I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? Sept TR **Life & PTR Update 5/11**

DAY ONE, SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH

I got up around 7am that morning, took my shower, finished any last minute packing and ate breakfast. I was done all of that by 9am, and still had over an hour until I needed to leave. I printed out my boarding pass, then just played around on the internet for a bit to waste time.

At around 10:20am my mother and sister drove me to BWI airport so I wouldn't have to pay to leave my car for a week. I live only about 20 minutes from BWI so I was there by about 10:40am. I did Southwest's curbside luggage drop off since I already had my boarding pass and headed in. The security line wasn't too bad at all, and I was through and in the terminal by 11am. I did have one small hiccup in security where I forgot to take off my shoes (I was pretty tired!) but I caught myself with just one person in front of me and ran them over to the scanner. The TSA agent working the line thought it was pretty funny and remarked that I was one of the only people that caught myself before going in. I told him I knew something was wrong when I realized my feet weren't freezing on the tile floor and he laughed some more.

Once I made it through security and walked down in my terminal I decided to grab something to eat before my flight. I settled on Villa Pizza and got a slice of cheese pizza. No picture of this, but it was pretty cheap yet edible. I then walked over to my gate and was there by 11:30am. Around 11:55am my plane arrived at the gate.

The previous flyers all disembarked and they started boarding around 12:20pm. I was in the "B" boarding group so I was in the second group to get on. I quickly found an aisle with only one woman who was sitting in the aisle seat. I sat at the window seat in that row and the middle seat stayed empty the whole flight. This was my first ever flight that was not completely full! I took a couple of pictures while the plane finished boarding.

As you can see I was right in front of the engine. I talked to the woman in my row for a few minutes. She travels a ton for work, at least weekly, and was very nice. We took off about 5 minutes early and she started reading while I took more pictures.

We flew through some clouds as we approached the Georgia/Florida border, but it was just heavy clouds and no storms so no issues.

Soon we moved from flying over the Atlantic to over Florida itself!

And then we soon were landing. Since I was in the 4th row I was quick to disembark the plane and headed to the fake monorail.

I was at baggage claim within 15 minutes. Unfortunately it then took 15 minutes for the bags to arrive before I headed to Disney's Magical Express. I was a bit concerned as I arrived there. I had received my initial Mickey Mail with DME info before I added a day onto the beginning. I changed my flight info with Disney when I called, but the new Mickey Mail they overnighted me had no DME info in it. I brought both books and talked to the woman at the entrance to the scanner. She said I could use the initial book since my reservation number didn't change, and it worked fine. I did have to give them my return flight info again as it was no longer in the system, but that took about 30 seconds, then I was heading into here:

They have changed the line groupings since I rode in December. In December CBR was with POP and AoA. Now it was in this group:

Not that I was complaining, as the POP/AoA line was horrible!!! My line only had 2 families in it when I walked in at 3:25pm. More and more joined after me and by the time we got on an actual DME bus at 3:35pm the bus filled up. I was sitting in the front row though, and after about 9 minutes of loading luggage and people we were off!

I was soon seeing my first sign of approaching WDW...

....and then the video started.

After about 25 minutes I saw a wonderful sight!

CBR was the first stop, thankfully, and we pulled in to the resort at 4:15pm.

Most of the bus was for CBR, and my luggage was at the very back so I had to wait to grab mine, then head inside. The line was not bad at all though, and I only had one person in front of me in the Online Check-in line. I took a few pictures while I waited.

I only waited about 3 minutes for someone to call me up to their window and then only about another 2 minutes to get checked in and on my way.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I was put in Barbados 11, which is pretty much right across the street from the Custom House, the building where you check in at CBR. So, I walked across the street with my bags, taking a couple of pictures as I walked.

See that sky? It started raining as soon as I walked into my room, so at least it held off a few minutes!

I sat my things down then immediately took the room pictures so I couldn't forget, like someone I know....:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

The towel bow and this one on the bed...

...were the only ones I got all week, but only because I cancelled Mousekeeping for the week. With only one person there was really no reason to have it. They did put bags of supplies on my door the first 2 days, but I never used any of them and they stopped after that.

After I finished taking pictures I unpacked. When I finished I looked out and the rain had stopped, so it was time to get going and explore the resort.

NEXT TIME: PICTURES GALORE!!!

Performance punishment... Happens every where.... What a piece of junk boss though. I really hope this turns into a golden opportunity for you... You deserve it. I would tell your sister to start looking!!

Also love your opening intro picture - I don't know how I didn't catch you wrote that it was from this trip! It's really great.

Thanks, I hope it turns into a great opportunity too!

And it's okay, the intro had a lot in it, easy to miss a few words. :goodvibes

Uh, excuuuuuuuse me!?!?! Do I happen to be that one certain person who forgot to take pictures of their room? Hum? :lmao:

Seriously, great that your flight was on time and your travels went smoothly.

As you know, we were in Barbados 11 and, while some will say that it's a horrible location, we really enjoyed it. It was nice and quiet.

Stephanie, why did you take your own luggage? Why didn't you use your ME tags and have them deliver it?

You got to the airport and to your resort in pretty good time.

We noticed a decline in towel animals when we stayed moderate in December. I think with all the cutbacks of staff they don't have the time they once used to (we don't get Mousekeeping at the DVC's unless we stay more than 7 nights).

Very nice room; it looks like you had a corner room?

Looks like a good start to the trip. Nice save on the shoe situation at TSA. And I'm glad you found a TSA person with a sense of humor. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Great start to your first day!

I had Villa Pizza a few weeks ago at an outlet mall and your description is very accurate. :lmao:

Loved seeing all of the CBR pictures! Made me nostalgic for my Mother/Daughter trip last November. Mom and I were actually put in Barbados 11 to start but we had our hearts set on staying in Jamaica so we had them switch us.

Your room looks great! I remember that rain!! We saw it coming in and were happy we skipped going to AK and made our dinner at Boma for 4:30!

Also what is this curbside luggage thing from Southwest??

Uh, excuuuuuuuse me!?!?! Do I happen to be that one certain person who forgot to take pictures of their room? Hum? :lmao:

Seriously, great that your flight was on time and your travels went smoothly.

As you know, we were in Barbados 11 and, while some will say that it's a horrible location, we really enjoyed it. It was nice and quiet.

Yup, that would be you! :rotfl:

Smooth flight and landing on time (or even early!) is always great.

It was definitely a quiet room. I only heard people outside my room once and it was while I was still awake so it didn't bother me at all.

Stephanie, why did you take your own luggage? Why didn't you use your ME tags and have them deliver it?

You got to the airport and to your resort in pretty good time.

We noticed a decline in towel animals when we stayed moderate in December. I think with all the cutbacks of staff they don't have the time they once used to (we don't get Mousekeeping at the DVC's unless we stay more than 7 nights).

Very nice room; it looks like you had a corner room?

I'm paranoid about making sure I have my luggage with me, and having it right away, even though I always make sure everything I'll need immediately is in my carry-on.

Yes, I had requested a corner room on the 2nd floor, and that's what I got! :goodvibes

Looks like a good start to the trip. Nice save on the shoe situation at TSA. And I'm glad you found a TSA person with a sense of humor. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I was lucky to get a few that were either funny or at least polite. I've definitely had some rude and mean ones in the past, so I was glad I didn't this trip!

Great start to your first day!

I had Villa Pizza a few weeks ago at an outlet mall and your description is very accurate. :lmao:

Loved seeing all of the CBR pictures! Made me nostalgic for my Mother/Daughter trip last November. Mom and I were actually put in Barbados 11 to start but we had our hearts set on staying in Jamaica so we had them switch us.

Yeah, not great pizza but the closest good place was on the other side of the airport and I didn't feel like walking there so I made do.

I kind of hoped for Jamaica, but didn't care enough to ask to be moved. I actually wound up really liking the location. I can see why it wouldn't work for someone with smaller kids or disabilities since it is far from OPR, but it worked fine for me.

Your room looks great! I remember that rain!! We saw it coming in and were happy we skipped going to AK and made our dinner at Boma for 4:30!

Also what is this curbside luggage thing from Southwest??

Glad you didn't get caught in that rain! It was worse overnight that night, but that was very late so I'm sure it didn't affect too many people at all.

Not every airport has it, but it is at BWI. At the entrance of the airport where you can be dropped off there is basically a skycap counter outside. If you have already checked in for your flight you can just give them your last name, they pull up your reservation, print your luggage tags and take your luggage right then, so you don't have to wait in the longer line inside. I could go directly to security versus waiting for a while for the Southwest counter service in the airport.

Hello all!

So, I know I kind of disappeared and I'm sorry about that. I'm struggling a bit with writing this, for several reasons. First, and most obvious I'm sure, is the job loss. I'm spending hours a day filling out applications, emailing my resume, searching for opportunites....it's exhausting and somewhat depressing. I'm still also trying to figure out what exactly I want to do, as I would love to use this as an oppotunity to move to Florida, but don't know if I could pull it off right now with such limited funds. Not to mention that I was feeling slightly better as last week I got the paperwork back from the DLLR saying I was approved for unemployment and the amount was enough to cover my bills until I got a job. Well, I got a letter yesterday now saying payment was delayed as they review my case as I now may not be eligible. All I got when I called this morning was attitude from the woman who told me that it normally takes weeks and I would get a letter about what time and day they will call me to discuss the matter. :worried:

The second reason is the trip itself. It had lots of great moments for sure, and I enjoyed a lot of it. However, the trip wasn't great overall for me. I was right in my first thought that I didn't want to do another solo trip. I just felt lonely and bummed about being there alone the whole time and it put a damper on the whole trip. I was actually kind of glad to be leaving and heading home, and ironically told Steve while talking before my flight that I was looking forward to getting back to work the next day so I could make more money toward moving. Totally jinxed myself there, didn't I? :rolleyes2

I do still want to do the TR, and I'm hoping that in re-living the trip I will start to think more fondly about it. I really did enjoy so many things about the trip and had a good time on most of the things I did, it was just the sadness that sorta hung over my head that makes it difficult to think about in a positive light.

I'll be back soon with the rest of the Day 1 update, and I hope everyone else is having a good week so far! :thumbsup2

Take your time and don't worry, we'll be here when you are ready to write about the trip. :goodvibes

Hello all!

So, I know I kind of disappeared and I'm sorry about that. I'm struggling a bit with writing this, for several reasons. First, and most obvious I'm sure, is the job loss. I'm spending hours a day filling out applications, emailing my resume, searching for opportunites....it's exhausting and somewhat depressing. I'm still also trying to figure out what exactly I want to do, as I would love to use this as an oppotunity to move to Florida, but don't know if I could pull it off right now with such limited funds. Not to mention that I was feeling slightly better as last week I got the paperwork back from the DLLR saying I was approved for unemployment and the amount was enough to cover my bills until I got a job. Well, I got a letter yesterday now saying payment was delayed as they review my case as I now may not be eligible. All I got when I called this morning was attitude from the woman who told me that it normally takes weeks and I would get a letter about what time and day they will call me to discuss the matter. :worried:

The second reason is the trip itself. It had lots of great moments for sure, and I enjoyed a lot of it. However, the trip wasn't great overall for me. I was right in my first thought that I didn't want to do another solo trip. I just felt lonely and bummed about being there alone the whole time and it put a damper on the whole trip. I was actually kind of glad to be leaving and heading home, and ironically told Steve while talking before my flight that I was looking forward to getting back to work the next day so I could make more money toward moving. Totally jinxed myself there, didn't I? :rolleyes2

I do still want to do the TR, and I'm hoping that in re-living the trip I will start to think more fondly about it. I really did enjoy so many things about the trip and had a good time on most of the things I did, it was just the sadness that sorta hung over my head that makes it difficult to think about in a positive light.

I'll be back soon with the rest of the Day 1 update, and I hope everyone else is having a good week so far! :thumbsup2

Stephanie, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this (although we've not lost our job yet, you know it is hanging over our heads).

We will be here waiting when you are ready to proceed. And, if you choose not to, we will understand.

In the meantime, sending you a big :hug:

Take your time and don't worry, we'll be here when you are ready to write about the trip. :goodvibes

Thanks!

Stephanie, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this (although we've not lost our job yet, you know it is hanging over our heads).

We will be here waiting when you are ready to proceed. And, if you choose not to, we will understand.

In the meantime, sending you a big :hug:

I know you are having some similar worries as I am. I hope it all works out on your end, very soon.

Thanks, I do want to do it still, since I know at least parts will be fun to tell. I just have to make myself get going and I'm sure I'll be fine. And :hug: back to you, and Mark!

Stephanie, you know that I've praying for you girl. I so hope that this whole thing works out for you and that the end result is even better than before you lost the job. Actually, I should reword that...you didn't lose the job...it was rudely taken from you by that dumb boss of your's.

I can kind of relate to how you are feeling right now. You know the whole story of what's been going on with our family and John's been having some facial twitching which is always concerning. It's really hard to get all cheery and write about fun times when you have other things swirling around in your brain. I think that's what has subconsciously kept me from writing more too.

I'm gonna keep on sayin' the prayers!

Stephanie, you know that I've praying for you girl. I so hope that this whole thing works out for you and that the end result is even better than before you lost the job. Actually, I should reword that...you didn't lose the job...it was rudely taken from you by that dumb boss of your's.

I can kind of relate to how you are feeling right now. You know the whole story of what's been going on with our family and John's been having some facial twitching which is always concerning. It's really hard to get all cheery and write about fun times when you have other things swirling around in your brain. I think that's what has subconsciously kept me from writing more too.

I'm gonna keep on sayin' the prayers!

Thank you so much, I appreciate the prayers for sure!

I'm sure you can relate! I hope John's facial twitching stops with no other effects, and the family issue gets resolved. How are things going for her? Prayers continuing for all of you guys too! :hug:

I don't even know what I can say at this point. It is just a disappointment that you're having to deal with all this stuff when you got back from a vacation to begin with.

I just hope that things turn around for you and you get some good news coming your way soon. :thumbsup2

:( Now I'm really sad I didn't meet up with you!

Aww...don't feel bad, believe me it wasn't about you. I know you had your DH and 2 DDs, so schedules can change at any moment! :goodvibes

I don't even know what I can say at this point. It is just a disappointment that you're having to deal with all this stuff when you got back from a vacation to begin with.

I just hope that things turn around for you and you get some good news coming your way soon. :thumbsup2

Thanks, I appreciate it. Disappointment is a good word to describe the last 2 weeks of my life.

Good news would be great. Right now though, even the good news is tinged with bad! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter