I think the upgrade fairy spilled her whole bag of dust on us!!!!

Bigdog2003

Earning My Ears
We got our GTY assignment today!!!!pixiedust:
Booked 8D GTY ocean view
Received 5A balcony room 9646
I had to call my TA to confirm. We are beyond excited.
:banana::cool1:

that sounds wonderful. my dream was always to have a verandah on my first cruise and now that I am finally booked for it, we had to choose an ocean view. my grand daughter has special needs and we are afraid of her getting out there while we are sleeping, so we feel a lot safer without for this trip. so my question is, does Disney often upgrade and if they do, do you have to accept? congrats on your good news, have a good time!

We got our GTY assignment today!!!!pixiedust:
Booked 8D GTY ocean view
Received 5A balcony room 9646
I had to call my TA to confirm. We are beyond excited.
:banana::cool1:

Congrats! :cool1: We are still waiting for our assignment. When is your cruise?

We sail on May 11th. We are 51 days out

We sail May 30th so maybe we will get our's in the next couple of weeks. We booked a 9A GTY. That is so exciting for you. I'm hoping for a light dusting of pixie dust since you got the whole bag. Lol pixiedust:

...so my question is, does Disney often upgrade and if they do, do you have to accept?

It doesn't happen often if you have selected your stateroom, but it can happen and DCL will not give you any notice - so no opportunity to "decline" the upgrade. If you feel strongly about wanting the stateroom you selected, you can call DCL and ask them to note "please do not upgrade." It's not a guarantee because if that room needs to be pulled from inventory for some reason (maintenance, etc.) they'll have to move you. But it should deter any unwanted pixie-dust falling your way.

Enjoy your cruise!

Congrats on the upgrade! Newbie question here. What is GTY and why do some people have to wait to find out what room they get? I was told when I bought the tickets where I would be. :confused3

Congrats on the upgrade! Newbie question here. What is GTY and why do some people have to wait to find out what room they get? I was told when I bought the tickets where I would be. :confused3

Read the sticky thread at the top of the forum for some great explanations of the GTY category. The name of the thread is called something like IGT, OGT, VGT vs. GTY.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter