• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

Day 5, Chapter 3: Yeah, Let’s Just Drink Outside
Saturday, January 9th, 2016 (mostly)
When we left off, I had a plan, and I had convinced Beth to go along with my plan. So what was the plan? Well, as my plans usually are … it was a boat ride. After a short wait, we were on a boat on our way over to the Polynesian. Behold, a really dark boat selfie:

WDW2016_Day5_216.jpg

We’re on a boat to the Polynesian Village Resort and we’re both over 21, so I think you guys can guess where we were headed:

WDW2016_Day5_218.jpg

Sorry, I don’t know what’s up with my hair or my face in that picture. Or the severe red eye that I felt no need to correct (seriously, I hate Photoshop, and I don’t have Lightroom or anything like that, so more often than not, my pictures stay as they are).

After spending more time than we should have getting that picture, we went in, and the hostess told us that the wait would be 35 minutes. We were also told that if we didn’t want to wait, they serve the full menu outside at the Tiki Terrace.
Part of experience of Trader Sam’s is the atmosphere. Particularly for people like us who are primarily beer drinkers and may not get a fancy specialty drink.
But it was also 10:30 at night and we did not want to wait 35 minutes. So we didn’t get to really see the inside of Trader Sam’s. We chose to drink outside instead.

We sat down and waited for a server to approach us. We actually found the Tiki Terrace to be really nice and peaceful. There was a ukulele player serenading us when we first arrived (he actually left at some point while we were there):

WDW2016_Day5_219.jpg

We also took a few pictures of the area (not all right at this moment, but I figured I’d throw them all in together). Tiki statue:

WDW2016_Day5_226.jpg

Waterfall:

WDW2016_Day5_227.jpg

After a few minutes, a server approached us and gave us menus. Like the good DISer that I am, I tried to take pictures … and failed (again, my bizarre cell phone camera). Beth, however, was very successful at the picture taking (or at least Beth’s phone was … I may have taken these pictures with her phone, I don’t remember).

Front:

WDW2016_Day5_221.jpg

Inside:

WDW2016_Day5_222.jpg

Inside Close-Ups:

WDW2016_Day5_223.jpg

WDW2016_Day5_224.jpg

Back Page:

WDW2016_Day5_220.jpg

I know that when you go to Trader Sam’s you’re supposed to get a fun specialty drink in a souvenir cup … but I didn’t want to deal with issues that could have arisen for us with ingredients in mixed drinks (way too complicated for me to explain), so we decided to be boring and go beer.

But at least we were a little fun and went with Hawaiian craft beer:

WDW2016_Day5_225.jpg

The one on the left is mine – it’s a Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale. I enjoyed it a lot – I’m bad at describing these things, but I thought it had a solid and enjoyable flavor. I would definitely recommend and definitely would get it again.
On the right is Beth’s Kona Longboard Island Lager. She enjoyed it.
For those of you curious about the cost … each beer cost $6.75. And that’s probably a 16-oz cup. So really not too expensive.
We both liked our beers, but realized that we probably should have gotten the beer flight (which contained three different beers from the Kona Brewing Company, two of which are the ones we got). Oh well, next time.

As we were working on our drinks, Beth was working on some postcards to send to her nieces (her best friend’s two daughters). It’s hard, because each girl gets her own postcard, but she has to say vaguely similar things so that they don’t get jealous of each other. Beth was telling me what she was writing, to which my response was … “You write lame postcards.” She disagreed.
I’m hysterical. Beth just doesn’t appreciate me.

While we drank we also snacked on some nuts that I had in my bag … so don’t worry, we weren’t drinking on an empty stomach.

Once we were done and had paid our bill, it was time to head back to the hotel. Since there are no direct buses from the Poly to Pop Century, we decided to take a bus to Disney Springs and then a bus from Disney Springs to Pop. As we made our way through the hotel to the bus stop, I had to make a pit stop (because, well, life). We even made a friend at the end of our pit stop – some cute little kid started a conversation with us about dinosaurs or something. His mom apologized, to which my response was, “That’s okay, we have cousins that age.” I may not like kids very much, but I understand them.

After we finished our pit stop, we looked around the Poly a bit and took some pictures:

WDW2016_Day5_229.jpg

WDW2016_Day5_230.jpg

WDW2016_Day5_231.jpg

Just a note on this picture: I’ve never seen Lilo & Stitch (and don’t have any intense desire to see it), and Beth doesn’t understand why I point at things in pictures.

WDW2016_Day5_232.jpg

We made our way out of the hotel, taking one last picture as we were leaving:

WDW2016_Day5_235.jpg

As we were wandering around the Poly, making our way to the exit, I realized … I love this place. It’s calm and relaxing, but still has those fun elements of Disney. It’s got some super cute stuff that lets you know that you’re still in the Disney bubble … but it doesn’t scream “Disney,” it whispers. It brings in that island flavor without forcing you to leave the Disney world. It really was the perfect place to spend a Saturday night. I never had any interest in staying at the Poly, but now … I really want to. A few hours relaxing and a few minutes wandering made me fall in love with a hotel that I never would have thought about before.
Beth liked it, but is not quite as in love as I am.

Anyway … back to the story.
We went out to the bus stop and had to wait a bit for a bus. Finally, a bus came that said that it was going to Disney Springs. We got on the bus, and it went to the Grand Floridian, where some people got off, and another person got on. The bus driver told us that Disney Springs was already closed. The other guy on the bus was arguing with the driver, telling him that some things are open until 2 AM (which is true of some of the restaurants). We already knew that most things were closed, but we were just going there to catch a bus to Pop, which is what we told him. He said that he would call his dispatcher to see if he could take us to Pop Century.

We arrived at Disney Springs, where our driver told us that our next stop would be Pop Century – yay, we didn’t have to change buses! The other guy got off the bus, a few new people got on, and we finally we were headed back to Pop. Thankfully, it didn’t take too long, because I needed another pit stop.
This is why I don’t drink. When I drink, I pee.

We made it back to the hotel, made our pit stop, went back to the room, and got ready for bed. No early wakeup call the next morning, thankfully, but we did have somewhere that we wanted to be around 10 AM, so we needed to get some sleep!

Saturday “End of Day” (Starting Approx. 7 PM) Stats:
Steps: 3,883 (not our most active day, clearly)
Miles: 1.62
Flights of Stairs: 4

Coming Next: Disaster Morning

Still following here. Love the updates! I've never been to trader Sam but your menu pictures make me want to have an exotic drink there on a warm summer night. I always loved walking around the Poly at night, it reminded me of Hawaii I hope you stay there your next trip since you really enjoyed it.

Looks like a fun mini golf course. Very whimsical, which I love. Including the mini poems/instructions before each hole.

Yes! The whimsy was definitely why it was such a great course, and those instructions were fantastic (and helped sometimes)!

Congrats on the win.

Thanks!

And you are right, that is the best post mini golf snack. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to get a Mickey bar while I was there (among some other things). Next time I need to be better prepared with a snack list!

We actually ended up not getting them on a few previous trips (I know, terrible), so I was definitely glad that we fit them in this trip. It's a basic snack, but still an awesome one!

Love how much of an awesome time you had mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens, which looks very whimsical and your post game snack choice of a Mickey bar could not be better! :D

Thanks! It was definitely very whimsical and the snack was perfect!

Still following here. Love the updates! I've never been to trader Sam but your menu pictures make me want to have an exotic drink there on a warm summer night. I always loved walking around the Poly at night, it reminded me of Hawaii I hope you stay there your next trip since you really enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking the time to read along! Trader Sam's is definitely worth a visit, and they have a lot of great alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
I really hope that I do get to stay at the Poly soon, I really loved it so much!

Day 6, Chapter 3: In France We Eat Medals
Sunday, January 10th, 2016

When you last saw us, we had returned to Epcot via the International Gateway.

So, what did we do first?
Stop for pictures, of course:

WDW2016_Day6_118.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_121.jpeg

Next picture stop was in France:

WDW2016_Day6_125.jpg

The PhotoPass photographer seemed to think that we were wearing Olympic medals, because she asked us to do something we’ve never been asked to do before:

WDW2016_Day6_130.jpeg

She asked us to bite our medals. It was weird. I don’t know how Olympians do it. It’s not something I’m looking to doing again any time soon.

As we continued to walk around the World Showcase, we saw something I’d heard about before but never seen – character training. For those who are not familiar, character training is when they randomly have a few characters out in an area for meet and greets. It’s totally unscheduled and random, but sometimes you can get lucky and see it. We caught it at the tail end, so we only got one picture:

WDW2016_Day6_131.jpg

I was hoping to get Eeyore, but they closed his line before we got a chance to get in line. Oh well. At least we saw a penguin!

With our rare character picture taken, it was time for another rare picture:

WDW2016_Day6_133.jpg

This was the first time that we had ever seen the bridge up! We saw them bringing in the barges for Illuminations, which was a cool little thing that we had never seen before. It was a fun “behind the scenes but onstage” moment. (Waiting for them to put the bridge back down so that we could cross … not as fun)

While I was taking pictures, I needed to get a picture of a golf ball:

WDW2016_Day6_134.jpg

We were hoping to catch some princesses on our walk through World Showcase, but the timing just never worked out right. Fortunately, we did get to see a pretty awesome character:

WDW2016_Day6_135.jpg

While we were in Mexico, we figured we’d visit one of our favorite attractions:

WDW2016_Day6_143.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_144.jpg

(sorry about my squinty face there … I should have just left the sunglasses on)

WDW2016_Day6_145.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_146.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_147.jpg

On a previous trip, we had the good fortune to be seated in the front row of the boat, and I loved that view and getting pictures without people in front of me. Beth remembered this (because she’s awesome like that), so she requested the front row – and the CM gladly obliged! So now you have to sit through some of my pictures:

WDW2016_Day6_150.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_157.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_158.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_159.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_160.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_163.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_172.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_174.jpg

We had another FP+ coming up soon, and we had to head over to Future World for that. We did make a stop on the way:

WDW2016_Day6_177.jpeg

We also stopped for some more giant golf ball pictures:

WDW2016_Day6_181.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_185.jpeg

Artsy (aka tilted):

WDW2016_Day6_187.jpeg

We finished our pictures and made our way to our FP+ … which we will discuss in the next installment of this trip report.

Coming Next: How Many Miles Is That?

Last edited:
How fun that you get to relive your trip some more in July :) I'm loving reading about it all. Now that I have officially done my first 10K I want to do one at Disney some day...don't think it will be next year but who knows.. lol

Mini golf looked like a lot of fun! And you were a winner...awesome!

I had some catching up to do so I have a few "older" comments! ;)

I love that you visited Trader Sam's! Beer or fancy drink, inside or out....I'd say you get an A for effort. I still have yet to make time for it. I totally get your unexpected love for the Poly! After our few night stay last summer I've been smitten with it and I wasn't really anticipating that!

It was so nice to run into you two outside of DHS even if it was because of traffic issues on your end.

Really fun picture with Baymax! Funny you were asked to take your medals off but I get it. Too bad the CM wasn't the friendliest.

I really liked all your mini-golf pictures. Aaron and I played that course a few years ago but I don't remember it much and don't think I was able to take in very many details. I like that they TRY to space you out but it always seems like the group behind us still catches up and then I am forced to just keep moving.

Seems like a fun afternoon at Epcot! Bummer that the princess timing was off.

The PhotoPass photographer seemed to think that we were wearing Olympic medals, because she asked us to do something we’ve never been asked to do before:
It was a little crazy to bite the medals, but the photographer took a couple of very nice pictures. I really like the one they took of you and your sister in front of the fountain in Paris. :)

As we continued to walk around the World Showcase, we saw something I’d heard about before but never seen – character training. For those who are not familiar, character training is when they randomly have a few characters out in an area for meet and greets. It’s totally unscheduled and random, but sometimes you can get lucky and see it. We caught it at the tail end, so we only got one picture:
We had this happen to us last October. We were walking near Canada and a CM pulled us over to take pictures with Rapunzel in the area by the entrance to the event building between UK and Canada. I didn't know it was training, but it makes sense.

This was the first time that we had ever seen the bridge up! We saw them bringing in the barges for Illuminations, which was a cool little thing that we had never seen before. It was a fun “behind the scenes but onstage” moment. (Waiting for them to put the bridge back down so that we could cross … not as fun)
That is a good shot of the bridge. We've never seen it go up.

Naturally.

WDW2016_Day6_130.jpeg

She asked us to bite our medals. It was weird. I don’t know how Olympians do it. It’s not something I’m looking to doing again any time soon.

Still makes for a pretty cool photo!

As we continued to walk around the World Showcase, we saw something I’d heard about before but never seen – character training.

Ooooh, luck you!

So now you have to sit through some of my pictures:

Don't mind if I do popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

It's one of my favorites too. So very very delightful!

Wonderful photos as always. Looking forward to your next installment

Day 6, Chapter 1: Disaster Morning

Anyway … the bus eventually came, and we made our way to Epcot!

WDW2016_Day6_003.jpg

Official Picture:

image%203.jpg

We had a FP+, so it wasn’t too long before we were designing this guy …

WDW2016_Day6_043.jpg

So so sorry I am incredibly behind on your report. I have been looking forward to reading about this day, since I was also at the parks at the same time. EPCOT in the morning (where we "almost" crossed paths, I was at Behind the Seeds)

That is a shame about some of your mishaps that morning- the glasses, forgetting the vouchers, goofy transportation, changing FP and then not being able to change them back... But the unfriendly CM is just unacceptable. Like you said, when a CM is onstage, they need to appear to be in a positive mood. Even if they aren't. Related aside. I have been working this week at farm camp, kids 5-9. My son Ben has been helping. When we were finished, we celebrated by getting lunch and on the way to the restaurant, there was a young boy who walked toward us. I smiled at him and Ben turned to me and said "You're off duty. You don't have to smile at kids anymore."

:laughing:

Love the photopass pictures!

I am finally convinced that it wasn't you and Beth that I saw in EPCOT...

1) You didn't go to France
2) Although the hair of the two people looked like yours from the back, they were both wearing light grey sweatshirt (I think)
3) Nobody turned around when I whisper-called "Sarah! Sarah!"

Not bad pictures in Spaceship earth. Your future looks a lot like mine. Undersea. Always undersea!

Sweet ride for Test Track! I love the color and the stars!

:goodvibes

When you last saw us, we had returned to Epcot via the International Gateway.

WDW2016_Day6_118.jpg

WDW2016_Day6_121.jpeg

This is my favorite photopass location! I love what you did with the border and sticker in the first picture.

YAY! on the penguin picture!

I like the pictures from "It's a Small Mexico" It never occurred to me to ask for the front row.

:goodvibes

Love your France photos! I can see why biting your medals can be weird.

I really regret not getting a photo with my half medal and Donald in Mexico. This next year I'm on a mission to do that!

Gran fiesta tour is great. I just love those animatronics they added.

I'm searching in the background of your pictures to try and see if I can spot myself, to see if we crossed paths at any point that day :laughing:.

You ended up with some really fantastic Photopass pictures! I love the one of you and Beth in front of the fountain in France!

Seeing all of the characters you met really makes me realize we did not do Epcot properly at all. We rushed through World Showcase, and I don't think we met a single character there. We also didn't go on the Gran Fiesta Tour - I can't even remember now if we saw Mexico at all! Your pictures make the ride look really cute though!

How fun that you get to relive your trip some more in July :) I'm loving reading about it all. Now that I have officially done my first 10K I want to do one at Disney some day...don't think it will be next year but who knows.. lol

Oh, at the speed I'm going with this TR, I'll be reliving the trip for another 6 months. (Seriously, Beth and I were discussing this on the train yesterday ... I'm on track to finish this in January!)
You should definitely do a Disney 10K! It's tough because you have to sign up so far in advance (and the 10Ks are almost always the first race to sell out), but they're so much fun!

Mini golf looked like a lot of fun! And you were a winner...awesome!

Thanks!

I had some catching up to do so I have a few "older" comments! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to read through ... I know you've been super busy and I really appreciate it :)

I love that you visited Trader Sam's! Beer or fancy drink, inside or out....I'd say you get an A for effort. I still have yet to make time for it. I totally get your unexpected love for the Poly! After our few night stay last summer I've been smitten with it and I wasn't really anticipating that!

Thanks! I'm really glad we made it there, and I'm hoping we can get inside eventually.
I really think the Poly is a hidden gem ... I know a lot of people love it, but I think there are also a lot of people (like me) who don't think they will like it and end up falling in love!

It was so nice to run into you two outside of DHS even if it was because of traffic issues on your end.

Running into you guys was definitely one of the highlights of disaster morning :)

Really fun picture with Baymax! Funny you were asked to take your medals off but I get it. Too bad the CM wasn't the friendliest.

Thanks! It was definitely a bummer that the CM wasn't magical, but meeting Baymax was still fun.

I really liked all your mini-golf pictures. Aaron and I played that course a few years ago but I don't remember it much and don't think I was able to take in very many details. I like that they TRY to space you out but it always seems like the group behind us still catches up and then I am forced to just keep moving.

Thanks! I definitely wanted to try to focus on taking everything in because I knew there would be a lot of detail to see.
Pacing and spacing with mini-golf is always hard. I've seen courses where they try to space you out and ones where they don't, and we have pacing problems on both. It's just the way mini-golf works ... some groups are faster than others, and sometimes you just have to wait.

Seems like a fun afternoon at Epcot! Bummer that the princess timing was off.

Thanks! It was definitely a bummer that we missed the princesses, but thankfully, we had a plan to see additional princesses throughout the trip!

It was a little crazy to bite the medals, but the photographer took a couple of very nice pictures. I really like the one they took of you and your sister in front of the fountain in Paris. :)

Thank you!

We had this happen to us last October. We were walking near Canada and a CM pulled us over to take pictures with Rapunzel in the area by the entrance to the event building between UK and Canada. I didn't know it was training, but it makes sense.

That is awesome! I always love random character encounters. (And I knew that it was training because I've read about it online)

That is a good shot of the bridge. We've never seen it go up.

Thanks. This is the first time we've ever seen it up - it was cool!

Naturally.

:)

Still makes for a pretty cool photo!

Thanks. "Awkward but cool" is pretty much a life goal for me.

Ooooh, luck you!

::yes::

Don't mind if I do popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

It's one of my favorites too. So very very delightful!

Wonderful photos as always. Looking forward to your next installment

Thank you!!

So so sorry I am incredibly behind on your report. I have been looking forward to reading about this day, since I was also at the parks at the same time. EPCOT in the morning (where we "almost" crossed paths, I was at Behind the Seeds)

I totally understand falling behind (it happens to me too sometimes ... like right now ... I think I'm behind on at least one of your reports...)

That is a shame about some of your mishaps that morning- the glasses, forgetting the vouchers, goofy transportation, changing FP and then not being able to change them back... But the unfriendly CM is just unacceptable. Like you said, when a CM is onstage, they need to appear to be in a positive mood. Even if they aren't. Related aside. I have been working this week at farm camp, kids 5-9. My son Ben has been helping. When we were finished, we celebrated by getting lunch and on the way to the restaurant, there was a young boy who walked toward us. I smiled at him and Ben turned to me and said "You're off duty. You don't have to smile at kids anymore."

Totally agree on the CM. Smiling at people is something that's nice to do in general, but even if you're not someone who smiles at people just because ... if you're on stage, you have to act like you're happy to be there.

Love the photopass pictures!

Thanks!

1) You didn't go to France
2) Although the hair of the two people looked like yours from the back, they were both wearing light grey sweatshirt (I think)
3) Nobody turned around when I whisper-called "Sarah! Sarah!"

I'm sad that we didn't see you, but now I don't feel bad about not hearing someone calling my name, because apparently it wasn't me! (I would have felt a bad if you had seen me and I missed you!)

Not bad pictures in Spaceship earth. Your future looks a lot like mine. Undersea. Always undersea!

We almost always get undersea ... it's a good thing I love The Little Mermaid!

Sweet ride for Test Track! I love the color and the stars!

Thanks!

What an awesome review of the Fantasia Course! I love that you documented the holes and the descriptions and even the composers! Well done!!!

Thank you! I definitely wanted to include as many pictures and details as I could!

:thumbsup2

Time?

We may have crossed "paths"/rivers here.

I was on a Friendship Boat from EP to HS, maybe around 1-ish.

I think this was later than this, because we didn't get to mini golf after 1 ... according to the timestamp on the pictures, it was around 3:50ish. So another not almost encounter :(

This is my favorite photopass location! I love what you did with the border and sticker in the first picture.

Thank you! We really love getting pictures there.
Although I will admit ... not my favorite part of the 5K course, because it's a slight uphill. I don't like running uphill (I do it at home all the time ... not a fan).

YAY! on the penguin picture!

:)

I like the pictures from "It's a Small Mexico" It never occurred to me to ask for the front row.

Thanks! I never would have thought of asking for the front row until we got it "by accident" that first time - but I think that if you're looking for good pictures, it's a great idea!

Love your France photos! I can see why biting your medals can be weird.

Thanks!

I really regret not getting a photo with my half medal and Donald in Mexico. This next year I'm on a mission to do that!

You really should have gotten a picture with Mexican Donald and the medal ... definitely do it next year.
Also ... you should try to get as many Mickey outfits as you can with the marathon medal. Same with Goofy and the Goofy medal (basically ... carry around all of your medals and mix-and-match based on what characters you're meeting).

Gran fiesta tour is great. I just love those animatronics they added.

Totally agree - the new animatronics were a great addition!

I'm searching in the background of your pictures to try and see if I can spot myself, to see if we crossed paths at any point that day :laughing:.

I have to look through my pictures more carefully and see if you guys are in any of them!

You ended up with some really fantastic Photopass pictures! I love the one of you and Beth in front of the fountain in France!

Thank you!

Seeing all of the characters you met really makes me realize we did not do Epcot properly at all. We rushed through World Showcase, and I don't think we met a single character there. We also didn't go on the Gran Fiesta Tour - I can't even remember now if we saw Mexico at all! Your pictures make the ride look really cute though!

Epcot can be really hard to figure out. We like to focus on characters in World Showcase, but I think a lot of people focus more on the pavilions in World Showcase. It's one of those things that if you keep going back, you figure out what works best for you.
But you definitely have to make sure to do the Gran Fiesta Tour next trip!

I had to pop on here and say how fun it was to see your video on the recent DisUnplugged episode (and @rteetz too!)! You did a great job! :D :D :D

Thank you! I was definitely nervous (and I hated seeing myself on the video), but it was great to have an opportunity to thank the team even though I couldn't make it to the meet.

@SarahDisney - I just followed over here from the July Mousekercize challenge and I'm catching up on your report. So far, I love that you've posted a ton of pictures AND character pictures!

:welcome:
Thanks for stopping by and following along! I took a lot of pictures this trip, so I definitely wanted to post as many as I could!

Day 6, Chapter 4: How Many Miles Is That?
It was just about time for our last FP+ for the day …

WDW2016_Day6_213.jpg

It was time to meet some of our favorite Disney friends!

(Warning: I don’t know if these pictures are in order … they feel out of order to me, but I might be wrong)

The Main Mouse himself:

WDW2016_Day6_192.jpg

The Goof:

WDW2016_Day6_198.jpg

Talking about our medals:

WDW2016_Day6_199.jpeg

The always beautiful Minnie Mouse:

WDW2016_Day6_203.jpg

This was the first time we had seen Minnie alone, so we asked her to sign our 10K medal ribbons (since it’s her race) … she was very excited!

WDW2016_Day6_211.jpeg

WDW2016_Day6_204.jpeg

WDW2016_Day6_205.jpeg

Now that we had met some favorite friends, it was time to head to a favorite attraction:

WDW2016_Day6_214.jpg

We didn’t have FP+ and didn’t want to wait on the long line, so we did single rider. We’ve done this before, and while it’s not the same as riding together, it’s fine, especially because we don’t talk much on Test Track. We skipped the single rider design area and didn’t have to wait too long before boarding cars.

We only have my picture, not Beth’s (we had some issues with ride pictures this trip), so you only get to see one of us with hair in face (although my hair isn’t so much in my face as just flying):

WDW2016_Day6_215.jpg

And yes, that is a marathon runner sitting next to me. Or at least someone wearing a marathon medal.

At this point it was around 6 PM, and we had a 7 PM dinner reservation, so we made our way back to World Showcase.

WDW2016_Day6_218.jpeg

We were on the UK side, so we decided to go hunt down some characters. And by characters … I mean Pooh & friends. We went to their M&G area, and there were a few groups in front of us, including a youngish couple (probably around our age) and their adorable daughter, and a British family. We didn’t really interact with the people on line, but we watched their interactions.

Anyway, eventually it was our turn to meet some of my favorite friends:

WDW2016_Day6_221.jpeg

Okay. So. Winnie the Pooh did this thing where he had dolls of the other characters and gave them to us to hold …

WDW2016_Day6_224.jpeg

Not gonna lie, it was a little bit weird. Like, creepy weird. But okay then.

Posed picture:

WDW2016_Day6_220.jpg

We made our way through the store and over to another fun M&G …

WDW2016_Day6_228.jpg

We showed Alice our medals, and she was very impressed. She saw the 10K medal and asked us how many miles that is.

Um … hey Alice, don’t you guys use kilometers where you come from? I was a little confused, so I asked … her answer was that she did grow up with kilometers, but she’s been here in the US for so long that she forgot her kilometers. Oh Alice.

It was almost time for our dinner, so we made our way over to our dinner location. Where would we be enjoying our evening meal?

WDW2016_Day6_274.jpg

For more on dinner … stay tuned for the next update.

Coming Next: Dining with Princesses, Take One

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter