I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

I had read a couple of these updates last week, but I had a lot going on so I never got back to comment- but I took notes and miraculously I found them.

Rope Drop:

Incredible start to the morning! You don't have to preach to me about the benefits of getting to the parks when they open and since my family tends to rise early naturally anyway, we are usually at the early EMH rope drop.

I love that you brought your own homemade waffles. That must take a little bit of the trouble out of breakfast.

The photopass pictures at the entrance in front of the train station are great. I also love your welcome show pictures- especially the ones with the characters.

GREAT call on hitting Peter Pan first thing. Ditto on Winnie the Pooh. That line can get long, quickly. And then you were right where you needed to be for the Mine Train!

I'm glad to hear you had fun interactions with the Princesses.

And you even managed the carousel (never done it) and Philharmagic.

Wow! Nicely done!!!

:goodvibes

Best Ride Ever:

That is a cute story about the little boy. I have enjoyed Small World the last couple of times I sailed (Aug 2014 and June 2015), but I can't say it is the Best Ride Ever by any stretch of the imagination. But maybe that poor boy had just come from Stitch, so the comment makes sense.

I have just been on Little Mermaid once, and it was deceptively difficult to get decent pictures. Yours were good.

Relatives Lie:

Disney really should give warnings about the possible consequences of Splash Mountain.

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

:rolleyes1

I really love the pictures with Woody and Jessie- Toy Story and especially TS2 are favorites- they were some of the first movies my oldest son was obsessed with.

My friend Teena and I watched the Hall of Presidents during our Jan visit to MK. We have never taken the kids, so it had probably been 20+ years and a few presidents since I last saw it. I think my boys would like it now because they both love history and my oldest is getting very interested in politics.

The HM photopass picture is awesome. I am sad, though because my friends wouldn't stop for a picture of us there.

That really is a fantastic picture of Belle and Lumiere in the show.

Cute pictures with Sebastian. One of my favorite Disney characters.

I'm glad you got to ride Big Thunder without much of a wait.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
I had read a couple of these updates last week, but I had a lot going on so I never got back to comment- but I took notes and miraculously I found them.

Wow, I'm really impressed that you took notes! I usually read, don't have time to comment, and then have to go back and reread a few days later.

Incredible start to the morning! You don't have to preach to me about the benefits of getting to the parks when they open and since my family tends to rise early naturally anyway, we are usually at the early EMH rope drop.

Thanks!
We are basically the opposite of early risers, but at Disney it really helps with the lines. We've never done early EMH (I actually don't know if we've ever done EMH at all), but that might be a little too early for us.

I love that you brought your own homemade waffles. That must take a little bit of the trouble out of breakfast.

It definitely makes breakfast a little earlier.
Although I am neurotic enough that I planned out all of our meals, and most of it was food we brought with us, so thankfully meal time was almost always easy.

The photopass pictures at the entrance in front of the train station are great. I also love your welcome show pictures- especially the ones with the characters.

Thanks!!

GREAT call on hitting Peter Pan first thing. Ditto on Winnie the Pooh. That line can get long, quickly. And then you were right where you needed to be for the Mine Train!

Yup! We hit two of my favorite attractions before the lines got long (although we can usually get a FP+ for Winnie the Pooh later in the day, so that wasn't such a big deal) and we were exactly where we needed to be for our first FP+!

I'm glad to hear you had fun interactions with the Princesses.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun with the princesses this trip (really, we always do).

And you even managed the carousel (never done it) and Philharmagic.

How have you never done the carousel? It's a really nice, relaxing short ride. As long as it doesn't make you dizzy.

Wow! Nicely done!!!

Thanks! The morning definitely started out better than planned!

That is a cute story about the little boy. I have enjoyed Small World the last couple of times I sailed (Aug 2014 and June 2015), but I can't say it is the Best Ride Ever by any stretch of the imagination. But maybe that poor boy had just come from Stitch, so the comment makes sense.

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't have been my pick for best ride ever, but it's certainly better than certain other rides!

I have just been on Little Mermaid once, and it was deceptively difficult to get decent pictures. Yours were good.

Thanks! It's definitely one of those rides that's hard to photograph, but I keep trying, and I was glad to get some good shots this trip.

Disney really should give warnings about the possible consequences of Splash Mountain.

Okay, I saw the signs, but ... there's a difference between wet and soaked! I'm okay with wet. I'm not okay with soaked!!

I really love the pictures with Woody and Jessie- Toy Story and especially TS2 are favorites- they were some of the first movies my oldest son was obsessed with.

Thanks! I really love all of the Toy Story movies, so we always try to see as many Toy Story characters as I can!

My friend Teena and I watched the Hall of Presidents during our Jan visit to MK. We have never taken the kids, so it had probably been 20+ years and a few presidents since I last saw it. I think my boys would like it now because they both love history and my oldest is getting very interested in politics.

I think we hadn't seen it since 2000 ... so not quite as long as you, but it had been a while. We're big history people, and I definitely think it's worth checking out if the boys like history. Maybe not every trip, but every once in a while.

The HM photopass picture is awesome. I am sad, though because my friends wouldn't stop for a picture of us there.

Thanks! That's sad ... it was definitely a good place to stop for pictures!

That really is a fantastic picture of Belle and Lumiere in the show.

Thanks! Beth took it, and I think she did a great job!

Cute pictures with Sebastian. One of my favorite Disney characters.

Thanks! Sebastian is also one of my favorites ... I love Little Mermaid, and that movie just would not be the same without him!

I'm glad you got to ride Big Thunder without much of a wait.

Thanks - so are we! We were definitely disappointed that we couldn't get a FP+, so we were very happy to get a short wait.

Day 2, Chapter 4: Shopping Time!
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016

At the end of my last update, we were leaving Magic Kingdom. Our next stop? The race expo. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of our journey to the expo, so you’ll have to settle for just words for this part (this update in general is very word-heavy and picture-light).

Just an FYI: I know I have some readers here who are contemplating and/or planning their first runDisney event, so I wanted to go into a lot of detail for this part. I know that some of you aren’t interested in the minutia of the runDisney experience, and I hope this isn’t too boring for you guys! I promise, there will be some more fun park stuff coming up at some point in time. You just have to get through some race stuff first.

We needed to get to the race expo to pick up our race materials. The race expo (technically called the “Health and Fitness Expo”) is held at ESPN Wide World of Sports, and there are buses that go from the host resorts (for this weekend that was all of them) to WWOS, but there’s no direct transportation from the parks. Buses are not your regular Disney transportation – they’re coach buses, and each bus serves several resorts. And the bus stops are not necessarily at or near your regular bus stops (sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t, and sometimes the bus stop moves).

Rather than head back to our hotel and take another bus to WWOS, we decided to just walk to the Contemporary and take a bus from there. We found the walking path to the Contemporary easily enough … but once we were there we had a hard time finding the race weekend transportation. We looked around a bit and finally found it … by the convention center. I guess if you were staying there you were supposed to know that? (We found a sign about the race, but I saw nothing on it about the convention center)

We waited a little bit for a bus, and then boarded the bus and headed over to the Expo.

Once you get off the bus at WWOS, there are volunteers showing you where to go … but mostly we just follow the crowds. It just looks like parking lots and whatnot until you see …

WDW2016_Day2_307.jpg

If you look on the right side of that picture, you’ll see some banners. There’s one for each race, and they make for a great photo op. See evidence below.

WDW2016_Day2_309.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_311.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_313.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_314.jpg

Photo op complete, it was time for us to start the real work of the expo – picking up our race packets and shopping! For this race weekend, the expo was spread across three venues – Champion Stadium, the HP Field Center, and the Jostens Center (yes, like the yearbooks). Because of the setup and the combination of races that we were doing, we had to visit all three venues.

We started off at …

WDW2016_Day2_318.jpg

During that most wonderful time of the year known as Spring Training, Champion Stadium is the home of the Atlanta Braves (for now, at least). But during Marathon Weekend, it houses 5K packet pickup and a number of vendors.

We browsed the vendors and didn’t see anyone who interested us enough to stop, so we made our way over to packet pickup. Approximately a month to two weeks before the event, runDisney will upload waivers to a website (I believe it’s done through Track Shack, the race management company that rD uses for their events). Participants in any race go to this website to download a waiver, which they (or if they’re under 18, a parent or guardian) sign to release runDisney from liability blah blah blah (also … there’s something on the waiver about selfie sticks). In order to get your race materials, you have to show a photo ID and hand in your signed waiver. For each race, there will be a series of lines, divided up by your race bib number (your bib number is on your waiver). You wait in your respective line and hand your waiver and photo ID to a volunteer. The volunteer will check your ID, take your waiver, hand you your race bib and any commemorative pins you may have chosen to order (this can be done as part of your race registration or at a later point), and asks you to sign and initial a book confirming that you have received your bib (and pin). You will also be handed an event guide, a sticker with your first initial and bib number, and apparently some costume guidelines.
Yeah, this costume stuff was all pretty last minute.

Once you have your bib, you head over to another table. This one is divided up by shirt size. You wait in line for the size shirt that you ordered (this is something you choose during registration), and the volunteer will rip the top off of your bib, take that, and hand you a shirt and a bag in exchange (although some of them will put the shirt in the bag, which I appreciate, because it saves me from having to do it). This bag is a clear plastic drawstring bag that says runDisney on it and has a rectangular space for that sticker you got with your bib. This is your gEAR check bag – basically, if you want to check a bag on the day of the race, this is the bag. You attach your sticker in the appropriate area, fill the bag up with whatever stuff you will want after the race, and then drop it off at the gEAR check area on the morning of the race. I can’t tell you anything beyond that, since we’ve never checked bags.

But anyway … back to the expo. We picked up our bibs, and got our shirts and gEAR check bags. The gEAR check bags also generally contain a small baggie with four safety pins (important for attaching your bib to your clothing for the race) and some sort of nutrition bar. This year it was Clif bars, which I actually had never tried before (I kept thinking about it but never did), and we enjoyed enough to buy some at Costco last week.

Once we had finished picking up our 5K stuff and realized that there was nothing that interested us at Champion Stadium, it was time to head to our next stop…

WDW2016_Day2_325.jpg

Before we went in, we took some more pictures:

WDW2016_Day2_320.jpg

WDW2016_Day2_321.jpg

(although looking at them now, I think those pictures are actually outside Champion Stadium)

Back to the Field House.
HP Field House is the home of packet pickup and a runDisney official merchandise location (there’s also one in the Jostens Center). We went in, headed down the stairs (which was a big difference from Princess last year, where bib pickup was upstairs), waited in line (I don’t remember if we were in the same line or different lines … our bib numbers were close, but not super close), handed our waivers and IDs to the volunteer, and were handed an event guide, costume guidelines, and our bibs (and in Beth’s case, her pin).

There was one thing in particular that I was looking for on my bib… the timing chip (I don’t have a picture of it, but if anyone really wants to see it, I can dig up my bib and take a picture). runDisney 5Ks are not officially timed (unless you’re doing it as part of the Dopey Challenge), so this was my first Disney bib with a timing chip. I had done a local timed race a few months earlier, and the timing chip on that one was big and covered with foam, which I didn’t love, so I was kinda nervous about what this one would look like. Turned out, I didn’t need to worry. It’s a tiny strip on one side of the back of the bib that you barely notice.

Anyway … once we had our bibs, we went upstairs to check out the official merchandise area. We looked around, but didn’t really see what we were looking for. No big deal, we figured we’d check out the other official merchandise area and see what we could find there.

We left the HP Field House and followed the footsteps and directions to Jostens Center.
What footsteps, you ask?

WDW2016_Day2_326.jpg

They had those footsteps in the area between the two buildings, and I thought they were kinda cute. The extra walking and stairs to get between the buildings weren’t quite as much fun, though. But we walked and walked and climbed stairs until we got to our next destination…

WDW2016_Day2_319.jpg

The Jostens Center was the last location on our agenda, but also the one where I figured I’d be spending the most time. The Jostens Center is where most of the expo vendors are located … oh yeah, and it’s also where we picked up our 10K t-shirts.

First stop was t-shirt pickup. As with the 5K, they took the top of our bibs and gave us a shirt and bag in exchange. We tried on the shirts (if they don’t fit, there is a place that you can exchange them), and they fit fine, so it was off to the shopping.

We had three main goals:
1 – ALL THE RAW THREADS (on sale, hopefully)!!!! If you read my PTR, you know Raw Threads. If not … you will learn soon enough.
2 – Official Merchandise – two shirts for Beth, and anything that jumped out at me
3 – Nutrition on sale, which we had seen at a different race expo. We had just been to the running store a few weeks earlier, so we were okay for the trip, but we figured that if we could get some cheap stuff at the expo, it would save us from having to go back to the running store for a little bit.

So … how did we do?

We stopped by Raw Threads first.
For those of you who are not yet familiar with Raw Threads … it’s a running apparel company. They do a lot of Disney-inspired designs, which are super cute. In fact, Beth’s 10K shirt was Raw Threads.
I feel like I’m forgetting something … oh yeah, their stuff is part bamboo (and part organic cotton, which is also soft). It’s the most insanely comfortable clothing I own. No joke. I have a short-sleeve v-neck and a hoodie. I like them both, but the hoodie is my favorite, and I was hoping to get another one. Beth was also hoping for a hoodie, and she was considering getting a headband.
Hoodie purchase was dependent on price, though … regular price for these things is $70, and we did not want to pay that much.

Long story short … nothing was on sale. I stared at the hoodies for a long time (on multiple visits to the booth), but didn’t buy. I probably should have gotten one, and I regretted not getting it, but whatever. Now I just have to get one during the next sale.
Beth, however, was a little more successful. The headband that would have best matched her outfit was not available, but she did get a headband that looked great with her 10K outfit. Look for pictures once we get to the 10K recap – the headband worked out great!

We wandered around a bit, but didn’t really see much that grabbed our attention. We did see some nutrition on sale, but of course, the stuff we use wasn’t there. Oh well. We weren’t really enjoying ourselves just wandering around, and we didn’t see much that grabbed our attention, so we made our way over to the official merchandise area.

WDW2016_Day2_328.jpg

This is a sign that was in the official merchandise area. We liked it, so we took a picture. Then we wandered.

Beth wanted two shirts: something that said “Marathon Weekend,” and a 10K “I Did It” shirt.
I just wanted something to jump out at me.
At first we couldn’t find the “I Did It” shirts. It turns out they had a separate area for them, so we went there and Beth got her 10K shirt. I thought about getting the 5K shirt, which I liked … but I decided against it. We also grabbed Beth a cute Marathon Weekend shirt.
And we grabbed a few small button pins, one each for each race and one each for the weekend, which we attached to the medals once we had them.
I looked around, and while I found some stuff I liked, there was nothing I loved at the price. The closest I got was a runDisney hoodie, but it was a little more than I wanted to pay, so I decided against it. I was hoping for a necklace, but they didn’t seem to have one. So I walked away empty handed. Oh well.
There was a lot of stuff … hats, shirts, jackets, wine glasses, etc etc. Race specific and general runDisney. The stuff they had was great … I just didn’t want any of it.
Sorry guys, no pictures of the merch. I was lazy by that point in time.

After leaving the official merchandise area, we wandered around a bit more (including more time staring at the Raw Threads booth) before deciding to call it a night. We had ended up spending a lot less time than expected at the expo … we just weren’t feeling it. Oh well, it happens. At least my credit card bill was happy about it.

Before leaving we saw a statue that was screaming “Sarah come take a picture with me!”:

WDW2016_Day2_331B.jpg

For those of you who don’t know this … I love baseball. And Mickey Mouse. So I loved this statue!!

Then it was time to head back to the hotel. We hopped on a bus to Pop Century (& Art of Animation … it was bus #10), and made sure to pay special attention to where the bus dropped us off, because that would be where it picked us up the next morning. Once we got to the hotel, we refilled our water bottles and headed back to the room. Beth went to go grab some stuff from the food court, and then we ate dinner (deli sandwiches and rice) in the room. Then it was time for bed, but first … we had to take pictures of our race outfits. Because that’s what runners do.

Mine:

WDW2016_Day2_334.jpg

Beth’s:

WDW2016_Day2_338.jpg

And, since Beth is better with taking pictures of things than I am, here’s what the 5K shirt and pin look like:

WDW2016_Day2_336.jpg

The 5K shirts are regular unisex cotton shirts (the 10K and longer shirts are not … but I’ll get to that later. Maybe).

Once our outfits were all laid out (and put on the chair … we didn’t sleep with our outfits on the bed) and we were all packed, we were ready for bed. It was much earlier than we usually go to sleep … but we had an early wakeup coming the next morning!

End of Day Stats:
Steps: 21,585
Miles: 9.03
Flights of Stairs: 11

Coming Next: … And I Can’t Get You Out of My Head

Last edited:
Race Expo!

Great in depth analysis of the expo! I didn't have a great experience at the 5K packet pick up as you heard in my TR but oh well I just wish they were all on the same page. I also found it weird how the 5K pick up was outside the stadium this year, last year it was not.

Being a guy I'm not into raw threads.

I had a big haul at the merchandise area using up all of my Disney gift cards. I went through twice and couldn't find the I did it shirts either until after I was in the check out line which then I went back to get the o did it for the half. I did get the 5K pin as well.

It sounds like you had a good expo time even though you didn't find anything for yourself sometimes that happens.

Buses are not your regular Disney transportation – they’re coach buses, and each bus serves several resorts. And the bus stops are not necessarily at or near your regular bus stops (sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t, and sometimes the bus stop moves).
Sounds convenient.

Because of the setup and the combination of races that we were doing, we had to visit all three venues.
Sounds convenient.

They had those footsteps in the area between the two buildings, and I thought they were kinda cute. The extra walking and stairs to get between the buildings weren’t quite as much fun, though. But we walked and walked and climbed stairs until we got to our next destination…
Nope... you don't get to complain about extra walking and stairs. You voluntarily signed up to run 2 races.

Long story short … nothing was on sale. I stared at the hoodies for a long time (on multiple visits to the booth), but didn’t buy. I probably should have gotten one, and I regretted not getting it, but whatever. Now I just have to get one during the next sale.
Sorry you couldn't find what you needed. At least not for the price you were willing to pay.

Oh well, it happens. At least my credit card bill was happy about it.
::yes::

and made sure to pay special attention to where the bus dropped us off, because that would be where it picked us up the next morning.
Yeah, because I'm sure they won't move it... :rolleyes1

Once our outfits were all laid out (and put on the chair … we didn’t sleep with our outfits on the bed) and we were all packed, we were ready for bed. It was much earlier than we usually go to sleep … but we had an early wakeup coming the next morning!
I'd be going to bed early too if I had to get up that early in the morning!

This is actually quite interesting! While I'm not a runner (actually despise it although I need to do it for work) I do find things like this fascinating!

Thanks for sharing!! Those race expos can be fun but also overwhelming..that one seemed like it was huge! Sorry you didn't find any great deals!!!

We stopped by Raw Threads first.
For those of you who are not yet familiar with Raw Threads … it’s a running apparel company. They do a lot of Disney-inspired designs, which are super cute. In fact, Beth’s 10K shirt was Raw Threads.

I saw several things at the Raw Threads booth I wanted, but talked myself out of in the end. How do their sizes run? Similar to the RD Champion stuff?

I was so overwhelmed by the race Expo, there were so many people there when we were there, and so many things to look at.

I'm impressed by how much you were able to cover in one morning at Magic Kingdom! Can't wait to read how the rest of your trip went!

I love the souvenirs you got! :D While I am not much of a runner, the Marathon and Race Expo look like a lot of fun! :D
Can't wait to read more about your trip Sarah! :D

I really like the pictures you took with all the signs and banners. And with baseball Mickey.

When we do the class trips, the mornings we have the Y.E.S. classes in the park, we take the coach buses.

Wow, I'm tired just from reading about all the walking and climbing and browsing at the expo!

Too bad you didn't find more that you wanted to buy, but good for you for not spending money on things you didn't think were worth the price.

Cute running outfits!

Get some rest, it's going to be an early morning.

:cat:

I am so glad i'm not the only one who thinks "high school" when they see the Jostens center! Also i didn't even notice they had steps that led you to the expo. I was just following the crowds the whole time. and i totally agree about the merch. I liked a lot of it, but just not enough to buy it!

I think the merchants at the expos make the most money when runners arrive in Disney during a cold snap and find that they didn't bring warm enough running clothes. ;)

Race Expo!

Great in depth analysis of the expo! I didn't have a great experience at the 5K packet pick up as you heard in my TR but oh well I just wish they were all on the same page. I also found it weird how the 5K pick up was outside the stadium this year, last year it was not.

Thanks! I'm glad we had a good experience with packet pickup ... reading your story made me sad, because I hate when other people don't have the same great experience as I had!
And I wonder why they moved 5K pickup to the stadium this year ... HP Field House seemed so empty, I think they definitely could have fit it in there. It was weird.

Being a guy I'm not into raw threads.

I can understand that. They do actually have some mens stuff, but not so much.

I had a big haul at the merchandise area using up all of my Disney gift cards. I went through twice and couldn't find the I did it shirts either until after I was in the check out line which then I went back to get the o did it for the half. I did get the 5K pin as well.

There was a lot of good stuff in the runDisney area, so I can definitely see why you would get a lot there. And yeah, the "I Did It" shirts were pretty well hidden. I was a little surprised by that.

It sounds like you had a good expo time even though you didn't find anything for yourself sometimes that happens.

It was definitely a fun experience, even though I didn't get anything.

Sounds convenient.

It's not as bad as I make it seem ... you just have to know where the bus stop is.

Sounds convenient.

I would have visited all three venues anyway. There's shopping involved. I like shopping.
Also, you're starting to repeat yourself.

Nope... you don't get to complain about extra walking and stairs. You voluntarily signed up to run 2 races.

I signed up for two races. I didn't sign up for walking around all of ESPN Wide World of Sports.

Sorry you couldn't find what you needed. At least not for the price you were willing to pay.

It happens sometimes. But thanks.

Yeah, because I'm sure they won't move it... :rolleyes1

Once the "Race Weekend Transportation" sign shows up, they usually don't move it (in my previous experience at least). There really isn't any reason to move it.

I'd be going to bed early too if I had to get up that early in the morning!

Exactly! I'm not an early bed person, but for an early wakeup like that ... it's a necessity.

This is actually quite interesting! While I'm not a runner (actually despise it although I need to do it for work) I do find things like this fascinating!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! I'm glad you're enjoying reading about the experience!

Thanks for sharing!! Those race expos can be fun but also overwhelming..that one seemed like it was huge! Sorry you didn't find any great deals!!!

Thanks! It was definitely one of those "big and overwhelming" type expos, but ... runDisney puts on a good event and it was definitely a lot of fun!

I saw several things at the Raw Threads booth I wanted, but talked myself out of in the end. How do their sizes run? Similar to the RD Champion stuff?

It's fairly similar. I wear the same size Raw Threads as I do Champion tech shirts ... but the Raw Threads ones fit me a little better (Champion tech shirts are usually a little big on me, but not big enough that I'd need to size down). I'd say the size is not exactly the same, but it's close enough.

I was so overwhelmed by the race Expo, there were so many people there when we were there, and so many things to look at.

It was definitely a very overwhelming experience, but I hope you guys still had some fun!

I'm impressed by how much you were able to cover in one morning at Magic Kingdom! Can't wait to read how the rest of your trip went!

Thanks! We definitely had a good morning at MK!

I love the souvenirs you got! :D While I am not much of a runner, the Marathon and Race Expo look like a lot of fun! :D

Thanks! It definitely was a fun experience.

I really like the pictures you took with all the signs and banners. And with baseball Mickey.

Thanks!

When we do the class trips, the mornings we have the Y.E.S. classes in the park, we take the coach buses.

I guess you're familiar with coach buses at Disney, then. I forgot that they use coach buses for things other than the races...

Wow, I'm tired just from reading about all the walking and climbing and browsing at the expo!

Yeah, it's definitely exhausting. Or maybe that was because we hadn't eaten dinner yet...

Too bad you didn't find more that you wanted to buy, but good for you for not spending money on things you didn't think were worth the price.

Thanks. I definitely wish I could have gotten something, but I'm big on not buying things unless I think they're worth it, and that's just what happens sometimes.

Cute running outfits!

Thanks!!

Get some rest, it's going to be an early morning.

That was definitely the plan!

I am so glad i'm not the only one who thinks "high school" when they see the Jostens center! Also i didn't even notice they had steps that led you to the expo. I was just following the crowds the whole time. and i totally agree about the merch. I liked a lot of it, but just not enough to buy it!

I really can't think of anything else when I hear Jostens ... the two are basically completely intertwined in my head.
By the time we got there the crowds had lessened, so we had to follow the footsteps, not the masses. Which meant noticing the stairs :(

I think the merchants at the expos make the most money when runners arrive in Disney during a cold snap and find that they didn't bring warm enough running clothes. ;)

Definitely. When I went for the Princess 5K last year, it was in the 30's for race day. I saw a lot of people wearing things they probably bought at the expo.

Following along.
Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for stopping by and reading along!!

Loved the running outfits - esp. the sparkly blue skirt ( ; Looking forward to the next update

Thanks!
We were actually a little undecided about the sparkly skirt. Beth bought it online and didn't like it as much as she thought she would. But it ended up being okay and it looked really cute as part of her outfit, so I'm glad she got it!

Buses are not your regular Disney transportation – they’re coach buses, and each bus serves several resorts. And the bus stops are not necessarily at or near your regular bus stops (sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t, and sometimes the bus stop moves).

That sounds...confusing. :confused:

(also … there’s something on the waiver about selfie sticks).

Of course there is. :rolleyes:

It’s the most insanely comfortable clothing I own. No joke. I have a short-sleeve v-neck and a hoodie. I like them both, but the hoodie is my favorite, and I was hoping to get another one.

Ooh. I've never heard of Raw Threads but now I must check this out. My various hoodies are my favorite article of clothing 9 months out of the year.

Long story short … nothing was on sale. I stared at the hoodies for a long time (on multiple visits to the booth), but didn’t buy. I probably should have gotten one, and I regretted not getting it, but whatever.

That figures. :sad2: Sorry you didn't get a hoodie. Hopefully you'll find a sale soon.

WDW2016_Day2_331B.jpg

For those of you who don’t know this … I love baseball. And Mickey Mouse. So I loved this statue!!

I love this photo and baseball Mickey. Have you ever been to Spring training?

I just realized my comments are kind of heavy on the sarcasm. Sorry about that. ;) But it was interesting reading about the running stuff because I might get the nerve up someday to try a race. Thanks for sharing, Sarah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter