I said Ohana, not Obama!!!! - A BFF's do NYE TR **UPDATE 11/4 Pg. 38**

I don't think i've ever seen that outside Coral Reef either! Guess i'll keep a look out for it next time!

I've only been to Coral Reef once, and it was great! I think the atmosphere of it all is really what made our meal great. Oh and I do remember that Wave...Yummy!

How cool about your waiter! I have Coral Reef on my list for the next trip if I can fit it in. We went in 2009 and the food was pretty good and the Chocolate Wave...yummo! But then I freak over anything chocolate! But we were underwhelmed also mostly due to a very dry and non-personable waiter! I have decided I want to go back now!

Love how you had to explain the FP situation. We seem to run into the ride being down during our FP return time. I wonder how the new FP rules will work for the many breakdowns that occur!

Yeti segment: I know he had to be glad there was a nice thick piece of glass between him and that turtle! One chomp is all it would have took! :lmao: And I hope no small children observed the pole dancing!! :lmao: Still loving the Yeti's reports!!!

Oh, for me the chocolate wave just makes the entire trip to the Coral Reef worth it. It's so good! Waiters make all the difference though. The first time I was there, our server was kind of "meh" so that changed my opinion a bit too.

I know that they said if the ride breaks down at all during the hour that you're supposed to return, even with the new FP policy, they will let you on outside of your window. That's kind of nice.

No small children were harmed during the Yeti Pole Dancing photo session. :laughing:

Love the pose of yeti outside Coral Reef...don't think I saw that either. Lol love the conversation you had in your head about what you would say if a CM saw you :rotfl:

Yay on having the best seats and your waiter sounds like a hoot! Food looks great as well.

I have those kinds of conversations in my head all the time...and now I just look crazy. :lmao:

I don't think i've ever seen that outside Coral Reef either! Guess i'll keep a look out for it next time!

I've only been to Coral Reef once, and it was great! I think the atmosphere of it all is really what made our meal great. Oh and I do remember that Wave...Yummy!

I'm going to look out for it the next time I'm there too, just to see if it's there all the time or if it was a fluke.

I agree, the atmosphere of the Coral Reef is really what makes the restaurant. For me, awesome atmosphere can make up for okay food. But then, I'm not a horribly picky person when it comes to food either.

Well, I guess I joined in and then missed all the updates until now. Just got all caught up. That's awesome that AK was so non-crowded on NYE. Glad Farrell liked it. That wonton dessert at Yak & Yeti is delicious...of course we love cream cheese wontons anyway, but this was extra good. Wouldn't mind some right now... Very cool to see what NYE night is like at DHS. I had no idea what they did there. Looks fun. Boy do I miss the Poly! I've never noticed that Pirate Mickey in Epcot either, but then again, we've never been to Coral Reef. Looking forward to more!

Okay, I have no idea how I've NOT seen your TR this entire time. Like, what the heck? Gotta get with the program over here!

I'm now caught up and numero uno, LOVE the little Yeti idea. Those chapters are adorable.

Number 2, okay, so you definitely said "amahzing" in one of your updates. I've been saying that nonstop lately because I am OBSESSED with the TV show Happy Endings. I'm secretly hoping you picked this up from it and are also a fan. If not, then just disregard this, hahaha.

I'm kind of surprised the crowds weren't as bad as I pictured them to be at this time! AK didn't seem too awful which is good.

Also, that photo of you guys on TT is cracking me up because what in God's name is the man next to you doing?! Hahaha, AMAHZING.

Well I am at the end so nothing to do but wait for the next update

I am hoping to have an update soon. Time has just gotten by me lately!

Well, I guess I joined in and then missed all the updates until now. Just got all caught up. That's awesome that AK was so non-crowded on NYE. Glad Farrell liked it. That wonton dessert at Yak & Yeti is delicious...of course we love cream cheese wontons anyway, but this was extra good. Wouldn't mind some right now... Very cool to see what NYE night is like at DHS. I had no idea what they did there. Looks fun. Boy do I miss the Poly! I've never noticed that Pirate Mickey in Epcot either, but then again, we've never been to Coral Reef. Looking forward to more!

Haha, that's okay!

I love a lot of stuff with cream cheese in it. I just saw the commercial the other day for the new chocolate cream cheese from Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Oh yeah. Definitely going to have to get there.

I miss the Poly too! I want to be back there right now so badly!

Okay, I have no idea how I've NOT seen your TR this entire time. Like, what the heck? Gotta get with the program over here!

I'm now caught up and numero uno, LOVE the little Yeti idea. Those chapters are adorable.

Number 2, okay, so you definitely said "amahzing" in one of your updates. I've been saying that nonstop lately because I am OBSESSED with the TV show Happy Endings. I'm secretly hoping you picked this up from it and are also a fan. If not, then just disregard this, hahaha.

I'm kind of surprised the crowds weren't as bad as I pictured them to be at this time! AK didn't seem too awful which is good.

Also, that photo of you guys on TT is cracking me up because what in God's name is the man next to you doing?! Hahaha, AMAHZING.

Haha, no worries! You're here now, and that's all that matters.

I do like Happy Endings, but the funny thing is I didn't pick it up from there. I have said it before I even saw that show. I think I picked it up from Franck from Father of the Bride.....:laughing: Or something like that.

That guy on TT was hilarious! I had no idea what his deal was, but he was fun to ride with at least. You could always get a dull person that just sits there. He was fun.

I'm back and caught up again (I really wish work would quiet down a little bit!).

Love the updates.

And just so you know, I just drooled all over my keyboard as well remembering that yummy, yummy Chocolate Wave cake which I had as well when we were there last month. :worship::worship:

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh... have I not actually commented on this TR?!?! AAGGGGHHHHH!!! I'm SOOOO sorry, Danielle (Queen of the Absolutely ESGAFSVSAGAV Hilarious TRs). But at least I have something to utilize my generally non-Disney freetime with- CATCHING UP ON AWESOME TRS!!!!! So to start off my first comment on this TR, LOVE the fact Yeti is back and is... talking! Boy, has he inherited a lot of traits from his mom ;) And the mischief he gets into... I'm scared how this TR is going to progress. I should leave now... NAHHH!!! And that's so funny how that Ostrich got so close to your vehicle. Maybe it's the same Ostrich from my last trip, he was practically leaning into our little vehicle. I have a picture but I'm too lazy to go find it :/ Well, since it is quite late I'll stop commenting now. I promise my mega-comments will arrive once you update again. Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Yay, a BFF TR! I love all kinds of TRs, but I read a ton of family or couple ones. I think the BFF ones are a whole different kind of fun! Bookmarking to hopefully catch up soon!

Back now I am here to catch up!

I love your hypothetical conversation with the Disney Police :laughing:

Great view! I love sea turtles!

That lobster ravioli looks amahzing! Actually both look really good! I am also a huge seafood fan and any type of fish looks good :laughing:

Oh my Walt! That guy in your Test Track picture is hilarious!

The Yeti looks so cute pole dancing! I actually wondered on this past trip whether people have gotten drunk around the World at Epcot and tried pole dancing on them :confused3

Yay, I'm all caught up on your TR now. Of course I have a few comments.

I love this picture http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/daniellevoss/WDW New Years 2012/25544c47.jpg I feel like I've never seen EE from that exact angle! Awesome job :)

"This started a theme for the rest of the trip. "Is anything going to come out and sting me or something?"" HAHAHA I love it! You just never know at Disney.

I can't tell you how badly I want to go to WDW on NYE! It looks like such a blast. That pic of you with the glow cube cracked me up, omg.

The Yeti updates are just too cute... him in Pumbaa's mouth! so funny!

I'm glad you had a good experience at Coral Reef... I've always heard mixed things but it just looks so cool in there!

Hi guys!

I am so sorry that I've been so far behind. I feel like I haven't even been able to catch up on other TRs. I will be updating soon, hopefully mid-week.

Things have been really busy! My mom broke her leg (as many of you knew). It was pretty difficult, she needed some physical therapy and I've had to help out a lot in that area.

I hope you guys will stick with me. :)

I hope your Mom is feeling much better soon.

I'm personally glad you've not updated for selfish reasons. I am way behind on everyone's TR's again thanks to our youngest son who decided three weeks to propose to his girlfriend and he proposed Friday night. We are ecstatic, but things have been hectic.

YAY! You're back from the dead... somewhat lol I hope your mom is feeling better. I'll be eagerly awaiting the day for you to join us again! I'll be off to Quebec if you need me ;)

So sorry to hear about your mom! I understand on the difficulty staying caught up and updating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter