I switched back to OKW, but....

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Well, we have an upcoming vacation in December... Originally I'd reserved a 1 bedroom unit at OKW... then at 7 months I switched over to VWL... Well, I saw the units in September, and I really knew I'd be unhappy... I've tried a few times to switch the reservation to OKW or BWV's, but nothing was available.....

Well, to make a long story short, I got lucky this morning... I was able to reserve all but the first night at OKW in a 2 bedroom unit... The 2 bedroom is the same points as the VWL 1 bedroom...

But... this unit is TOO BIG for us LOL... Not much to complain about, but what on earth are we gonna do with all that room!!! It's just us & our two children ages 4 & 6!! Geesh, I feel like inviting the neighbors or something!!!!

So, now I've waitlisted for the First night, December 2nd... I feel pretty confident it will come up.... But what are we gonna do with all that room???? :D

COME ON OVER!!!!

Pam, do you know which bus stop gets picked up first on the way to the parks?

Thanks!

I'm not sure. I think it's Peninsular (pre-new construction it used to be Miller's Road) although it might be Hospitality House if they do a full circle of HH all the stops and then HH again. I know it's not South Point or Old Turtle Pond. ;) Big help, huh?

this is my fault it used to always stop at Miller's road or the HH first. I complainted with others that this is what was leading to everyone asking for the HH. So they changed it now it generally stops at peninsular road first most of the time, then South Pointe road (this used to be the last stop), then old trutle pond road, then miller road, then HH. I asked that they change the way the bus stop each time a bus visited the resort - you now do Peninsular road the first time, the next time do miller road, and so on- then was when the bus policy stated that when the bus was full it was to go to the parks. So alot of places South Pointe being one you can sit out and wait for the bus for EE from 7:00 to 8:15 (which we did one time). This change is not what I asked for - but at least they are trying. this was the schedule when we were there in September.

you will love the 2-bedroom - you get the master bedroom, put your children in the second bedroom everyone has room and fun. of course you will have a problem going back to the 1-bedroom once you get use to having 2 bathrooms to get the kids ready in the morning.

Chris

Enjoy the 2BR. You can sit in the LR in watch TV with the kids in the 2nd BR. The kids can sleep late(??) and you and DW can enjoy your morning coffee and maybe sit on the patio and watch the golfers or wildlife or some of the placed waters.

Thanks Everyone :) Last time we got a 2 bedroom at HH, the kids STILL slept in the Master bedroom with us!!! Our son is 6 & just now accepting that it's okay to sleep on the pullout sofa in the living room!! It should be fun, I'll hope to add on the 2 bedroom our first night though, otherwise we'll be homeless LOL...

I think you have the wrong approach here!;) What you need to do is try to rent a room and pay for your vacation. Take bids on the studio portion of your home!!!! Anything you make will be money in your pocket and you will get the one bedroom you so dearly wanted! I have my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, but here is a way you could invite whoever you want and they could have a cheap vacation and you could make some money since these are typically lock-off units.;)

I see your approach here Doctor P.... Why give it away when you can rent it for money!!! :D As long as they don't want to fit six in the studio right???

Does OKW have any dedicated 2 bedrooms? or are they all lock offs? I'm thinking the new buildings have the dedicated units? Any idea?

As far as I know, it's the older buildings at OKW that have the dedicated 2 bedrooms.

You can invite me and my husband and 9yr son. We'll gladly help with 1 of the bedrooms!

I don't know about you ....
But the extra bath room will come in handy.
Three TV's as well. Everyone can watch what they want!

We had a 2 bdr at OKW on our last visit and it was heaven. We leave on Sunday for a stay in a BW 1 bdr. My DH is already complaining about the smaller rooms. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

dvcreg, What do you call the "older" buildings? We have stayed in dedicated 2 bedrooms in buildings 55 and 56 and they are not from the first or second installment of buildings at OKW, so I would not call them the "older" ones.

even the older buildings have lock off I know 18 does. so the dedicated and the "lock-offs" are all around the resort.

You have to ask specially for a "lock-off" at OKW - they generally use these for a 1-bedroom and a studio. If your reservations does not say "lock-off" you are getting a dedicated 2-bedroom.

However with a dedicated bedroom I would not worry about the children trying to run off without you - only one outside door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter