I think I love Coronado...Talk to me Coronado fans

PersonalizedMouse

PersonalizedMouse
We have always stayed BVI and Contemporary. As the kids get older I'm looking into two rooms. I started scoping out moderates and I think I fell in love in Coronado....The pictures of the Casitas at night look beautiful.

I was wonder if Coronado lovers could tell me a little about the property and give me your insights..

Could you recommend a Casita near everything.
I also hear mixed reviews about dining.
Whats transportation like? Who do you share a bus with?

Thanks guys for always helping out!:hippie:

We stayed at CSR last November and loved it so much we booked it for this year's trip too!

We were in Casitas 4, which was perfect for us. We were right at Bus Stop 2, which is actually the first stop for the resort and about a five minute stroll from El Centro and Pepper Market. A quiet pool was right by us. The cabanas are the closest to the Dig Site, but we weren't concerned with that. We did book preferred for this year to be a little closer to El Centro since we will have mugs- but it took me less than 10 minutes from Casita 4 to go fill our mugs.

Coronado doesn't share busses with other resorts- there are 4 stops at Coronado itself though. We found ourselves being the only ones on the bus several times during our stay, and never had issues of any kind.

We ate breakfast at Pepper Market several times, but that was before it was a Buffett. It sounds like it is the same food and setup now, just one price for everything. It was crowded one day for us during breakfast, but other than that one day it was really quick and not that busy.

Have a great trip!

We loved CSR...the rooms are lovely, beds ultra comfy and we just loved the grounds and sprawling layout around the lake. It was just hubby and I and we were in Casitas 3 which was perfect...there were convention goers there and that was fine...very quiet! Ate at Pepper Market buffet once for breakfast and it was a very nice buffet...Cafe Rix seemed a bit small for the size of resort...definitely not on par with the food courts at other moderates or value resorts...did not ride the buses so can't comment..

Love it! Stayed in 2010 and going back in 2012.

It's a moderate with a deluxe feel to it. People will say it's too spread out, but honestly it's no worse than far flung rooms at POR. It feels like a shorter walk around the resort since the lake is central and you can see where you are going. It's a pretty walk, too! We actually requested Cabanas (where we were last time) or Ranchos as we like the themes of those sections. You can hop on any park bus to get a ride to El Centro because the park buses always stop there last.

The pool slide is the longest resort pool slide, and the pool bar offers more food than the pool bars at the other mods. Pepper Market is nice, though $$ if you're not on the DDP.

The bus service was pretty good overall and the cast members were friendly. Mousekeeping was OK--that's hit or miss at any resort.

We're looking forward to another stay there!

We love CSR funny we stayed a CR the last time and it was great but I think we'll be staying at CSR the next time. So far, the 3xs we've stayed have been very quiet.

We usually drive so I can't say much about the buses.

We love the pool at the Dig site and the Jaguar water slide is alot of fun.

http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Have a great trip.

Coronado was the last moderate we tried and liked it better than the others. The Dig Dite pool is fantastic. We stayed at Ranchos 6. We had a vehicle but it was beautiful and quiet back there and were close to pool. The walk isn't too bad to main lobby and restaurants just take the bridge over lago dorado. We enjoy the Maya Grill also. Enjoy!

CSR is a really lovely resort. The theme of each section is great. If you want to be close to everything, you can pay a little extra for a preferred room. This definitely puts you in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. I paid for a preferred room and also received fourth floor view of Lago Dorado! It was beautiful.

The rooms are big, have plenty of storage, comfortable beds, and deluxe toiletries. I don't know if it is just because I am at WDW- I have never slept better in a bed than at CSR.

Pepper Market has been consistently great for dining. The breakfast buffet literally has everything you could want for breakfast, at a counter service price! The waitresses and hostesses are super sweet.

Lots of guests complain about the size, which I don't get. Yes, it is a big resort. Yes, you will walk in the parks also. A little exercise never hurt anyone.

The bus route at CSR is very convenient. I have never had to wait for a second bus because the one that stopped was too full. Transportation is prompt. During my most recent trip, there was always a CM at bus stop 1 making sure the arriving buses met the demand of the amount of guests at the bus stop.

Pepper Market has been consistently great for dining. The breakfast buffet literally has everything you could want for breakfast, at a counter service price! The waitresses and hostesses are super sweet.

What a great thread. After a bit of deliberation, we have booked Coronado for next year, coupled with a UK offer.

Question about Pepper market - can you have the buffet n counter service/quick ddp?

Any other ideas about the resort welcomed.

The buffet breakfast/lunch is on the DDP (1x QS credit)

FWIW, we love Coronado, and are going back again this year for another 3 weeks (did 3 weeks there in 2009 and it was great), the resort is lovely and has it's distinct areas which are nice to walk around. It certainly does have a deluxe feel - the only difference being no personal balconies and a bit more of a walk :lmao:, the scenery is beautiful as well

The rooms were refurbished before we went in 2009 with queen sized beds and big TVs, the new colour scheme is much more modern and subdued compared to the old scheme, and it does give it a more 'grown up' feel I think.

The buffet breakfast/lunch is on the DDP (1x QS credit)

FWIW, we love Coronado, and are going back again this year for another 3 weeks (did 3 weeks there in 2009 and it was great), the resort is lovely and has it's distinct areas which are nice to walk around. It certainly does have a deluxe feel - the only difference being no personal balconies and a bit more of a walk :lmao:, the scenery is beautiful as well

The rooms were refurbished before we went in 2009 with queen sized beds and big TVs, the new colour scheme is much more modern and subdued compared to the old scheme, and it does give it a more 'grown up' feel I think.

Is it really one QS credit, and not a table service? We are deciding right now where to stay, and that may be the deciding factor...

We have stayed at CSR 4 times and really love it there. The theming is perfect, the scenery is amazingly beautiful. We've had excellent luck with the bus service there - only waited more than 20 minutes maybe a handful of times in 4 stays there, and we've rarely had to stand, either. CSR is fairly centrally located and it's a quick ride to the parks. We eat at Pepper Market usually once or twice per trip and always enjoy it and prefer the method of eating first, paying later, over waiting in line to pay while our food gets cold. The rooms at CSR are very comfortable and have an upscale feeling to them.

Good luck with your decision!

This thread is making me feel a little better, but man, I'm stressed over my decision to book my family and another family traveling with us. Complaints about Pepper Market food quality now that it's a buffet and a lot of the food isn't made fresh, the inefficiency of Cafe Rix and the long walks from Ranchos (which is where we actually want to stay), I was thinking about switching to our old favorite moderate, POR Riverside.

Your making me feel better though.

Any suggestions for which building in Ranchos that has a pretty view out the window and is still close enough to the dig site and the bus stop?

PPL can give their point of view but you need to book CSR to find what your view is! DIS is an awesome place but all the research won't show how you will react. Use this forum to request the right spot at CSR. It is an awesome place but I prefer POR. See! You and only you will know if you make the right choice. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter