I Think Obama Is The Winner

We could really use more parties that operate on a large scale.

I have often said that we as Americans desperately need an actual 3rd party in this country. I'm not talking some fringe thing either, like the green party, Constitutional party, etc. I'm talking about a strong party that is capable of taking on the extremes in the Democratic and Republican party and attract the millions of Americans who feel left out.

Actually what we need is a third partly that doesn't opperate on the lunitic fringe. The Liberitarian party has a pretty appealing platform to me, but they always trought out some crazy choice for office.
What is interesting is that, with regard to one of the most inflammatory issues, abortion, the Libertarian party is pretty explicit about its position: "... government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration." They do not support allowing the states to regulate the right to choose to terminate a pregnancy.

I have often said that we as Americans desperately need an actual 3rd party in this country. I'm not talking some fringe thing either, like the green party, Constitutional party, etc. I'm talking about a strong party that is capable of taking on the extremes in the Democratic and Republican party and attract the millions of Americans who feel left out.

I couldn't agree more::yes::

Wow. What a lot of exclamation marks.

I agree that things could change. But "people are pulling this crap from" legitimate polling sources.

I do not care what the polls say, this has always happened in the past, all talk no action in the long run, but what I go by is my gut. period. I have a 100% track record with things I have just "known" call it ESP, or just one of those witchy things.

and the funny thing, the guy next door, a HUGE Obama supporter, agree's with me.
sometimes it is not all in the polls, some of us "just know":confused3

I agree with this also!:thumbsup2

What is interesting is that, with regard to one of the most inflammatory issues, abortion, the Libertarian party is pretty explicit about its position: "... government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration." They do not support allowing the states to regulate the right to choose to terminate a pregnancy.

I'm actually ok with that. I don't like abortion, I concider it to be terrrible and it is sactioned killing. However, I also am realistic enough to understand that it doesn't matter what I think, those that wish to have one will, regardless of legalities, so I would rather have it legal and safe rather than happening in a back alley somewhere.

My only real complaint on the abortion issue is that Roe v Wade was a bad decision, there is no right to privacy guarenteed in the Constitution, so it is a classic example of the Court Legislating from the bench.

Gore won the popular vote. And had the mess in Florida not occured, he'd have won the electoral college as well.

Obama is far ahead in the electoral college votes right now.

I wish the electoral college didn't come into play and that each person got 1 vote and it counted for whomever they wanted it to count for.

It's nuts to me that it's possible to get the most votes by the people and lose?!?!?

Many years, there is no reason for me to vote as my state would always head the same direction, Republican....now matter how I voted or if I didn't vote at all. This year however, things may be different and a few votes either way may swing the state.

I wish the electoral college didn't come into play and that each person got 1 vote and it counted for whomever they wanted it to count for.

It's nuts to me that it's possible to get the most votes by the people and lose?!?!?

Many years, there is no reason for me to vote as my state would always head the same direction, Republican....now matter how I voted or if I didn't vote at all. This year however, things may be different and a few votes either way may swing the state.

That's because we are not a democracy, we are a republic, and further we are actually a series of republics with a central governing body. The system works exactly as it was intended to. The large states can not dictate to the smaller states.

I would rather have it legal and safe rather than happening in a back alley somewhere.
Since we disagree so much, and so strongly, at times, I think it is especially important to highlight the cases when we sincerely agree with each other. Like this one.

My only real complaint on the abortion issue is that Roe v Wade was a bad decision, there is no right to privacy guarenteed in the Constitution, so it is a classic example of the Court Legislating from the bench.
I think the best way of addressing that rather legalistic concern is to adopt that plank in the Libertarian Party platform as a new Amendment to the US Constitution, preventing governments, both federal and state, from interfering in the decision of one's own conscience as it pertains to reproductive choice. I think that would obviate your concern (since Roe v. Wade would effectively be irrelevant).

Nooooo I said it was a "HUGE" concern, not the #1 issue. I am just telling you what they said on CNN this am. CNN reported that this is a huge concern for the Obama campaign.
That may be 'behind the scences type info". I am sure that they will not come out with a "Official we are worried about this" statement.
:confused3

Well, then please explain what you meant by your earlier post:

They were discussing this this morning on CNN!

Plleeeeeeeeeeease there is 27 days left, one more debate...and ANYTHING can happen.

Anyhooooooooooooo They were talking about the race issue. This is the #1 concern for the Obama campaign.
Sad that this can be a concern, and Sad that they actually think this is the #1 concern.

There are no winners in this election. None. The next president is in for a bumpy ride. I wonder if either candidate right now would still be running if he knew a year ago that the state of the economy would be like it is right now.

Well it depends. If you believe that there won't be any improvement between now and (say) three years from now, then yes, you're correct. However, by the same token, whoever is elected gets to consider the way things are on the day they take office as the baseline against which their own performance is measured. If we're near the bottom by then (please please please, let's be near the bottom by now!) then they have three years to build up some recovery, and they can effectively take credit for most of that. (Remember, the President is held almost totally responsible for what goes wrong, or right, without much regard to how much their own actions or inactions caused the improvement or degradation.)

An economically conservative party that is socially liberal and puts up an ironclad fence firmly seperating government and religion.

I'm in.

I do not care what the polls say, this has always happened in the past, all talk no action in the long run, but what I go by is my gut. period. I have a 100% track record with things I have just "known" call it ESP, or just one of those witchy things.

and the funny thing, the guy next door, a HUGE Obama supporter, agree's with me.
sometimes it is not all in the polls, some of us "just know":confused3

I guess the ESP is no longer 100%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter