• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think our Disney Store has Closed! Update: We are getting a Mickey Store

MsDisney23

<font color=blue>Has cabin fever-induced dreams of
The only Disney Store near us is an hour away! I have tried to call there several times this week at different hours. All I get is the phone ringing! I told DH I think the store has closed. We had planned to stop there on Monday as we would be close by! I think today I will have to call the Mall to see if it has closed! I sure hope not.

Then again I would not be that all upset, as it mainly carrie's children things. I used to like The Disney Store much better years back, they seemed to carry so much more! I am looking to get some Disney Dollars as I heard that they where going to discontiue them! :confused3

Ours closed almost 2 years ago... there's one 2 hours away... it's not close enough.

I hope your dh is WRONG!

I was just going to say that you won't be missing much... my store has NOTHING but a few snowglobes and mugs.. I miss the Gallery & collectible stuff they used to carry... I don't even see pins there anymore:(

I keep hoping ours stays open now. It hit a point about 2 years ago where I was almost hoping it would close, it was filled with nothing but junk.

But in the last year, they've really started stocking some good stuff again. Not as much as I'd like, but enough to keep me in there and buying. :)

I've gotten to know the manager of the Disney Store in our local mall (it's because we are in there so much :blush: - she even asked me one time if I could stand by the counter while she went to the bathroom because she was by herself, so when customers came to pay for something I could explain to them that she would be right back to help them - I look this as a complaiment that she knew I wasn't going to steal anything and run :flower: )

Anyway, back on the subject, she said that they will be closing and remodeling the store. She didn't call it a "Mickey Store", but she described it alot like Dan's link. She also said that they are going to have changing rooms, which for me is a real big deal. Whenever I want to buy clothes there for my girls, I always have them wear a skirt of a dress so I can try on bottoms under their clothes so no one can see their underwear in the middle of the store.

I will miss the store terribly when they are closed, but when they open, it will be a happy day :banana: Until then, I can go shopping at the World of Disney next Sunday at DTD and buy what I need to there (which will be to much I'm sure :blush: ) :wave:

Ours is still open but I go in by myself now while my teenage sons go elsewhere. :rolleyes: :teeth:

Kitty 34 said:
Ours is still open but I go in by myself now while my teenage sons go elsewhere. :rolleyes: :teeth:
:teeth: My son will go in with me but only reluctantly. He always says that the store is too pink and he's right!

MsDisney23 said:
The only Disney Store near us is an hour away! I have tried to call there several times this week at different hours. All I get is the phone ringing! I told DH I think the store has closed. We had planned to stop there on Monday as we would be close by! I think today I will have to call the Mall to see if it has closed! I sure hope not.

Then again I would not be that all upset, as it mainly carrie's children things. I used to like The Disney Store much better years back, they seemed to carry so much more! I am looking to get some Disney Dollars as I heard that they where going to discontiue them! :confused3
Don't know if this helps you, but as of about 2 weeks ago, the Disney Store in the Ocean County Mall (Toms River) was still open.

Our store closed a couple of months ago. Not a big deal since all they have carried the past 2 years was stuffed animals, toddler clothes, coffee mugs, and junky toys. :paw: I stopped going in there when they got rid of the housewares and watches.

I just called The Deptford Mall Main Office , and they told me the store is closed until Nov. It will reopen as The Mickey Store.... :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

MsDisney23 thanks so much for posting that you called Deptford Mall. I was there the other day with my mom and we were looking for the store and I had feared it had closd for good. Glad to hear we are getting a Mickey Store

I think the one at sommerset mall in Troy MI went the way of the Mickey stores. They closed the old bigger one and moved across the mall to a smaller store that sounds just like the Mickey store. I don't like it. Oh well. They also closed a number of the other DS around us.

Oh well. Guess I have to get my Disney fix at WDW. However I could get some good things cheap at the old one for DD.

Unfortunately, these Mickey Stores are still only going to be orientated towards kids. I believe that they're all owned by The Children's Place and that Disney plays no part in them (except for, I guess, supplying the merchandise). That's why you'll no longer be able to buy tickets and Disney dollars there.

It's somewhat disappointing, but the Disney store by us never carries anything remotely adult (and if it is adult, good luck on finding something for a guy), so it won't really be upsetting to me, as I thought the stores had gone downhill recently anyway.

Oh, well....there's always my trips to Disney to get some adult guy clothes for myself.

My "local" mall is Orland Square, which is listed in the article. I am really looking forward to seeing it, and hope it is ready before Christmas so I can by my DD princess stuff.

I'm currently a CM at the Disney Store. Here's the scoop. The Disney Stores were becoming much less popular. Then, Disney sold the stores to The Children's Place. Everyone had doubts about this. However, they have prooven to be much better merchandisers than Disney so far. You may not see all of the changes yet but I think that most of you will be pleasantly surprised soon. They are planning to add 300 stores in the next 5 years. As they open the new stores and renovate the old stores, they will open as Mickey Stores. The decorations will be different and yes, they will have dressing rooms. Again, I had doubts about the new "look" as I love the current "look." However, I saw some pictures of the new Mickey Store (that just opened yesterday) in NC and they look great! Since the Childrens Place bought the stores, they have been improoving and their sales have increased. We just started carrying baby stuff again and the plan is to start carrying more adult stuff again due to so many complaints. I don't know why Disney cut so much of that stuff out. All of the products will continue to be official Disney licensed products. I honestly don't know about the theme park tickets and disney dollars. I'll find out tonight at work whether or not they will be sold in the Mickey Stores. I hope so. Anyway, I'll report back. In summary, be patient. They will always carry alot of kids stuff but I really believe that there will be more stuff that we adults appreciate soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter