I (think) I've got it narrowed down...now tell me I'm not crazy!

Gibbygirl

why am I here when I should be there?
Planning a summer trip for myself & DD9. This will be the 3rd trip in 4 years, a girls only trip & first one without DH & DS. Trying to go as budget friendly as possible and have crunched the numbers over & over. We have stayed at ASMU, CBR & CSR (in that order.) Not doing a dining plan. I'm looking at POR, POP, ASMU & AOA. Having looked at all kinds of pictures & videos and reading all the threads on here, I'm leaning towards AOA-LM room. I know those bldgs are at the back of the resort but oh well. Problem is, for $29 more, we can stay at POR! Or, for $327 LESS, we can stay at POP. I know we could walk over & explore AOA from POP, but I'm not sure it's the same. I also know, if we go back as a family, the guys will have no interest in staying at AOA (and while DD tries to say she's "over" princesses, I know she would LOVE staying in a LM room--and so would her mom!) Do I bite the bullet and do AOA over saving the $$$ or upgrading to POR? I've never had this much trouble deciding on a resort! Please tell me what I'm not taking into consideration & help me figure out where to book! TIA! :thumbsup2

I know you are trying to be budget friendly, but if you really are able to afford all 3, then I would show your daughter pictures of each resort and let her choose. It might be fun for her to be even more involved in the trip planning!

And keep in mind that the moderate will have a slide at the pool ~ if that is important!

Gibbygirl- just want to say I don't envy your predicament! I'm surprise AoA is THAT much more- is that with all the discounts available? Remember your original post and will be curious which you choose- wish I had better advice for you! :(

One thing to keep in mind- not sure if you are using a promo to check those prices.

There will be some sort of Summer Promo coming of course, depending on what point in the summer you are looking to go as well.

If the Current logic prevails, the promo will apply to all the resorts EXCEPT AoA Lil Mermaid ...

Thanks, all---yes, the rates I'm comparing are using the Spring Room Discount, which is why AOA-LM is so much...no discount! :sad1: I'm now leaning toward POP with a plan of walking over to AOA. I do think I'll show DD pics of POR, ASMO & POP to get her input. I know she would pick AOA-LM if she saw those so think I'll leave it out of the mix to get a better idea of her preference. Her pick right now is to go back to CBR, but we've only talked about where we've already stayed. I'll see how the new options compare for her and go from there. This seems like such a riduculous thing to be stressing over. We've loved everywhere we've stayed in the past. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter