I think I ate too much, days 5 and 6 with photos

fabumouse

<font color=red>Maybe I should be less intimate wi
Days Five and Six:

Day Five:

When we picked up small child unit from parental units last night, they wanted to know what was on the agenda for day five. It’s the rest of Epcot! Guess what? Small child unit (who doesn’t usually get much of a vote, but we’ll let it slide this time) and much larger and vote-worthy FIL unit do NOT want to return to Epcot. As child stated “Epcot’s a little, weird”. :rotfl:

Best part about this is FIL took K swimming all day while MIL went with us for half a day. We did the Nations stuff (France film, Canadian Mounties shooting for 10 minutes film – what is up with that?, China Film) and came out of China to find the Bus full of characters, just itchin’ to pose for photos.

99631Epcot_Bussmall-med.JPG

99631Donaldsmall-med.JPG

Then went to Canada where we got one of the few photos of me:
99631Canada2small-med.JPG

And had lunch at my new favorite restaurant in the World – Le Cellier.
Oh baby. Tomato and basil tower, fresh bread, stunning cheese platter, fish, and yes, good wine. Tara was an excellent and friendly server and gosh, I absolutely love that place.

After lunch, we went to Mission to Mars, which is just the most nauseating Disney ride I’ve ever been on. It’s well done but a bit disconcerting, kind of like the Gravitron (the carnival ride that whips you in a circle so fast that they can drop the floor away and you stay plastered to the wall).

MIL returned to rescue FIL from the four year old bundle of frenetic energy and hubby and I wandered around watching street performers
99631Fable2small-med.JPG

until we got in line for the pre-show to Party for the Senses at Epcot. It was Russ Freeman and the Rippingtons.
99631Rippingtonssmall.JPG

People stood in the stand-by line for over 90 minutes for this. If you really like this band, please, please don’t take offense, but it was . . . . .boring. Just plain boring. (Hey! At least it wasn’t smelly!) The music was nice, but it was contemporary jazz, something you’d listen to while reading or eating or perhaps even napping, but nothing I’d normally choose to sit on a hard metal bench for any period of time either waiting for or listening to. At 6:10 (or ten minutes after the concert started) we snuck out of there to go to the real show of the evening, the Party for the Senses. It was better than I had hoped.
99631Party1small-med.JPG

You buy your tickets in advance, get a wine glass and a plate and enter the world of food and wine and floor show for 3 hours (It may be about now that you notice why it is that my thread started with I think I ate too much – this is where I finally popped). All the food is appetizer size, and included mushroom tortellini, pork, sashimi, shrimp, crab cakes, beef of various types, ham of various types, duck breast, gnocchi, roasted lamb, scallops and more! The wine was usually poured in small but complementary amounts (unless you are sitting with those people who have found the vineyard with the hefty pour, like some lucky partiers I know) and there were desserts everywhere, but the peanut butter cookie with marshmallow ice cream and bananas in a rum-caramel sauce was the most popular at our table. Mmmmm fluffer-nutter.

During the evening, Cirque du Soleil did a mini-show in the center of the room a few times and the characters milled about on the floor when they were not doing the staged performance.

99631Party2small-med.JPG

We sat with about 8 other people. 4 of them were together and were doing their own thing, but the other four are our new best friends. Must have been that last glass of ice wine that made us get those matching tattoos.

Anyhow, the experience comes with a written guide, and we had an 11 year old girl at our table who ate and critiqued most everything in the show (so we had a guide for the guide) and I don’t think we ate a less than perfect thing all night. Thanks, Sara!

Day Six:

Today was MGM day.
99631MGMsmall-med.JPG

I think on K’s vacation continuum, it was the least-favored day. But at least she and her highly trained assistants kept us from getting lost.
99631Mapchecksmall-med.JPG

We took her to Disney Playhouse (loved it),
99631Playhouse3small-med.JPG

Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Ursula scared the bejeezes out of her but liked the rest), the Backlot Tour (thought it was boring, except for Catastrophe Canyon), and I got a pretty decent shot of the wall of water:
99631Backlot1small.JPG

Muppet Vision (so loud she had to leave the theater) and Star Tours (a bit too loud, but she was desperate at this point).
99631Speeder2small-med.JPG

And that’s about it for the day. She conned FIL to buy her a foot long hot dog right before lunch and she ate all of it and went to lunch with us to Mama Melrose’s and ate an entire other lunch of pizza and soup. Add to that a popcorn and a banana, all before 2pm, and we were all watching her for bodily emissions or explosions of some sort or another. :earseek:

Fortunately, none came. We took ‘rents on Tower of Terror without warning them what happens – that was fun. Then to the Rock ‘n’ roller coaster, also without warning. Unfortunately the screams sort of gave it away. We had good ride Karma and got in the front seat twice. I love not being able to see anything but big dips ahead. Wanted to see the stunt show, but our dinner reservations at Hollywood and Vine (as part of the package for Fantasmic) were soon, so we headed to the buffet. It was okay, better than the Garden Grill. And at least the sugar-free ice cream and berry cobbler really was sugar free. We then headed out to Fantasmic.

:bounce: Wow!!!! I had never seen it and I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was amazed at the integration between people and floats and fireworks and water projection. It was worth every second of waiting (even including the crowd “waves” we were compelled to participate in). What a great way to end the night. The ‘rents took K back to the hotel, while hubby and I went to ToT and the RR Coaster one last time. By the time we returned, FIL had succumbed to all the travel, heat, walking, failure to drink enough water, and hordes of small germy children (including our own) and we found him malaising on his bed. :guilty:

On my way up to my room, I ask the front desk about getting washcloths shaped like Mickey, and I was informed it’s just not a by-request item. You’re either lucky enough to get the mousekeeper who has time on his/her hands or you’re not. Lots of conventioneers and lots of refugees from the recent hurricanes meant full capacity and busy mousekeepers. Sigh. :wave:

Thank you for the pictures and the narrative! Very enjoyable, and what lovely pictures and dear little ones!

I'm really enjoying your report. Thanks so much for continuing. Great photos!
My 5 yr old dd found MGM a bit much too. However, my 10 yr old would like to live there. And although Epcot was my favourite, I am alone in my opinion with my family. Maybe if we'd been there for the party for the senses, we'd have made some new best friends too and DH would have been more caught up in the Epcot experience. :rotfl:

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

really enjoying your report and the photos too. we can't wait to eat at the world in a few days ourselves. can't wait to read the end. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter