• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think I won a prize, but not sure

mzmickey

Mouseketeer
A couple of months ago, I signed up for some of the survey sites that are listed here. I should have kept a record of how many I signed up for.

I got a call today and they msg said that I was a finalist for a Chevy Tahoe. I called the guy back and was ready to fire questions at him as I am a true skeptic and don't feel I could ever be that lucky.

He told me that I submitted a form on the internet and read back info to me, the normal info that I ususally use to fill out one of those survey forms. He said that there are 150 finalists and we are guaranteed to win a prize, either a Chevy Tahoe, of which there is only one and we have to agree to have our pics taken with it for the publicity, an all expenses paid trip to 4 different locations, or a 27 inch RCA TV. We have to attend an event, and he gave me a couple of times over the next two days, when we could attend and at this event, we would pick out a ticket and scratch off a number. The number corresponded to the prized we would win.

He said that there was no purchase necessary and that it was more of a publicity stunt, the company hoping that we would talk about it and spread the word around.

I also have to take my spouse since I checked that I was married, they need his signature on all of the documents as well, saying that we were not paid and that we didn't have to pay anything to win this.

Now, I did some research and found an article connecting this company to some travel discount company. So I am skeptical. Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone since this is where I hooked up with the survey links.

Do you think this is worth checking out, as long as we don't buy anything? does this sound legit?

Thanks

We had a similar offer a while back. DH had filled out a contest coupon at the local mall. Little did he know that it was for this travel company. We would have had to go to Virginia for the official drawing, etc and they would make travel arrangements for us, both spouses had to be present, yadda, yadda, yadda.

It sounded like a scheme to sell timeshares to me and I never responded to any more of their phone calls not the letter that they sent later.

Hmmm, interesting.

They did say that the drawing would be held here in their Pittsburgh office.

We may check it out and walk out if they say something like that.

Checked with the BBB, they said that there have been complaints filed, but they have been resolved and that it is a normal amount of complaints associated with a business like this?

Just remember that if you win something you should not have to pay any money at all (the only money you have to pay is for taxes and that would go directly to the government). If the event is near you, I would go. Remember you can always walk out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter