the hotel, read some more and by 10, we had decided to call it a day. We had a wake up call scheduled for 4 a.m!!!! The shuttle to the airport came every 20 minutes so we figured by 5:15 we needed to be out and waiting for the shuttle.

Well, we didn't sleep that great....the air kept coming on and off and very loudly, at 3 a.m kids were knocking at our door (I swear, I was ready to hurt someone!!:eek:) and since I knew that the wake up call would come anytime, I kept shutting my eyes and waking like every 5 minutes....ugh!! :(

Needless to say....the wake up call came WAY too soon but I was going to DISNEY WORLD, so it didn't matter to me!!!:banana:

I jumped up, grabbed a quick shower, woke Mom and by the time she took her shower, I had everything packed up and ready to go. I went and grabbed some coffee while she got ready and by 5:10 or so, we were on our way! We got downstairs and sure enough the shuttle was there waiting for us.

We got to Logan in no time, through security and on our way to our gate by 6 a.m. Plenty of time to stop at Starbucks and grab some breakfast! Mom went to the gift store and grabbed us some Diet Cokes, while I waited in line and grabbed some "make your own" oatmeal that was delish! If you're traveling, you need to check this out! They give you brown sugar, nuts, fruit, cream....yummy! And the same price as a muffin or someting and much more filling!!!popcorn::

We got to our gate with plenty of time, ate a quick breakfast and before we knew it, we were called to board!!!:dance3:

Here is Mom and I in our seats on the way to DISNEY WORLD!!!:woohoo: Just remind yourselves we've been up since 3 a.m. okay, be nice!! LOL!!
Disney2009001.jpg

Jodi had rented a car, couldn't pick it up until 8 a.m. so we were joking about the fact that she was still in bed and we had put in a full day already....and it was only 7 a.m!! And btw, Mom is not a morning person, but she did her best to pretend!!:rotfl:

We figured we'd land by 10:30 at MCO, by the time we got to POP it would be noontime and we'd meet Jodi by 1 or so....stay tuned to see if all went as planned.......

Well, we didn't sleep that great....the air kept coming on and off and very loudly, at 3 a.m kids were knocking at our door (I swear, I was ready to hurt someone!!:eek:) and since I knew that the wake up call would come anytime, I kept shutting my eyes and waking like every 5 minutes....ugh!! :(

COLOR]

:sad2: Oh, I am crossing my fingers you didn't get a Turbo Flush room like we did when we were at POP!:headache: Touring the World not fully rested is :upsidedow!

I am glad leaving the boys went without any drama:cloud9:

I'm sorry it was so tough for you leaving the boys, I was afraid your day would go something like that. :hug:

That stinks you weren't able to get any rest the night before your flight - hopefully you were able to catch a nap on the plane!

Great TR so far!!! A mother/daughter trip sounds like so much!!!! Oh, I can't wait to read more!!!

I like how you mentioned you weren't in DIS mode yet! When I got back from my trip, I had so much trouble getting out of DIS mode! I still wanted to take pictures of everything I was doing!!! It felt so wrong eating meals without getting pictures of them first!

:sad2: Oh, I am crossing my fingers you didn't get a Turbo Flush room like we did when we were at POP!:headache: Touring the World not fully rested is :upsidedow!

I am glad leaving the boys went without any drama:cloud9:

:lmao:Thankfully we did not end up with a turbo flush room like you at Pop,things went very smoothly when we were there, thankfully!!! I felt SO bad for you when I read that!!!:sad2:

I'm sorry it was so tough for you leaving the boys, I was afraid your day would go something like that. :hug:

That stinks you weren't able to get any rest the night before your flight - hopefully you were able to catch a nap on the plane!

Aww, thanks, you knew that was going to happen....it was like my heart was in my throat saying goodbye....and for the record, I did fairly well being without them all week but there will be a few times I welled up with tears....you'll hear all about them!;)

I'm here! Can't wait to read more!

Hi Meghan! Thanks for coming along for the ride! Hoping to update more now...stay tuned!!:goodvibes

Great TR so far!!! A mother/daughter trip sounds like so much!!!! Oh, I can't wait to read more!!!

I like how you mentioned you weren't in DIS mode yet! When I got back from my trip, I had so much trouble getting out of DIS mode! I still wanted to take pictures of everything I was doing!!! It felt so wrong eating meals without getting pictures of them first!

Hi Trickiwoo! Thanks for joining me!!!! A mother/daughter trip was to dream for....it had been A LOT of time so it was sooo special! I hope you enjoy!!

To be completley honest, I was thinking of DIS the whole time we were in Boston, but I think my Mom would have died if I started then...lol! So I had to behave and not be completely out of control...just yet!!:laughing: Trust me, I more than made up for it when we got there.....I have SO MANY pics!! I hope you enjoy them all!!!! And I hear you about when you get home...I'm the same way!!! LOL!!:lmao:

Okay guys, hoping to update today, it will depend on Cole's nap....if not, I'll give it a whirl tonight.....thanks for sticking with me!!!!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter