I think I'm going to throw up! Half Marathon 2012! :faint:

Gina Thanks - but I dont feel like a motivator! On the WISH board there is a thread for the C25K, and there they are really motivating. I'm trying to get in shape to finish the Half Marathon, might as well start somewhere!

Nebo :rotfl2: My Dad used to listen to Paul Harvey, as the end of his radio career, he was good for jaw dropping "he didnt just say that did he?" He came on at 8:35 am on WGN - back when they let women have a show (The Kathy and Judy show...) OLD? OLD - do I look old

DONT answer that!
:rotfl::rotfl:

Here we have another Monday - can this actually be Week 2 for me?

Good think I have music linked to RunKeeper. RunKeeper keeps it real - the fake voice - slow staccato voice - You have completed 5 minutes, and are on pace for a 30 min mile... oh WHATEVER!

Now I have to dodge other dogs while I'm walking these two - they are very ornery and looking for a fight this morning... so my route was a bit odd - I think its time to increase my mile, and decrease my time

- PICK UP THE PACE OLD LADY!!!

Another dog - I'm heading out of the park and into the subdivision - I will say when I got to the subdivision I was just going to do that slow mindless walk - but then my ipod spit out the theme for ROCKY - cant walk with that playing!! so pump it up, and then Donny Osmond came on - "THIS is the Moment" ok, I'll keep moving, I do have a moment... and finally our OFF KILTER comes on and tells me to "RUN RUN RUN away" :rotfl2:

it all helped me make it to 1.68 miles, and in 33 minutes!

Still havent located my notes from 2010 - lots of drama going on here...

I know we stayed at Beach Club - with a view of Illuminations from our balcony - we were on the 4th floor I believe... so nice. Just a 1 bedroom, but its all we needed!

We have our packets. we Went to MK -

IMG_2308.jpg

Notice the fleece jackets? The cloudy day? It was chilly out there!

IMG_2312.jpg

DD is determined NOT to be photographed -
This is right by a snack place - over the bridge towards Liberty Square - tomorrow there will be a ticker RIGHT here telling me my time - and distance... but for now, FUNNEL CAKES!!!

DH made phone contact with Chris (the aforementioned blind runner - he's not completely blind, just legally blind)

Well my memory may not be as perfect as I'd like it, but at least I have some pictures! Every Friday before the Half the WISH team, from the event/comp board plans a gathering at Pop Century to get the photo op, to load up on pasta, to share tales, and to commiserate !

:confused3

Why isnt Photobucket letting me copy and paste my pictures...

will try again...

IMG_2360.jpg

OK then...

IMG_2362.jpg

Doncha luv the people that take the pictures?

This is the calm before the storm!

Wow - my name and the infamous NEBO's in the same post - I am blessed :cloud9:!

I am going to look into the apps you mentioned - do u have it on your ipod? I have a droid phone - so maybe that will be the best place - I am off to check it out!

Not to sound too ignorant, I see a lot of posts on the WISH thread - what exactly does that stand for??? :confused3

Great update - can't wait for race time!

Wow - my name and the infamous NEBO's in the same post - I am blessed :cloud9:!

I am going to look into the apps you mentioned - do u have it on your ipod? I have a droid phone - so maybe that will be the best place - I am off to check it out!

Yes I have RunKeeper as an ap on my phone - but it is connected to a website that keeps track of my routes, my miles, my time etc - and it coordinates for me!! Spreadsheet for me! It told me I have done 9 miles last week!! wooHOO IF I can keep this up I'm likely to do ok Jan 2012!
And I have my ipod songs uploaded to my iphone - so Runkeeper asked if it could access the lists, and which one did I want to run with - I have a playlist for training - its impossible for me to run to Cheeseburger in Paradise for instance!!

Not to sound too ignorant, I see a lot of posts on the WISH thread - what exactly does that stand for??? :confused3

Great update - can't wait for race time!

WISH = We're Inspired Stay Healthy
(I think that's right!)

Then a sub forum is the events/comp board that I jumped on for the first marathon and bought a shirt (its the lime green ones in the Pop pictures) that said:

DLF>DNF>>DNS
(Dead Last Finish is better than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start),
WISH gave me the courage to start.

Here's the link to the WISH forum:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

The event/comp board doesnt seem as active as it was in '08 or even in'10 - but it looks like the core of the group are signed up for the Marathon once again!

so 2010 Half Marathon.

We head to bed early Friday - we'll be waking up around 2 am, who knows if we'll even sleep? Then you hear boom boom - look out the window to Illuminations! We are in DISNEY :woohoo:

Tim needs to connect with Chris, so we walk over to the Yacht club - walking in the long hallways, we dont see any blind people.. back outside, get on the bus, Tim wanders around, and found him... I believe the bus left around 3:30 am - and trust me - ITS COLD!!

Getting to Epcot parking lot - its a sight to see - all these busses lined up dropping off runners - all streaming towards "the light"

This is a day that you think you should've sprung for that Runners Retreat, the $85 per person to get out of this cold? Yes, $85 - but we thought it would be more "fun" to hang with DIS'ers... but who could find anyone in this cold - no one was sitting and waiting... nope, people tried to huddle in big circles - - the center of the circle people were probably warmer...

Finally it was time to move these 16,000+ people towards the start line - and yes, the wind is picking up, some dots of wet... walk walk walk...

How did we dress for this mess? Layers. We went to JoAnn Fabric and grabbed some lime green fleece so we passed out lime green scarves - we went to Goodwill and had some extra sweat pants, sweat shirts, and a coat, and gloves.. and hats... but I forgot a garbage bag. I did take a towel from the pool house to sit on...

I wasnt allowed to go to a higher corral and wait with my dh and chris...

so I huddled alone near the rope. A nice couple had an extra garbage bag and gave it to me, I put it on, sitting on the road, cold, wet, and tired...

My gosh, Sandy, you're a posting maniac!!! If your pace in running is anything close to your posting pace, you'll be screaming around the course!

See! Your pace is picking up! and 1.63 miles is outstaiding! That's 1/3 of a 5K right there! Even more, in fact.

I started using an Excel spreadsheet to track my progess, and already, after 3 weeks of training, I've shaved off 2 whole minutes of my pace. I am encouraged about that- the weight however is NOT budging! At all. That's frustrating.

Great job on trying to re-construct your last trip. I know it's hard to only go off memory- they certainly fade dont' they?? Great job, though. I LOVE the picture of your DD and DH on Big Thunder! Nice!!

wonder if I can post a video?

We tend to entertain ourselves - dd was playing with the camera while we waited for a bus back to the resort...

50 seconds of pure silliness - with it being dark out, and dh wearing a black fleece - it looks like he is the head for the headless horseman!! roflol

Great thread!

I was last at the World for Marathon Weekend 2010 (DD's 1st trip when she was 6 - PERFECT!), and I remember how bitter cold it was. But that's part of what inspired me to start running. If you all could do it in THAT weather, than I can too! So, I'm planning on doing the Half during Marathon weekend 2012.

DD will be 8 and wants to do a race too, so I'm trying to convince DH to spring the $100 so she and I can do the 5k together on Fri morning. He's worried because she broke a bone in her foot during our our last trip to DW, probably from all the walking. He's worried she's going to injure herself again, and with 7 days left in the trip... Hoping he'll come around before the race fills up!

I walked my first half on May 7th. I hurt the next day, but not too badly. I'm hoping to get into enough shape to RUN at Disney! I'm doing C25K very loosely... I think I'm on my 2nd week repeating week 1. I'm using the C25k program that I downloaded from RunningIntoShape.com. It has music and audio cues, so all I have to do is push play on my mp3player and do what she says. Then I calculate the distance when I get home on mapmyrun.com. (I run away from my house for the first half, turn around and run back for the 2nd half.) This plan worked well for me last fall, and I just repeated weeks if I needed/wanted to.

Good luck... I'll be following your journey. And you may have inspired me to start a DIS Wish journal of my own! :-)

I wish there was a way to explain how cold it was - sleet and rain!

but its start time

race7.jpg

It takes at least 30 - 40 minutes to go from the back of the pack to cross the start line!

race6.jpg

Just thinking I have to this again makes me want to throw up! Its cold. Its lonely. It hurts.

Its a goal.

Must complete training! Running is better than walking and whining!

Jhennifer Thanks for chiming in!

So hard to predict how anyone will do at the 5K - I had a friend run it with her DD in '08 (her daughter was 8 that year) They did fine, did mostly walk, but they did also train together through the year as well - the biggest disappointment they had - the "medal" for the 5K is leather!! :confused3

Thank you for posting the link you are using - There is a thread on WISH for a bunch of us starting the C25K program - very inspiring!!

The best part of doing the Half Marathon in Disney - YOU are in DISNEY :cool1: so that day, the next day you get to wear your medal - and everyone congratulations one another!! You've accomplished something, and get to show off too!! and YOU ARE IN DISNEY!! :cool1:

My gosh, Sandy, you're a posting maniac!!! If your pace in running is anything close to your posting pace, you'll be screaming around the course!

See! Your pace is picking up! and 1.63 miles is outstaiding! That's 1/3 of a 5K right there! Even more, in fact.

I started using an Excel spreadsheet to track my progess, and already, after 3 weeks of training, I've shaved off 2 whole minutes of my pace. I am encouraged about that- the weight however is NOT budging! At all. That's frustrating.

Great job on trying to re-construct your last trip. I know it's hard to only go off memory- they certainly fade dont' they?? Great job, though. I LOVE the picture of your DD and DH on Big Thunder! Nice!!

Thanks for joining me Liesa! :goodvibes

That's a great idea the excel spreadsheet - it may be too complicated for me! :rotfl2: I will say that the RunKeeper program does it for me - I hit save on my iphone - then come to my laptop and log in - and its all there - it shows me the path I ran - (even when I cross the street - the zig zag - yep, I walk with dogs - must avoid other dogs!! :rotfl:)

2 minutes down!! :cheer2:

I am enjoying your PTR.

I will also be doing the wine and dine half-marathon this October. It will be my first half.

I am also currently doing the c25k. I will be doing my 20 minute run next week, and I am nervous. :eek:

Literally my goal for the race is to not get "swept." I am going down with my sister and 2 of my good friends. We plan to run and then spend 3 magical days in WDW. I can't wait! :banana:

Michelle Thanks! Yes, I too have sweeping nightmares - now- today I'm thinking being swept may not be so bad! :rotfl2: Get a ride on the bus the last half of the Half marathon...

no NO NO - stop thinking negative!!

halfmarathonhill.jpg

This is the biggest hill to deal with (picture from '08) its right after you go under the 7 seas Lagoon - and it doesnt look bad in this picture - it can be brutal, and it is crowded, finding a spot to make it up that hill...

Uh-oh! Sandy's back and posting away. :goodvibes

Glad to see you around.

(please, no photos of me) :scared:

I won't be at the 2012 marathon. I think I'm done. Two marathons is enough. I'm much more of a walker than a runner. I can walk for hours but running, I think 3 miles is now my limit. ;)

Uh-oh! Sandy's back and posting away. :goodvibes

Glad to see you around.

(please, no photos of me) :scared:

I won't be at the 2012 marathon. I think I'm done. Two marathons is enough. I'm much more of a walker than a runner. I can walk for hours but running, I think 3 miles is now my limit. ;)

Back at you Dolce - and I respect your right to privacy - we did have a great time at the Grand Floridian Tea, it was a perfect time to celebrate! I have to say that DD changed my settings on the camera - so they are goofy pictures!!

IMG_0108-1.jpg

now I looked everywhere for the picture - just decided to crop the one I have uploaded to photobucket!

I'm not sure if I'm up to doing the half again. every time I've gotten out there- I've gotten hurt. I'm done with the pain!

DH thinks I need to get new running shoes, so we may do that tomorrow...

I'm just in limbo now!

LOVED the Grand Floridian Tea. Thank you so much for inviting me to that - I had a blast! I need to do it again, not that I know when I'll go to Disney next. I have a friend who just took out DVC and wants me to join a group of them this Nov, but even though that would be the cheapest trip EVER to Disney - it's just not in my budget at the moment. I'm trying to start up a business and I've booked an Alaskan cruise for next year - I've promised my mother I'd take her on one for years now, so I'm finally doing it.

So, $$ is tight for me right now. I'm sad that you guys didn't make 2011. I had dinner with Lisa the night of the 2011 1/2 marathon. I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and oh-my-gosh was it nice to be able to walk back to my hotel room after crossing the Finish Line. And I loved my room. It was huge as it was ADA accessible and it was a garden view room. I could see the high Illumination fireworks from my balcony at night. The BWI is my fav resort - I love that place.

Hi Sandy! Just wanted to wish you luck and have a great race! Hopefully not anywhere near as cold as the last one- my friends ran last year, too- I heard it was brutal. My friend Sally said she could not warm up when it was over, just awful. Hoping for sunny skies and warm temps! Go Sandy!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter