• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I think I have bed bugs...

you know as i was clicking on this topic ..my brain kept saying "don't do it!". blah now I am totally freaked out. Especially now that somewhere in this post someone who stayed at the POR said they saw them. ugh

My poor son will be sleeping on the trundle near the floor that is pushed under the bed...and now I am completely grossed out...I hate bugs..I know all hotels can get them..but the whole trundle close to the floor from under the bed thing is really getting to me.

Why did I read this thread?:rotfl: why oh why oh why!

same here! between this thread and the one about the swine flu on the theme parks board, I'd say that I'm close to having my pre-trip panic attack. :rolleyes:

We were at Pop the last week of August. After reading bebug posts I was, for the first time every, afraid of getting a room with bedbugs. I checked the seam of our mattress and it was perfectly clean. I did get a few bites on my ankle which were horribly itchy. I showed my aunt who lives in Florida and she said it looked like ant bites. I got about 4 of them the first day and none for the rest of our trip.

I kept telling myself that there are around 2000 rooms at Pop Century. If they had an infestation of bedbugs I would have seen long lines at the front desk full of angry people. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I'm hoping these problems are the exception and most people don't have problems.

We just stayed at AKV Concierge-returned yesterday- and had no issues with bedbugs or cockroaches. We actually didn't see any bugs, we thought we might encouter some lovebugs but didn't.

Check out the Miami Herald and Orlando Sentinel for recent news. (I'm still a n00bie so I can post links for you guys)

The Orlando newspaper did a very good investigative report on this problem and exposed the State of Florida on its policies. Hopefully with this increased ability for the inspectors to actually look for, and if they find something, act upon their observations, we as guests will have more peace of mind.

Check out the Miami Herald and Orlando Sentinel for recent news. (I'm still a n00bie so I can post links for you guys)

The Orlando newspaper did a very good investigative report on this problem and exposed the State of Florida on its policies. Hopefully with this increased ability for the inspectors to actually look for, and if they find something, act upon their observations, we as guests will have more peace of mind.

I would speculate that you are probably right. I would also speculate that Disney is -- and has been -- as on top of the issue as anyone can possibly be.

Bugs happen, and they can, over time, become highly resistant to sprays, etc. In the end, Disney has no more power over Mother Nature than the rest of the planet, and I have total faith they are doing the very best they can do -- probably better than anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter