I think we just got some Disney CM pixie dust thrown our way!!!!

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
After going back and forth with dates, we finally decided to keep our currently Sept reservation and add 2 days on to it. We are now going Sept 2-11 and are already booked with a room only discount. When they CM made the changes, she said the confirmation # would be the same, and we should be recieving our $300 gift card in the mail in the next week or so.

I know they don't double dip discounts usually, but I wonder if this her way of doing something special for us. We will be there for our anniversary and our daughters first time at WDW and she did seem really excited about that.

I hope it works out for you :thumbsup2. However 2 things come to mind.

1. To get GC you are supposed to book a package (5day tickets) and
2. The GC is given at check in not mailed.

Let us know what happens- I hope you get it but I will also be surprised.

Never heard of that. I didn't think the gift card promo went into Sept. at all anyway??

That's correct. She did put me on hold for 10 min or so and then said the confirmation # would stay the same and then mentioned sending the gift card. I wonder if she talked to your supervisor about doing something for our anniversary and our girls first stay and this is it.

I hope it works out for you :thumbsup2. However 2 things come to mind.

1. To get GC you are supposed to book a package (5day tickets) and
2. The GC is given at check in not mailed.

Let us know what happens- I hope you get it but I will also be surprised.

So will I. I don't want to call and confirm possible mess something up. I guess we will have to wait for a week or so and see.

Also the gift card promotion ends August 14th. And as PP stated, it is given at check in and not mailed in advance. What if you received the GC, then cancelled the ressie? I think the CM was misinformed, unfortunately. Seems like that happens often. Such a shame.

If it was the Free gift card promo, wouldn't she be receiving $750 since she is staying at CR. Maybe it is a whole new pin.:goodvibes

If free dining comes out, you should back and add that discount. It would be a better deal.

So you got a free 300 gift card, free dining and 40% off (as per your other post?) This don't make sense? You must be the luckiest person in the WORLD.

So you got a free 300 gift card, free dining and 40% off (as per your other post?) This don't make sense? You must be the luckiest person in the WORLD.

I don't know what other post you're quoting but I'm sure they didn't get all 3 items together. The OP said she had a room only discount (so the 40%). You can't get free dining without booking a Disney package that includes room+tickets and the OP doesn't have a package, but just a room.

Which is why the others were questioning whether they are getting a gift card at all.

I don't know what other post you're quoting but I'm sure they didn't get all 3 items together. The OP said she had a room only discount (so the 40%). You can't get free dining without booking a Disney package that includes room+tickets and the OP doesn't have a package, but just a room.

Which is why the others were questioning whether they are getting a gift card at all.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2392179

the poster was refering to this link...nice try, but nobody is that lucky:laughing: However, suprised given your high post count???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter