I snuck away to Disneyland for a few hours - A pictorial report

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
My mom and I flew in to Southern California for a family event and while my mom stayed with the family at home, I snuck away for a few hours to visit Disneyland yesterday. Here are a few shots I'd like to share with you all.

DSC04267.jpg

I entered through the Harbor Blvd / Disney Way entrance, but was sent to the Mickey & Friends parking structure anyway.

DSC04275.jpg

The main entrance wasn't that busy. I was able to use my WDW park-hopper at Disneyland, so I was able to bypass the ticket booths.

DSC04277.jpg

Mary Poppins must have been late for a tea party somewhere. She walked away pretty quickly.

DSC04281.jpg

What a beautiful scene on such a lovely day.

DSC04282.jpg

The Disneyland band was playing in Town Square.

DSC04285.jpg

Just beautiful.

DSC04286.jpg

I wish we had the Matterhorn in Florida.

DSC04287.jpg

Tomorrowland ... I prefer the one at WDW. Disneyland needs a peoplemover badly.

DSC04312.jpg

The wait for the Jungle Cruise .... 5 minutes. Excellent and lots of fun.

DSC04314.jpg

I love this sight. The Mark Twain is so pretty. Thank you Walt.

DSC04321.jpg

Big Thunder is always a treat anywhere in the world.

DSC04325.jpg

The Haunted Mansion was fun.

DSC04350.jpg

Believe it or not, this was my first time on Space Mountain at Disneyland. I was BLOWN AWAY. It was a million times better than the ones at WDW and TDL. I had a grin on my face from start to finish. The ride was so smooth and the lights and music made it fantastic.

DSC04371.jpg

After a ride on Indy and lunch, I hopped over to DCA. It's a nice park despite what some people say - needs more rides, though.

DSC04374.jpg

This one's for my friend .... Handy Manny.

DSC04378.jpg

The Toy Story Zoetrope. This is a must see.

DSC04395.jpg

My first time on Monsters Inc. Was it my imagination or did Roz talk to me?

DSC04398.jpg

My Adam loves sour dough bread. He didn't join me on this trip, but I did the bakery tour in his honor.

DSC04413.jpg

Next stop was the Sun Wheel - non swinging for me, thank you very much.

DSC04423.jpg

The view - simply spectacular on such a gorgeous day. It's a shame we have to be confined in a cage for this as it's difficult to take pictures from this vantage point.

DSC04428.jpg

Paradise Pier in motion.

DSC04429.jpg

Pretty. I didn't want to get wet, so I skipped this awesome ride this time.

DSC04441.jpg

One of the highlights of my day - a ride on the newly reopened submarines. It was fun and a shame they did away with the version in the Magic Kingdom. I'm sure the WDW people are regretting their decision now.

IMG_0060.jpg

One last stop before heading home - the Main Street bakery. The Mickey cookies were overpriced and not as tasty as the black and white cookies from the deli.

IMG_0059.jpg

Walt is definitely at Disneyland. You can feel his spirit there.​

One friendly reminder ... remember to recharge your camera batteries before heading to the parks. Mine died while on the subs and the back up was completely drained. Fortunately I had my iPhone camera as a back up for the last few shots.

Thanks for the post! It makes me more excited for our trip in August! :) :) :)

Awesome pictorial trip report! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.:thumbsup2

BTW - it wasn't your imagination, Roz did talk to you. :goodvibes

How fun! I sure hope there will be lots of charecters out when i go! We went in october last year and only saw mickey once. I'm hoping when we go in september next year there will be alot more out! either that or i will ahve to hunt them down better!

Thank you so much!!!
I loved all the pictures!!
Makes me want to be there so bad!!

How did you get away with using your WDW pass?

We asked if we could use our DL passes at WDW and they said NO.

Thats Awesome!!!

Thanks!!!

Love it, and next time be sure to ride Space Mountain at last 3 times in a row. I agree, it is awesome!

I want to go )))))))))))))))))))))) I have 8 months to go :( thank you for the pics, looks like a nice day there!!

Beautiful pictures!! They gave me butterflies in my stomach from the excitement of knowing I'll be seeing it in 2 weeks! :cheer2:
Thanks for sharing!

Oh... How I long to see and feel the nice warm sun upon my face. It's might snow tonight! I love the pictures especially the Toy Story one. I remember how cool that was when I saw it. Hope you had fun and enjoyed your visit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter