I think we've been upgraded - help!

Duck In Blue

Mouseketeer
I've just received an email from DCL for upcoming 10th September Med Cruise on the Magic showing that our stateroom has changed. We had booked 2076 which is an oceanview and our stateroom is now showing to be 7624! Although the email has the category and room type as the same as what we booked, the deck plan shows it to be a navigators verandah. I have no experience with this type of room, is that good?!

This is our third cruise, the first two were on the Fantasy (on deck 7 funnily enough) mid ship verandah. We chose the oceanview for this one as, although we only used the verandah a little and the price jump on this one to a verandah stateroom was quite high. We also like to be midship because we are concerned about seasickness (we have been lucky and not suffered with it so far - we take tablets to be on the safe side!) and people say that being midship helps with that. That's why I'm not sure if an aft verandah of this type is an upgrade or not?

I didn't realise Disney did this if you booked a fare where you picked your cabin, but we were probably going to check for upgrades at the port anyway to see if a verandah was available so this may have saved us some cash! If we didn't want this room, would Disney change us back?

One final thing, we already have received our luggage tags will Disney send us new ones? If they don't, what do we do?

Thanks in advance!

I've just received an email from DCL for upcoming 10th September Med Cruise on the Magic showing that our stateroom has changed. We had booked 2076 which is an oceanview and our stateroom is now showing to be 7624! Although the email has the category and room type as the same as what we booked, the deck plan shows it to be a navigators verandah. I have no experience with this type of room, is that good?!

This is our third cruise, the first two were on the Fantasy (on deck 7 funnily enough) mid ship verandah. We chose the oceanview for this one as, although we only used the verandah a little and the price jump on this one to a verandah stateroom was quite high. We also like to be midship because we are concerned about seasickness (we have been lucky and not suffered with it so far - we take tablets to be on the safe side!) and people say that being midship helps with that. That's why I'm not sure if an aft verandah of this type is an upgrade or not?

I didn't realise Disney did this if you booked a fare where you picked your cabin, but we were probably going to check for upgrades at the port anyway to see if a verandah was available so this may have saved us some cash! If we didn't want this room, would Disney change us back?

One final thing, we already have received our luggage tags will Disney send us new ones? If they don't, what do we do?

Thanks in advance!
That's a fantastic upgrade. You have a verandah now. Smaller one, sort of enclosed, but still a verandah.

I'm not sure how it would be handled if you contacted DCL and told them you didn't want the upgrade. It may be that your room has been taken out of service. Or it could already be rebooked.

Re the luggage tags, you can just use a pen/marker to change the room number on them. But DCL actually scans the bar code to direct the luggage to the correct room, and your reservation (when they scan the tags at the port) will show the correct room.

Congrats on the upgrade! If you already have your tags, I recommend that you not attach them. Instead ask for tags when you get to port. They will hand write the room number on them and there will not be a barcode. If you use the tags sent, your luggage may get all the way to deck 2 before they realize and then they have to get the luggage to you.

Seriously, nice upgrade! Enjoy your cruise! And you saved some $$$$$!

It happens from time to time if DCL needs the original room you booked or there is a problem with it they may comp upgrade you. Good for you!!!

MJ

DCLCruise2010-1689_edited-1.jpg

DCLBlog_SGS_3314_Disney-Magic-Navigators-Verandah-Castaway-Cay.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

That's a fantastic upgrade. You have a verandah now. Smaller one, sort of enclosed, but still a verandah.

I'm not sure how it would be handled if you contacted DCL and told them you didn't want the upgrade. It may be that your room has been taken out of service. Or it could already be rebooked.

Re the luggage tags, you can just use a pen/marker to change the room number on them. But DCL actually scans the bar code to direct the luggage to the correct room, and your reservation (when they scan the tags at the port) will show the correct room.

Thanks! I did go into my reservation online and my only options are either the room I now have, a GTY in my original category or concierge so there is no going back (not that I would want to now)!

I did wonder that about the barcode as I thought there must be a process for when people do upgrades at the port as well as situations like this.

Congrats on the upgrade! If you already have your tags, I recommend that you not attach them. Instead ask for tags when you get to port. They will hand write the room number on them and there will not be a barcode. If you use the tags sent, your luggage may get all the way to deck 2 before they realize and then they have to get the luggage to you.

Seriously, nice upgrade! Enjoy your cruise! And you saved some $$$$$!

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind about the tags. I think I am still in shock that Disney have given me something for free (which is why I was suspicious!) :rotfl2:

And just FYI, when you are upgraded, your original room category will still show on your reservation. Congratulations on a great upgrade!

That's good to know, thanks!

It happens from time to time if DCL needs the original room you booked or there is a problem with it they may comp upgrade you. Good for you!!!

MJ

Thank you! Whatever the reason for the change, I am grateful!

Thanks for sharing these, looks great!

Disney can send you new tags. I think you just call and request. Our room was changed about 3 weeks prior to departure. They sent us new tags quickly.

I may give that a go but we sail in exactly 2 weeks and are in the UK so it may be pushing it. Useful to know though, thanks!

And you still have your ocean view - it's just without glass and you can smell and feel the breeze. WAY cool upgrade. Enjoy.

That is a great way of looking at, thank you!

That looks awesome! Congrats on the upgrade :)

That's what I thought, thanks!

Thanks all for taking the time to post the great information and pics, much appreciated!

Having read all of your comments and now had some time to digest what is going on, we are really pleased about this. The only slight concern is being aft as opposed to midship and that is purely from a sea sickness point of view, but I think having the verandah trumps those concerns!

Two weeks today we should be sailing away! :cool1:

Thanks! I did go into my reservation online and my only options are either the room I now have, a GTY in my original category or concierge so there is no going back (not that I would want to now)!

I did wonder that about the barcode as I thought there must be a process for when people do upgrades at the port as well as situations like this.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind about the tags. I think I am still in shock that Disney have given me something for free (which is why I was suspicious!) :rotfl2:

That's good to know, thanks!

Thank you! Whatever the reason for the change, I am grateful!

Thanks for sharing these, looks great!

I may give that a go but we sail in exactly 2 weeks and are in the UK so it may be pushing it. Useful to know though, thanks!

That is a great way of looking at, thank you!

That's what I thought, thanks!

Thanks all for taking the time to post the great information and pics, much appreciated!

Having read all of your comments and now had some time to digest what is going on, we are really pleased about this. The only slight concern is being aft as opposed to midship and that is purely from a sea sickness point of view, but I think having the verandah trumps those concerns!

Two weeks today we should be sailing away! :cool1:

From a sea sickness point of view: the aft view is perfect. Very "stable".

That's a great stateroom, and amazing upgrade!

I can understand your concern about seasickness but I've sailed in nav verandahs several times and the only time I had an issue was when the seas were very rough and I felt bad in every location on the ship! Fresh air helps (me) with feeling queasy so hopefully you can use the verandah to mitigate that (if it even occurs). Enjoy your cruise :)

Navigator's Verandah are awesome! You are going to love it. Congrats!
From a sea sickness point of view: the aft view is perfect. Very "stable".
That's really good to know and makes me more relaxed about it, thank you!

Congratulation! Enjoy the veranda!
Thank you, very excited about it now!

If you google Disney Magic 7624, there are some video tours of your stateroom :) Looks nice, congrats!
So there are - thank you!

Pixie dusted for sure! Nice
It must have been our lucky day!

That's a great stateroom, and amazing upgrade!

I can understand your concern about seasickness but I've sailed in nav verandahs several times and the only time I had an issue was when the seas were very rough and I felt bad in every location on the ship! Fresh air helps (me) with feeling queasy so hopefully you can use the verandah to mitigate that (if it even occurs). Enjoy your cruise :)
Thanks for the information and the tip, hoping (as always) for smooth seas!

Congratulations! Have a wonderful cruise!
Thank you so much!

Just wanted to add, although there are no guarantees, the Med is likely to be calm in September. Hopefully that gives you a little more comfort about seasickness concerns.

Just wanted to add, although there are no guarantees, the Med is likely to be calm in September. Hopefully that gives you a little more comfort about seasickness concerns.
That is good to know, thanks. This is our first Med cruise so not really sure what to expect. Will be keeping our fingers crossed that it is calm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter