I sure hope the crowds go down by the 26th...

I think the 7 is for MK on April 28 (Monday).
Every Monday after that for the next few weeks is a 7.

The "7" is for all parks-they don't list an index for each park. But they do recommend Hollywood Studios and say to avoid Epcot and AK for that day.

:goodvibes Thank you for the quick responses. I went ahead and did a google search. :thumbsup2 It sounds like you got your information from the same site I did.

- Jennifer

I don't have the Unoff. guide...

so it says...5's for our week? Apr 26 - May 3rd???

we are actually in parks Apr 27 - May 2nd.....

are 5's good...they sound good.:thumbsup2

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news ..... but it's good news to us!

My daughter's middle school band is heading to WDW on 4/25-27 for Magic Music Days. We are traveling with 90 band kids, 40 chaperones, and another 40 family members. They're doing the "You're Instrumental" workshop (outside of the parks) on 4/25 and will be performing at the Galaxy Palace Theatre in Tomorrowland at MK that afternoon. After that we will be visiting the parks in small groups WITH chaperones Friday evening, Sat & Sun. Kids must have chaperones with them at ALL times -- these are 7th & 8th graders and we're not turning them loose in the parks unaccompanied!

We're staying at POR.....but do not know yet if we'll be in Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Place. We arrive the evening of 4/24 and leave bright and early 4/28.

And as far as the cheering competition, keep in mind that the Indiana Jones Show will be CLOSED on Sat/Sun since the competition will be held there!

We have so many kids on our trip who have NEVER been to WDW before -- and probably will never have the chance or means to go again!! I'm helping pull together tips from all you DISers for a special trip for these kids. Thanks to all of you!

What a great opportunity for those children and how nice of you to want to make it worthwhile for them.
My daughter is in the color guard and going with her marching band this weekend. She is lucky enough that we get to go quite a bit, but many of her friends are just as you said, have never been before, and may not be able to go again for a long time. What a great experience.
We are a group of about 80 band members, with a few families doing the tag-along to watch(yay us:cool1: ). We are hoping also the crowds will not be too much as the kids will be sharing park time with performances and workshops and hope they will be able to ride as many of the things they want as possible.
They will be allowed to roam the parks on their own as they are in high school, but have been read the riot act and are a bunch of very nice, respectable young adults.
Good luck to your daughter and we may be in the MK on the 25th, if we are we will look for their performance.

Going on our 1st ever WDW family vacation...April 26th-May4th - POR:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Looks like we will have lots of company:crowded:

See you all there...We can't wait.

Going on our 1st ever WDW family vacation...April 26th-May4th - POR:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Looks like we will have lots of company:crowded:

See you all there...We can't wait.

:crowded: There are more and more people coming out of the woodwork for this week. Maybe, it is a great DISers best kept secret week? We'll be the only ones in the parks. Right?!?!?!?!?! ;)

:woohoo: We'll all be there soon. I've already started dreaming "Disney". Yes, call me strange. I have an addiction. The only cure . . . A trip to "The World". :wizard:

I can't wait to try my first Dole Whip. Is anyone else doing any "firsts" this trip?

- Jennifer

Firsts for us will be...

Expedition Everest
Dinner at Victoria and Alberts
Staying at POFQ
Fantasmic for dh
Full show of Wishes

I can't wait!!! :banana:

Spring break here is NEXT week for us. Hopefully things die down after that! We're not leaving until May 10th so we have some time.

Good luck to everyone going soon!

Add two more to the April/May DISers... My wife and I will be at the Beach Club April 27th through the 30th, then on the Wonder for three days!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dennis-

Firsts for us will be...

Dinner at Victoria and Alberts

I can't wait!!! :banana:

You have to tell me how that is when you get back. I heard that they don't even allow children in the restaurant. :cloud9: That would be pure heaven after being in the parks all day with the kiddos. :dance3: Hopefully, we can experience it on a future WDW trip. Have a great meal! :goodvibes

- Jennifer

Add 3 more to the April/May crowd!

April 27th-May 2nd Boardwalk Villas.:banana: :banana:

ooohhh nooooo big crowds my son dont to to well with that lets pray it dies down :eek: :worship:

What a great opportunity for those children and how nice of you to want to make it worthwhile for them.
My daughter is in the color guard and going with her marching band this weekend. She is lucky enough that we get to go quite a bit, but many of her friends are just as you said, have never been before, and may not be able to go again for a long time. What a great experience.
We are a group of about 80 band members, with a few families doing the tag-along to watch(yay us:cool1: ). We are hoping also the crowds will not be too much as the kids will be sharing park time with performances and workshops and hope they will be able to ride as many of the things they want as possible.
They will be allowed to roam the parks on their own as they are in high school, but have been read the riot act and are a bunch of very nice, respectable young adults.
Good luck to your daughter and we may be in the MK on the 25th, if we are we will look for their performance.

Everyone: Approximately 90 7th & 8th graders from the J. B. Martin Middle School Band from Paradis, LA, will be performing at the Galaxy Palace Theatre in Tomorrowland on Friday, April 25, at 2:45 pm. I'll be along with them and it will be easy to spot me even though I'll be in a sea of red J.B. Martin shirts because I'll have a lime green Mickey head :thumbsup2 pinned on and I'll be the one sobbing during the whole thing!! (Okay, this is ridiculous: I'm tearing up just typing this!!!!)

We'd love for all you DISers who are in MK that afternoon to give these fine musicians your support. (BTW, we arrive back home Monday night and 2 days later the whole band leaves at 3 am to go to our state band festival. It's the first time our school qualifies for state in many years!!! They've had an awesome year!!)

Mydisneykids: I'd love for you to post a report on how your DD's band trip goes this weekend if you have a chance!! good luck!!

Add 3 more disers to early May- May3- May10- our first time in the spring- we always go for "free dining" in September. We bought DVC in Sept 2007, and we are going to stay at AKV for our first DVC stay!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

It does seem like alot of us our going to be there the last wk in april beginning of may:thumbsup2 My Dh keeps reminding me that the dis boards a just make up a small percentage of people who will be there and the parks get thousands of visitors a day.
I also thought my expeience in september may also help calm fears about crowds: Here it goes.
We went over labor day last yr(free dinning) and were one of the lucky family to get the free upgrade from the values to a 1 bdroom at OKW. We were told when we called that this was do to the overflow at the values with free dinning and that they had no more rooms left at the values and they wanted to open up more rooms so people could still book free dinning. They only did this for people checking in over labor day. We took the upgrade but we were terrified over what the crowd levels would be. I stressed the next few mths till we left. Let me tell you it was not that busy as I thought it would be. Yes we got to the parks in the AM and the major attractions in the afternoon had long waits but we used FP and rode them before the crowds got to the park. We never had to stand up on the bus even though we were at OKW our extended family were still at the values and said the bus lines weren't that bad and they said the food court was not over crowded. The only time we left a park because of crowds was the AK on labor day. They had AM EMH and it was hotter than h***. Other than that we had a blast!
Hope this helps ease the stress over crowds.

We'll be there as well - add 3 more! 4/26 through 5/2 at POP.

(and we didn't have any significant problems during free dining in 2006 either so we're doing it again this year ;) )

April 27th-May 2nd Boardwalk Villas.:banana: :banana:

Howdy, vacation twin! :wave: We're going to be at BWV for those exact same dates.

I'm actually not worried at all about crowds. The week looks good in terms of UG ratings and resort availability and I haven't had a single problem making ADRs, even this close to the trip. That's usually how I gauge how bad the crowds are going to be. From where I sit, all signs point to GO for a wonderful trip!

Plus, the only time where crowds ever really took the shine off of the apple for me was during Christmas. That was just rotten. But we've now gone almost every other time of the year and it has always been fine. WDW is built to accomodate crowds. The CMs know how to work with crowds. Tour smart, use Fastpass, and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter