• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think I have problems.

luke6417

Mouseketeer
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations. The cm was very nice and informed me that I had personally made 57 resort reservations. That's right 57. Now to make matters worse, I made my first reservation for my Honeymoon. I've only been married for a little over 7 years. What's even funnier is that my son is only 18 months old, so the majority of these trips were made before we ever had kids. It gets even worse. I no longer live in Florida and have maintained a Florida DL just so that I could buy my seasonal passes. One other little thing that I forgot to mention, the 57 reservations were just the ones that I made. This doesn't include the 100 plus times that I went as a child with my parents. I have been either a seasonal or annual passholders sice the age of 4. I am now 27. Will this ever stop? A couple of my students (I think they were just jealous) asked me if I would ever grow out of this. I thought about it for a minute and simply replied, "Why?":thumbsup2

Ummm, so. . .What is the problem?:confused3 :rotfl2:

Welcome to the DISboards WDW Addiction Support Group, the only addiction group that encourages you to continue with your addiction and even helps you to rationalize how healthy it is, and encourages you to become a "dealer" for others!

So say it loud and proud: My name is Luke6417 and I am a WDW Addict!:mic:

You are among like minded friends here. :thumbsup2

I thought for a minute you were a victim of identity theft. Have you actually been to WDW 57 times like the CM said? Wow.

Yes I have actually had 57 reservations myself and I've counted over 100 different reservations that I went with my parents when I was younger. Now I will admit that on a few occasions I have stayed at three different hotels on one trip. I will also admit that when we were living in Loxahatchee it was nothing for us to get up early on a Saturday morning and make a resevation on the way up just for Saturday night. The first year we were married we maid 16 different reservations. Nearly 80% of the trips we took were to FW though. When I was very young my parents bought a travel trailer and a Suburban. At the time we were living in North Miami and FW was our destination of choice. I remember staying for $29 per night on several occasions.

A couple comments:

#1 I am jealous - brutally honest - I AM JEALOUS!
#2 We need to address that child of yours. We need to be honest. I am sure the little one is already tattooed in M & M. What was the dear child's first word. POOH? By the time the child is three I bet you will be able to rent your family out as tour guides in the park. Really you might start a business from your experience. 57 Ressies! Everyone knows your name. Disney is like Cheers to you! Just beware your child made need counseling before turning 18. Soon your son will be a young adult and want to move out. Is Cindy's castle available for rent?

Just kidding! I hope I made you smile. Your 57 made me smile!

His favorite show right now is Handy Manny. Our second child (we're calling it TBD right now) will have been 5 times before he or she is born. I have have a wonderful time sharing WDW with the people around me. I live in Mississippi now and have several students who have never been out of the state. I'm considered a local expert in our little community. I have parents of my students ask me questions all the time. I've planned and booked an entire trip for one of my softball player's families. I guess everybody needs their escape and mine is WDW. I've been to theme parks all over the Eastern US and have yet to find andything remotely comparable to WDW. There is no other place that I have found that makes me completely forget about the outside world and to me that's the reason I go. I could spend a week on Disney property and never set foot in one of the parks and still have a woderful vacation.

I am so jealous too! I wish we could go for just a weekend. It would take us two days to drive there. Lucky you!!

I think it's great you have a place you can vacation 57 times and still love going back. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I live in South Dakota and only wish I could visit that often. Perhaps they are also jealous.:)

:rotfl2: As I'm reading your post I keep waiting for the punch line. Like there were a bunch of people that had the same name as you, or that WDW had some kind of glitch in their system. :rotfl: Then imagine the look on my face as I get to the end and realize that you've actually been that many times. Total jealousy!!!!

That's so awesome that you have been so many times! And you have many more years of fun ahead of you with your 18mos old.

Now how can I convince DH to move to FL and become lifetime annual passholders?

Imagine adding up all the $$$ you spent? Too bad the CM didn't give you that total instead of 57.

I really don't wnat them to do that. My wife is kind of on the cheap side any way and that would probably just make her mad.

As far as keeping it interesting goes, we just relax. We've done everything (pretty much) so we're never in a hurry. If there is a line that we think is too long, we do something else. We get up first thing in the morning and go to the park. We usually return to our hotel by 11 am. Then we usually don't go back until it's getting dark. By that time we find somewhere to watch fireworks and snack. We also enjoy watching all the park comandoes who have been there all day. They're usually miserable and yelling at each other by then and it amuses us.

Also, I have went through many WDW phases. I went as a kid and did all that stuff, then as a teenager I was intereted in different things. As newlyweds, it was a romantic getaway and now as parents, we're back to doing the kiddie things.

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I am jealous. 57 and more ressies, amazing. I wonder that you already explore and experienced all places in WDW.:thumbsup2

:welcome:

$29 a night!!!!!

SIGN ME UP!!!! :wave2:

100+ and counting, wow, WOW....

Thats pretty cool,but for me theres a whole world out there to be discovered....:drive: :drive:

$29 a night!!!!!

Thats pretty cool,but for me theres a whole world out there to be discovered....:drive: :drive:

Yeah---It's called EPCOT!

OP---What a joy to read your post. I'm sure you are feeling the jealousy through the computer. You are right about the relaxing part. I have been fortunate to have friends who moved to Orlando in 2000 and I made my 1st visit there at the age of 51. I fell in love with WDW. Keep passing on your enthusiasm...:mickeyjum

I thought for a minute you were a victim of identity theft. Have you actually been to WDW 57 times like the CM said? Wow.

I thought the same thing! Wow! 57 times, plus 100 or so? It never gets old? Obviously not. I'm glad you love it so much. I thought I was addicted until I read your post. ;)

I really don't wnat them to do that. My wife is kind of on the cheap side any way and that would probably just make her mad.

As far as keeping it interesting goes, we just relax. We've done everything (pretty much) so we're never in a hurry. If there is a line that we think is too long, we do something else. We get up first thing in the morning and go to the park. We usually return to our hotel by 11 am. Then we usually don't go back until it's getting dark. By that time we find somewhere to watch fireworks and snack. We also enjoy watching all the park comandoes who have been there all day. They're usually miserable and yelling at each other by then and it amuses us.

Also, I have went through many WDW phases. I went as a kid and did all that stuff, then as a teenager I was intereted in different things. As newlyweds, it was a romantic getaway and now as parents, we're back to doing the kiddie things.

thats really great. I could definitely see it as a place to just sit back and relax, especially with all of the different environments that are offered.

$29 a night!!!!!

I completely agree about there being a whole world out there. In the past 8 years I have been to New York, Las Vegas and on a seven day Carribean cruise. Recently I have seemingly fallen in love with Great Smoky Mountain National park. Disney also provides us a great bit of convenience too. My inlaws still live in South Florida and going to WDW gives my wife an opportunity to see her family more often than if we went other places on vacation. Many of my best childhood memories were made at WDW. I'd like to be able to provide that kind of experience for my children as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter