• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I totally found a product for us women to take to Disney with us.

FYI, urine is sterile. But anyway, where would I wash it? I'd be using my disinfectant wipes if I were out in the woods. But I don't camp, so that's not an issue with me. If I used it in a public restroom, I'd wash it with soap and water at the sink.

Sitting on a public toilet is just down right disgusting to me in any situation and I refuse to do it. I also take my own travel roll of toilet paper in my purse with me where ever I go becuase I refuse to touch a roll of toilet paper that only God knows who has touched before me with their dirty hands. It's only in extreme cases that I go into a public restroom for myself, luckily I can just wait until I'm home. I have a travel potty lid for my 4 year old, and again our own toilet paper/flushable wipes for her to use. Along with my lysol spray to spray off the toilet seat before and after.

You and I are clearly very different people, as we've established this in other threads. ;)

I swear you look for my posts

I personally don't have a use for the device now that I no longer hike. I have no problem with public toilets - this whole squatting business somehow seems silly and neurotic to me. I might wipe if the seat looks nasty but other than that, public rest rooms come under the "life happens" heading in my book.

But back to the topic - the device originated with the military I believe. It is known as an FUD (female urinary device). My best friend deployed to Iraq and had to truck in from Kuwait. Using her Elmer as they called it was infiinitely preferable to squatting in the sand in full public view of the rest of the group. Privacy was non-existent.

Back when I was in the military I would have liked having a FUD. When deployed the bathroom issue was always a difficult one. This would make things simpler.

Who would bother carrying it around Disney (where they have some of the cleaner public restrooms I have been in) is beyond me though.

I personally don't have a use for the device now that I no longer hike. I have no problem with public toilets - this whole squatting business somehow seems silly and neurotic to me. I might wipe if the seat looks nasty but other than that, public rest rooms come under the "life happens" heading in my book.

But back to the topic - the device originated with the military I believe. It is known as an FUD (female urinary device). My best friend deployed to Iraq and had to truck in from Kuwait. Using her Elmer as they called it was infiinitely preferable to squatting in the sand in full public view of the rest of the group. Privacy was non-existent.

Back when I was in the military I would have liked having a FUD. When deployed the bathroom issue was always a difficult one. This would make things simpler.

Who would bother carrying it around Disney (where they have some of the cleaner public restrooms I have been in) is beyond me though.

I was only kidding about taking it with me lol I have no issue with using a public toilet.

Actually for camping that would rock!! But you'd still have to clean it and that's just gross.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be awesome for camping,hunting or fishing! Wouldn't have to worry about squating. The cleaning of it would be an issue. But I think I would rather clean that then have urine running down my leg :crazy2:as I squated in the woods. Which I don't care how careful a woman is when squating it happens time to time.:rolleyes: Also, it would be great for dd 8 she has trouble squating sometimes.

This would have been awesome after my abdominal surgery. However, I can't imagine carrying it around to the mall or disney.

FYI, I e-mailed my friend who was issued her FUD by the military. It comes with a carrying case and special sanitary wipes for cleaning. Then you use hand sanitizer to make sure you have cleaned up your hands. Evidently it is a popular gadget with women deployed to locations where there are no restroom facilities. Beats squatting in the sand is what she said!

I can imagine there's a very practical use for this in extreme situations, i.e. deployment, but otherwise not for me either.

Could you imagine having that bag searched in the security line at the airport??:rotfl2:

My thought is what do you do with it after you use it. You have to clean it before putting it back in your bag. Do you do that in the sink?!?! Eeewwwww

I was wondering the same thing! I mean, I can't see where there might be a market for it for hiking or camping, but who would want to put a "wet" funnel back in their backpack? :rotfl:

I was pg 2 times and I just sat down and I think this is gross esp if you are out in the woods because where would you wash it? I have tried the diva cup and IMO it is gross and not for me.
Me too! I could never pee in the squatting position, I just wipe the seat and sit!
I could see using this for camping, but not in a public restroom. I do not want to see anyone washing that thing (or a Diva cup) in the sink! YUK!

exactly. There have been several studies done that show that public restroom show many, many fewer grems than public telephones. Urine is streile so there is no danger there, and pardon me for saying this, but everyone's bum is covered all day so the part that touches the seat is one of the more grem free ones on the human body. All the gremy bits are in the middle where the hole is!! That is the "whole" point.:rotfl:

I will admit, I have done a lot of driving in rural areas and have had to do the squatting thing on the side of the road many times. I would seriously buy one if they sold these in Wal-Mart or something. :lmao:

How do you stay in hotels and travel?

I am so not a germaphobe.....but I grew up in Africa....my parents were Ex-pats....so I come from an entirely differnt way of thinking.

Dawn

FYI, urine is sterile. But anyway, where would I wash it? I'd be using my disinfectant wipes if I were out in the woods. But I don't camp, so that's not an issue with me. If I used it in a public restroom, I'd wash it with soap and water at the sink.

Sitting on a public toilet is just down right disgusting to me in any situation and I refuse to do it. I also take my own travel roll of toilet paper in my purse with me where ever I go becuase I refuse to touch a roll of toilet paper that only God knows who has touched before me with their dirty hands. It's only in extreme cases that I go into a public restroom for myself, luckily I can just wait until I'm home. I have a travel potty lid for my 4 year old, and again our own toilet paper/flushable wipes for her to use. Along with my lysol spray to spray off the toilet seat before and after.

You and I are clearly very different people, as we've established this in other threads. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter